How To Change MIUI Hidden Settings
The MIUI operating system on Xiaomi devices features many customizable options. However, it may be difficult to access them at times. Some are located deep on your phone menus while others can be reached with the help of an app.
In this article, we’ll cover the hidden settings of MIUI Xiaomi devices and how you can use them.
Playing YouTube Videos in MIUI
Xiaomi doesn’t exactly publicize the fact but it’s a well-known secret. As it turns out, you can listen to YouTube videos or YouTube Music with your screen turned off. You don’t need to have a paid subscription.
To access this setting through the Video Toolbox option, follow these steps:
- Open “Settings.”
- Navigate to and select the “Special Features” option.
- From there, find and tap the “Video Toolbox” option.
- Tap on “Manage Video Apps.”
- You’ll be able to add applications such as YouTube to the list. Select the YouTube app to do so.
It’s as simple as that. With this setting, you’ll be able to have YouTube playing in the background while browsing another app or even have your screen turned off altogether.
MIUI allows users to customize many aspects of their device’s user interface, including the status bar. You can choose the information you want to be displayed such as battery life, time, and notifications. By customizing the status bar, users can make it look and function the way they want.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Xiaomi device.
- Scroll down and select “Display.”
- Tap on “Status bar.”
- Once you’ve made your desired changes, tap the back button to save your settings.
Using this option, you can choose which icons appear in the status bar, rearrange their order, and adjust their size. Users can also select more detailed information, such as the network speed or battery percentage.
Hidden FPS Meter
If you’re interested in monitoring the frame rate of your Xiaomi device while gaming, accessing the FPS meter on MIUI is a straightforward process that can be done in a few steps.
- Open the “Settings” app on your Xiaomi device.
- Scroll down and select “About phone.”
- Tap on “All specs.”
- Locate the “MIUI version” and tap on it seven times.
- You’ll see a message saying “You are now a developer!”
- Now go back to the “Settings” app and select “Additional settings.”
- Scroll down and select “Developer options.”
- Find the “Monitoring” section and enable “Show FPS meter.”
- Once you’ve enabled the FPS meter, you’ll see it in the top left corner of your screen while playing games.
That’s all there is to it. You can now monitor your device’s frame rate while playing games on your Xiaomi device running MIUI. Keep in mind that the FPS meter will stay on your screen until you manually close it.
Hidden Camera UI
One of the many features that Xiaomi offers is the ability to change the camera app UI. However, it isn’t easily accessible from the settings menu. If you’re interested in changing it on your Xiaomi device, then simply follow the steps below:
- Open the Camera app on your device.
- Tap the three horizontal lines button and select “Settings.”
- Choose “Customize” from the list of options.
- Tap on “Camera Modes” and select “More Panel.”
- Additional camera modes and features are now accessible.
This hidden setting makes your camera interface much easier to use. You can see all your camera modes by swiping up when the app is running. Users don’t need to go through complicated settings anymore to adjust their desired camera mode.
Hidden Settings App for MIUI
Accessing other features on your MIUI device is a lot easier with an app.
Here’s how you can download an app for hidden settings on your Xiaomi device:
- Open up the Google Play store on your Xiaomi device
- In the search bar at the top of the page type in “Hidden Settings for MIUI” and tap on “Download.”
Once the download is complete, you’ll be able to launch it on your device. The interface should show you a list of hidden settings that you can now access. For example, you can get rid of unneeded apps that came pre-installed, giving you more storage. Many apps also have added customization options.
App Usage on MIUI
Perhaps you’d like to manage your apps and screen time on your Xiaomi device. But there’s no need to download an app specifically for this feature. Instead, you can simply check patterns of app usage statistics through the Hidden Settings.
- Launch the “Hidden Settings” for MIUI app.
- Select Application usage time.
Now you’ll be able to review how many hours you used every app on your phone as well as the specific time stamp when you last opened them.
Hidden Settings Advanced Search
While you have plenty of search bars on your MIUI device, there’s one that can find anything. The advanced search option is special because it locates exactly what you’re looking for through all the data on your phone. This even includes Google Assistant and third-party apps.
Here’s how to use it:
- Launch the “Hidden Settings” for the MIUI app.
- Navigate to the “Advanced Search” option.
- In the search bar, type in what you’re looking for.
The search performed on your MIUI device will be as thorough as possible, allowing you to get the best results without wasting your time with other ineffective search options.
The Hidden Marshmallow Game
You may remember the Easter Egg Marshmallow game that came with Android devices back in 2014. If you’re feeling nostalgic, you can play the game with the hidden settings app mentioned earlier. To do so, simply follow these steps:
- Open the “Hidden Settings” app.
- On the interface, navigate and tap on “Marshmallow Land.”
This will open the same game that came out all those years ago.
What are some useful hidden settings in MIUI?
Some useful hidden settings in MIUI include the ability to enable USB debugging, tweak animation speed, disable app notifications, customize the status bar, and play YouTube videos with your screen turned off.
What is MIUI?
MIUI is a custom Android ROM developed by Xiaomi. It is known for its highly customizable user interface and various hidden features.
Is it safe to access Xiaomi’s hidden settings?
It is generally safe to access Xiaomi’s hidden settings. However, you should be cautious when changing certain settings as it may cause instability or affect system performance.
Can I hide apps in MIUI?
Yes, you can hide apps in MIUI by going to “Home screen settings > Hide apps” and selecting the apps you want to hide.
Why Does Xiaomi hide these hidden settings on MIUI?
It isn’t altogether clear why these settings are hidden in the first place. The advantage of using MIUI is because of its high-level customization. That being said, many of these features are accessible within app menus and settings, they’re just not apparent on the interface for easy use.
Unleash Your MIUI’s Full Potential
There are many tricks to help you find and activate MIUI hidden settings. Many of which will prove useful as they allow you to tap into your Xiaomi device’s full customization potential. While you can get to some of them just by using the apps themselves, you can also download the MIU hidden settings app to take it a step further.
Did you find the MIUI hidden settings easy to find? Did using them make your apps more functional and take your user experience to the next level? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.