How To Log Out of a Facebook Account on All Devices
It has happened to many of us at one time or another. You were checking your Facebook account on your friend’s laptop, and only after getting home did you remember that you never actually logged out. Or maybe you suspect your account has been accessed by someone else.
Whatever your situation, learning how to log out of Facebook on all devices can prove very useful for protecting your privacy. Nobody wants others going through their social media accounts.
This article will give you a step-by-step guide on logging out of Facebook on all devices, be they mobile or PC. It will even get into how you can do that remotely, saving you the trouble of going in search of the gadget you used to access your account.
Log Out of Facebook on All Devices
You no longer have to sign out of Facebook accounts on different devices manually. Facebook can identify all your currently logged-in devices, allowing you to log out of all of them simultaneously. Convenient right? You only have to follow the steps below to sign out of your logged-in sessions, all at once.
Log Out of Facebook on All Devices From Your PC
- Open the browser and go to the Facebook website.
- Click on the blue downward pointing arrow located in the top right corner.
- Select the “Settings & Privacy” option and “Settings.”
- You will land on the “General Account Settings” page. On the left-hand side, click on the tab that says “Security and Login.”
- A tab labeled “Where You’re Logged In” will be visible listing your logged-in devices. Select “See More” if you don’t see your device.
- Hovering the cursor over the location will display the last IP address to access your Facebook account on that device. Please note that this option is not available when using your Facebook mobile app.
- At the bottom right corner of the list of devices, select the “Log out of all sessions” option.
- A warning prompt will appear informing you that you are about to log out of all the accounts. Click the “Log Out” button to confirm the action.
You will then successfully be logged out of all your active Facebook sessions across all devices.
The Where-You-Are-Logged-In Feature
In “General Account Settings” is a tab labeled “Where You are Logged In.” This page is important in verifying if the open Facebook sessions on different devices were initiated by you or someone else.
Each entry on this page lists:
- The type of device connected.
- The geographical location of the device.
- The app that was used to access your Facebook account.
- The last time the device accessed your Facebook account.
This information will allow you to see if all the devices listed and their locations are familiar. If they aren’t, then it’s likely that a third party has accessed your Facebook account.
Log Out of Facebook on All Devices From Your Mobile Device
Navigating to the proper settings can be tricky if you are unfamiliar with where everything is on your Facebook mobile app. Not to worry, this guide will help you find your way.
- Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone.
- For Android, tap the three horizontal lines on the top right corner. These lines will be on the bottom right corner for iPhone users.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the “Settings & Privacy” section.
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Select the “Security” option and tap the “Security & Login” button.
- Check out the “Where you are logged in” list to see the last two devices used to access your Facebook account. You can expand the list by tapping on the “See All” icon in the top right corner.
- Tap the “Log out of all sessions” button.
- Confirm the action by tapping“Log Out.” You will be signed out of all the devices listed except the one you are currently using to access your account.
To sign out of the active account:
- Go to the menu at the top right corner (bottom right corner for iPhone) and select it.
- Scroll to the “Log Out” button at the bottom
- You will be logged out of the session.
Log Out of Facebook Messenger on All Devices
Facebook Messenger, the platform’s instant messaging app, can be a little difficult to log out of because it does not have a log-out button. We’ve got you covered, though. If you no longer want to be signed in to this chat app, we can help you navigate the ins and outs of how to disconnect. The following steps will log you out of your Facebook account from the Messenger App.
Log Out of Facebook Messenger From Your Desktop Browser
- Open the Facebook website on your browser.
- Click on the arrow located in the top right corner.
- Select the “Settings” option in the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the “Where you are logged in” section.
- A list of all the devices that Messenger is logged into will appear. Select the session that you want to log out of.
- Click on the three dots located on the right-hand side of your selection.
- Tap on the “Log Out” button.
Log Out of Facebook Messenger From Your Android Device
To log out from your Facebook Messenger app on your Android phone, follow the instructions below:
- Launch your Facebook Messenger app.
- Click on the “PROFILE” icon at the top left corner.
- Scroll down then select “Account settings”.
- Scroll through to the “Security and login” option and click on it.
- Go to the “Where you are logged in” section and click on that.
- Select the Messenger session you would like to log out of.
- Tap on the “Log Out” button that appears at the bottom.
Log Out of Facebook Messenger From Your iOS Device
The instructions below will guide you on logging out of Facebook Messenger from either your iPad or your iPhone.
- Launch your Facebook Messenger app on your device.
- Tap on the “Profile picture” at the top left corner.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- Select the “Account Setting” option.
- Go to the “Security and Login” option from the menu displayed.
- Navigate the “Where you are logged in” section.
- Tap on the Messenger session you would like to log out of, and it will disappear from the list.
Always Log Out Your Social Media Accounts
Our social media accounts hold a lot of personal information. Therefore, it would be advisable to make a habit of signing out of all active social media accounts immediately after we are done using them. That way, we will be better protected against cybercrime.
Do you find it challenging to remember to log out of your social media accounts? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.