How to Justify Text in Canva
Are you a Canva user looking to align your texts in your designs? Canva is a handy designing app that allows you to create templates by adding pictures, elements, and stickers. It also allows you to add and edit text, giving you a high level of customization control, including options to align text to fit your different designs.
Alignment is an essential factor for visual effect. Among the most common left-alignment feature, Canva also offers the justify option. Many users prefer the justified alignment over the more common left-aligned alternative since it evens out both sides of the text and appears cleaner and more formal.
This article will talk about how to use the justify feature in your designs using Canva on different platforms. We’ll also answer some common questions about adding text and text effects.
How to Justify Text in Canva on a PC
Canva introduced the justify feature in 2019. Even though the justify feature wasn’t initially offered, Canva listened to its users and added the option. Now, instead of just having three alignment options, left-aligned, right-aligned, and center, you’ll have the fourth option when clicking on the alignment button – justified.
To justify text in Canva from your PC, the steps are:
- Open a design or add a new one by clicking on the “+” button.
- Type out the text you want or select text that was already there by highlighting it.
- Look for the alignment button in the toolbar at the top.
- Click a couple of times until your text is justified.
- Canva autosaves your changes; if you want to be sure, you can save it manually by clicking on the “Save” button.
Keep in mind that these steps might slightly vary on whether you’re using a Mac or Windows PC, but the main idea stays the same.
How to Justify Text in Canva on an iPhone
Canva is also available for mobile use. This gives you the convenience of editing and changing your designs on the go. Even though the screen is smaller, you still have to access all the features on the desktop versions, including editing text.
To justify text on a Canva design using an iPhone, the steps are:
- Open a design or create a new one by tapping on the “+” button.
- Type out the text you want to justify.
- Tap on the text to select it.
- Touch the alignment button a couple of times until your text is justified.
- The changes will be saved automatically.
How to Justify Text in Canva on an Android Device
Canva is also available for Android devices. You can download the mobile app by simply searching for it in the Google Play Store. You’ll also have all the same features that the desktop version offers. The steps to justify text in Canva using an Android device are straightforward and similar to doing so on an iPhone.
Follow these steps:
- Open an existing design or create a new one by pressing the “+” button.
- Write out the text you’d like to justify.
- Select the text by tapping on it.
- Tap on the alignment button repeatedly until your text is justified.
- The adjustments will be automatically saved.
How Can I Add Text Effects?
Text Effects can make your text pop and make it more attention-grabbing. You can choose from a variety of effects. To add an effect, follow these steps:
1. Select the text you want to change by clicking on it. The editor’s toolbar will provide text formatting choices.
2. Press “Effects” from the drop-down menu. Options will display on the editor’s side panel.
3. Choose the desired effect by clicking on it.
4. Change the effect’s strength and parameters to your liking.
5. Select “None” from the menu to remove the current effect.
Control the Appearance of Your Design
By adding the justify alignment option, Canva enabled its users to adjust their text to their design needs and liking. This can be very useful depending on the type of design you want to achieve. Having more options to edit a text in a design gives you more freedom and tools to bring a design to life. These adjustments can also make the text more eye-catching to potential viewers.
What is your preferred text alignment? How often do you use Canva? Have you ever justified your text in Canva? Let us know in the comment section below!
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.