How to Log Out of Netflix Immediately on Any TV
While new streaming services are popping up all the time, Netflix maintains its dominance on the market. The platform has an easy-to-use interface, so navigation is straightforward, even when using Netflix on your TV.
While you can stay logged into Netflix for easy access to your favorite content, you don’t want to let just anyone change your recommendations and watch list. To prevent this, you can log out of your Netflix account in no time.
Depending on which device you’re using, there are some differences in the steps you’ll need to take to log out of Netflix. That’s why we’ll show you how to log out of your account on your smart TV, Roku devices, Amazon Firestick, and the Netflix app on your smartphone.
How to Log Out of All Logged in Netflix Accounts From Your Mobile Device
Before we go through the entire process of signing out of a Netflix account on your smart TV, let’s see how that works on the mobile app. Many users watch Netflix directly on their mobile devices or screencast the content from their phones.
If you’re an iPhone user, here’s how to log out of your Netflix account:
- Open the Netflix app on your phone and select your profile.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the “Sign Out” option.
The steps are the same for the iPad Netflix app.
If you’re an Android user, follow these steps to log out of your Netflix account:
- Launch the Netflix app on your mobile device and choose your profile.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top-right corner.
- Select the “Sign Out” option.
If you have multiple Netflix accounts, you will have to repeat this process for each. Also, you can sign out of all devices simultaneously, but that option is only if you access Netflix via browser.
How to Log Out of Netflix Directly on a Roku TV
One of the best aspects of having a Netflix is that you can watch it using various platforms and devices. If you own a Roku TV, you already know how simple it is to download the Netflix app, log in with your credentials and start streaming.
However, sometimes you need to log out of your Netflix account, so it’s essential to precisely know the steps. Here’s how it works:
- Using your Roku TV remote, open the Netflix channel.
- If there is more than one, select your Netflix profile.
- Select “Get Help” from the menu on the left side of the TV screen.
- Now, select “Sign Out.”
- When prompted, confirm the action by selecting “Yes.”
These steps apply not only to Roku TV but also Roku 3, Roku 4, Roku Express, and the Roku Streaming Stick.
How to Log Out of Netflix Directly on an LG TV
If you have an LG smart TV, you can easily watch Netflix because most models have the designated app. You can even stream Netflix in Ultra HD on some LG TVs and get the best viewing experience.
Once you’re done, though, you might want to log out of your Netflix account until the next viewing. Here’s how you can do that on your LG TV:
- Open the Netflix app and select Premium Apps followed by “Settings.”
- Now, choose “Options” followed by “Netflix Deactivate.”
This is a pretty straightforward process that will sign you out of Netflix instantly. However, depending on which LG TV model you might have, there are several other ways you can log out of Netflix.
- If you see the “Netcast” option on your TV screen, select “Setup.”
- Select “Service Maintenance” followed by “Netflix Deactivate.”
- Select “OK” to confirm the selection.
Another potential log-out route you can take is the following:
- If all you see on your LG TV home menu is “Setup,” select “Network.”
- Then, select “Netflix” followed
- by “Deactivate Netflix.”
- Confirm by selecting “Yes.”
Finally, perhaps your LG TV might not have any of these options. In that case, follow these steps to log out of your Netflix account:
- Open Netflix on your TV.
- From the Home screen, select the “Get Help” option or the “Settings” icon.
- Choose the “Sign Out” option.
- Confirm the selection by choosing “Yes” on the screen.
How to Log Out of Netflix Directly on a Samsung TV
If you have a Samsung smart TV at home, singing out of your Netflix account is quick and simple. If you’re done streaming for the moment and want to sign out, here’s what you should do:
- Using your Samsung TV remote, go to Netflix Home screen.
- Click the left arrow button on your remote, which will reveal a hidden Netflix menu.
- With the down arrow button, select “Get Help.”
- Select “Sign Out” and choose “Yes” to confirm.
However, if you can’t find the “Settings” option on your Samsung TV, you can use the arrows on your remote controller to sign out of Netflix.
All you need to do is press the arrow buttons in the following sequence:
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.
If you’re successful, you will see four options on the screen – “Sign Out, Start Over, Deactivate or Reset.” Select “Sign out” and you’re done.
How to Log Out of Netflix Directly on a Firestick Connected to a TV
Many viewers rely on the Amazon firestick to get their daily dose of Netflix content. However, if you want to sign out of your Netflix account, the firestick doesn’t offer an immediate solution. Fortunately, there is a workaround approach you can take:
- Using your Amazon firestick remote controller, go to “Settings.”
- From there, select “Applications.”
- Now, select “Manage All Installed Applications.”
- Scroll down until you find and select “Netflix.”
- From the menu, select “Clear Data.”
That’s all there is to it. Amazon Firestick might not have the “Sign Out” button but clearing all data from the Netflix app will achieve the same result.
Sign Out of Netflix Whenever You Want
Nearly all modern smart TVs come with a pre-installed Netflix app. The ones that don’t, however, allow users to easily download Netflix and use it directly from their TVs. Logging in to your Netflix account on TV and other devices is simple enough but signing out might take a little more effort.
If you’re watching Netflix on your phone, the sign-out process takes a few taps on the screen. However, when logging out of LG TV, you can choose one of several options.
Samsung TV users need to find the “Settings” gear icon and take it from there. The same applies to those who stream Netflix on Roku TV. Finally, if you’re using Amazon firestick, you’ll need to clear data on the Netflix app to log out.
Which device do you use to watch Netflix? How complicated is the log-out process? Let us know in the comments section below.