How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook
One of the main appeals of social media is the ability to share your opinions and thoughts either to friends, or the general public. Facebook, being one of the most popular social media sites in the world, makes sharing with others easy.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make a post shareable on Facebook, or are having trouble doing so, then read on. We’ll show you everything that you need to know.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook
If you’re posting something on your Facebook wall and want others to share it, you’ll need to make sure that the actual post is shareable first. To do so, follow these steps:
- On your Facebook Home page, click on the ‘What’s on your mind?’
- Under your Facebook profile name, there’s a security button that you can click on. You can change it to:
- Public – so the post can be shared by anyone on or off of the Facebook site.
- Friends – so the post can be shared by anyone that you are friends with on Facebook.
- Friends except… – the post can be shared by any of your friends except the ones that you indicate here.
- Specific Friends – the post can only be shared by the people that you indicate here.
- Only me – this means that only you can share this post.
- Custom – this means that you can make lists of specific people that you want the post to be.
Once you’re done, click on Post to show the message on your wall. It should be shareable by those that you give permission to do so.
How to Make a Post Shareable for a Facebook Group
If you’re in a Facebook group that’s open to the public, anything you post in that group can be shared by members as long as you set the security settings as public.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook for a Private Group
If you’re in a private Facebook group, any posts you make within the group won’t be shareable outside of it. If you wish to make a post in your private Facebook Group that can be shared by others, do the following:
- Create the post on your own newsfeed / timeline and make sure that the post is sharable to the public.
- Click on the Share button on the lower right corner of your post to open the dropdown menu.
- Choose Share to Group then select the private group you’re in.
- The post should be shared to the private group. Anyone else who wants to share it outside can go to the original post and share it from there.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook After Posting
If you’ve already made a post but haven’t changed the security settings yet, don’t fret. You can still edit the security settings of older posts. To do this, follow these steps:
- On your post history, find the one that you wish to share with others.
- Click on the small icon beneath your profile name, right beside the date of the post.
- A menu of the security settings should appear. Choose the appropriate settings that you want.
- Once you’ve clicked on your choice, the change will be automatically applied to the post. People who have permission can now share the post.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook Without Making it Public
You can designate specific friends, a group, or all friends except specific people if you wish to share a post but not make it public. Do remember though that if you post a message on someone else’s wall, that person will have the ability to determine who gets to share that post.
How to Make a Facebook Post on a Page Shareable
If you wish to share posts on a particular Page, here’s what you need to do:
- From your Facebook home page, click on Pages on the top of the left menu.
- From the list choose the Page that has the post you wish to share.
- Scroll down the Page wall until you find the particular post. Click on Share on the lower right of the post to share it to others. Posts on a Page wall are all set to security level Public by default, and can’t be changed. Anyone who has access to a Page has the ability to share a post.
How to Make a Post Shareable on the Facebook App
The Facebook app shares many similarities with its web version, and has the same security settings available. To edit the security settings of your post on the mobile app, do the following:
- On your Facebook home screen tap on What’s on your mind.
- Below your profile name, tap on the security icon to change the settings. The choices are similar as to the ones given on desktop above.
- Once done, continue with your message.
- Tap on Post on the upper right corner to display the message on your wall.
How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable on Android
Facebook can be accessed on Android either by the web app or the mobile app. Refer to the instructions for each as given above.
How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable on iPhone
The Facebook mobile app isn’t platform dependent. What applies to the Android version also applies to iPhones.
How to Share a Facebook Post Outside of Facebook
If you wish to share Facebook posts outside of Facebook, do the following:
- Click on the date of the post that you wish to share.
- Copy the URL as indicated on the address box.
- Share the link outside Facebook.
Why Can’t People Share My Posts on Facebook?
You probably have security settings that don’t allow public sharing. Refer to the instructions above to change it.
How Do I Change My Sharing Settings on Facebook?
Depending on whether you’re using the web version or mobile version, refer to the instructions as given for each platform above.
How Do I Get People to Share My Facebook Post?
People tend to naturally share posts that they think are funny, witty, or thoughtful. Try to make your posts interesting so that people want to share it.
How Can You Make an Existing Post Sharable on Facebook?
Change the security settings as indicated above.
How Do I Share a Post on Facebook if There’s No Share Option?
You can’t. If a post has no share button that means the post has limited its shareability, and you can’t really work around it.u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-198707u0022 style=u0022width: 500pxu0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/how-to-make-post-shareable-on-facebook.jpgu0022 alt=u0022how to make post shareable on facebooku0022u003e
Voicing Out Ideas
Knowing how to make a post shareable on Facebook allows you to voice your opinions to the people you want to reach. Just do be careful about what you share, as once something is on the internet, it has the tendency to stay there.
Do you have opinions or thoughts on what’s been discussed? Share them in the comments section below.