How to Make a Wishlist on the App Store
Like any other shop, the Apple App Store has many great items worth checking out. However, your mobile device’s memory space doesn’t allow you to download all the interesting apps at once.
A convenient way to remember everything you wanted to purchase or download is to make a wish list on your App Store. But is that even possible? To learn the answer, keep reading this article.
The Long-Gone App Store Feature
Google Play still has it, but Apple decided to remove the wish list feature from the App Store a while ago.
Before, you were able to save apps you wanted to try later by creating a wish list. If you’ve been an iOS user for a long time, you probably remember it. It was only removed a few years ago, when iOS 11 was released. All you needed to do was tap a few times on your smartphone and add the desired app to Wishlist. You could access it any time by tapping Preview History.
Today, you’re forced to think outside the box and find other ways to keep track of the apps you want to download in the future. Other than writing them down on a piece of paper, of course. Well, we have good news is. There are a few easy methods to create an App Store wish list.
Third-Party Apps for Creating Wish Lists
This is our selection of some of the best third-party apps that allow you to create App Store wish lists. They’re user-friendly, don’t take up too much space, and have even more useful features.
The best thing about the Notes app is that you already have it. If you don’t know how to use it with the App Store to create a wish list, follow our instructions:
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Find an app that you’d like to download or buy.
- Tap on the app to open details.
- Tap the three dots you see below the app’s name.
- Choose the Share App option.
- Select Add to Notes.
- You’ll be prompted to name your Wishlist as you’re creating a new note by adding this app.
- Enter a title and save the note.
When you move to add another app, choose the same wish list, and all your apps will be saved within the same note. When you want to see the apps you’ve saved, launch Notes, and open your list. You’ll be able to see the app name, icon, and link to the app within the App Store.
Lookmark is a free third-party app you can find in the App Store. It’s an excellent replacement for the missing App Store feature as it was designed specifically for this purpose. You may want to explore it and use other features as well, but this is how to create a wish list using Lookmark:
- Download and install the Lookmark app on your iOS device.
- Go to the App Store and choose an app you’d like to save.
- Tap to open the details page.
- Select the blue bubble with three dots below the name of the app.
- Choose Share and select Lookmark from the list. If you don’t see it, tap on More first and scroll until you find Lookmark. Enable the app by switching the toggle.
- When you add an app to Lookmark, it will be confirmed with a message at the bottom of the screen.
The next time you open Lookmark, you’ll see your app wish list. You’ll be able to open the apps directly in the App Store when you’re ready to download them.
Be aware that Lookmark has an upgraded, paid version for those who’d like to explore more of what this app offers.
What you might also love about Lookmark is that you can save plenty of things with it – videos, music, books, podcasts, and more. There’s a browser extension you can add to your Mac and save items on your computer as well.
Another excellent method that doesn’t require you to download any new apps is using the Reminders app. Here’s how to create wish lists:
- Launch this app on your iOS.
- Click on Add (the plus icon) to create a new note.
- Select List from the given options.
- Enter a title for your wish list and choose a color.
- Select Done.
- Now go to the App Store and find an app you’d like to save to your wish list.
- Tap the app to open its info page.
- Select the blue bubble with three dots and choose Share.
- Select Reminders from the list of available apps.
- Choose the list you’d created and tap on Add.
Wishing Upon an App
Don’t think you need to give up on making wish lists just because you can’t do it in-house. The Wishlist feature from the App Store may be retired, but there are plenty of useful apps ready to take its place. We’ve suggested three easy ways to keep track of the apps you’d like to download or buy. Hopefully, at least one of them will work for you.
Do you have other ideas? How do you save apps from the App Store? Let us know in the comments section below.