How to Use Different Fonts on Instagram
Do you want to add some custom Instagram fonts? If so, look no further.
In this article, we’re going to show you how to use custom fonts on Instagram Stories, posts, and on your Bio to make your content stand out.
How to Use Different Fonts on Instagram
In recent times, developers at Instagram have tried to spice things up by increasing the number of fonts available for your Instagram Stories from one to nine. Although this has come as a relief for users initially stuck with only Sans Serif, most people feel their options are still limited. The situation is even worse because Instagram doesn’t have in-built font options for your captions, comments, or bio.
Luckily, third-party developers have made the most of this opportunity and created tens of fonts. It’s almost impossible to exhaust the font options available online at the moment. All you need to do is find a suitable third-party text generator website where you can draft your texts and later copy and paste them into Instagram.
How to Customize Instagram Fonts
Font generators present one of the quickest ways to add some funky fonts to your Instagram content. In a nutshell, here’s what you need to do:
- Find your preferred text generator website.
- Enter your text and then choose custom fonts until you find what you like.
- Copy your text and paste it into your Instagram.
The following text generators are the most popular, and they’re also all free.
How to Use Different Fonts on Instagram Username
Adding a stylish username is a sure way to catch attention. Here’s how you can add a custom font to your Instagram username:
- Choose a text generator tool.
- Enter your text and pick a font.
- Hit the copy button.
- Open the Instagram app and head over to “Edit Profile.”
- Paste the text into the “Username” tab.
How to Use Different Fonts on Instagram Profile
- Visit a text generator website and enter your text.
- Choose the font you’d like to use and then hit the copy button.
- Launch the Instagram app and go over to “Edit Profile.” All you then have to do is paste the text into the different profile feeds. You can even use different fonts for each field.
How to Use Different Fonts on Instagram Comments
- Select the Instagram fonts generator tool of your choice.
- Type in your comment and pick the font style you’d like to use.
- Copy the converted comment.
- Open the Instagram app and go to the post where you’d like to paste your comment.
- Hit the paste button.
How to Use Different Fonts on Instagram Bio
Your Instagram Bio is limited to only 150 characters, which means you have to be creative without being wordy. Adding a stylish custom font is one way to achieve just that. Here’s how to do so:
- Open the text generator tool of your choice and enter a piece of text that will eventually form part of your Bio.
- Scroll through different font styles until you find the one you like.
- Select and copy your text.
- Open the Instagram app and go to the Bio section.
- Paste your text into the relevant field.
How to Use Different Fonts on Instagram Stories
When it comes to Instagram Stories, you have 9 different inbuilt fonts to choose from. Here’s how to use them:
- Create a new Story. This could mean uploading an image currently saved on your phone or sharing someone else’s post.
- Type down the text you’d like to appear alongside your Story.
- Tap on the “Aa” icon on the top right corner to launch the text box.
- Scroll through each of the available font options. To do so, toggle the text box just above the keyboard.
And that’s it! Before hitting the post button, you can resize the text or change its position on the screen as you see fit.
Alternatively, you can opt for a readymade Instagram Stories template app. These apps come with premade text that you can edit to fit your story. A good example would be Storyluxe.
How to Use Different Fonts on Instagram Posts
Changing the font on your Instagram posts is straightforward:
- Choose a text generator website or app and enter the text you’d like to use on your post.
- Browse through the different fonts and pick the one you desire. Then, hit “Copy.”
- Open the Instagram app and start drafting a new post.
- Paste your text in the description box. To do so, long-press and then tap on “Paste.”
How to Use Different Fonts on Instagram on iPhone
If you own an iPhone, you can use different fonts on Instagram in two ways:
- Download and install a font app on the App Store. Sprezz and Cool fonts are two good choices.
- Visit a text generator website, where you can type down your text, and then copy and paste it into your Instagram.
How to Use Different Fonts on Instagram on Android
As with iOS devices, custom fonts work well on Android devices too. All you have to do is find a good reputable source for your fonts. You can either use text generator websites or install font apps freely downloadable on Google Store.
How to Use a Bold Font on Instagram
The Instagram app itself doesn’t offer the use of bold letters. However, most third-party text generators and font apps come with a “Bold Letters” option. Lingo Jam is particularly popular among Instagram users with a flair for bold, italic, or cursive letters.
How to Copy and Paste Fonts for Instagram
When using a third-party text generator, copying, and pasting fonts on Instagram is extremely easy.
- Open the source of your font and type in a piece of text.
- Copy the text. If you are using a mobile device, long-press the text and then tap on “Copy.” If you are using a desktop computer, highlight the text, right-click, and then choose “Copy” in the popup menu.
- Paste the text in the relevant Instagram field. If you are using a mobile device, long-press, and then tap on “Paste.” On a desktop computer, right-click, and click on “Paste.”
What Are the Best Fonts for Instagram?
The following fonts are hugely popular:u003cbru003eu003cbru003e• Novecentou003cbru003e• Montserratu003cbru003e• Helveticau003cbru003e• Playfair Displayu003cbru003e• PT Sans
What Fonts Are Available for Instagram Stories?
Since the old days, there have been five discrete fonts:u003cbru003e• Classicu003cbru003e• Modernu003cbru003e• Neonu003cbru003e• Typewriteru003cbru003e• Strongu003cbru003eu003cbru003eFour more variants were recently added:u003cbru003eu003cbru003e• A funky Sans Serif font that bears semblance with Comic Sansu003cbru003e• Italicized Serifu003cbru003e• An all-caps fontu003cbru003e• A Serif font that’s not italicized
Stand Out From the Crowd
Using different fonts is a sure way to stay unique on Instagram. It not only makes your content stand out, but it also sends the message that you keep up with the latest tech trends. What is your favorite font for Instagram Stories?
Feel free to engage with us in the comments section below.