How to Download a Whole Season in Netflix
If you know you won’t have access to the internet or just want to save data, downloading TV shows from Netflix can prove to be very useful. In fact, if you want to ensure you always have something to watch while offline, you can download a whole season of your favorite TV show and have it available with one click.
If you’re not sure how to download a whole season from Netflix or didn’t know it was even possible, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll explain everything you need to know about downloading content from Netflix.
How to Download a Whole Season From Netflix on an iPad
Unfortunately, Netflix doesn’t offer the option to download a whole season at once. Instead, you need to download each episode individually. Here’s how to do it:
- If you don’t have it already, download the Netflix app from the App Store.
- Sign in to your Netflix account. If you don’t have it, register and choose a subscription plan.
- Look for the TV show you want to download by tapping the magnifying glass icon.
- Find the episode you want to download and tap the download icon.
You don’t have to wait until one download is completed to start downloading another one. Keep in mind that by default, Netflix will download episodes only when you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How to Download a Whole Season From Netflix on a PC
Downloading a whole season at one time from Netflix isn’t possible. However, you can download individual episodes. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Ensure you have the Netflix app downloaded. You can find it in the Microsoft Store.
- Log in to your account or create one.
- Search for the TV show you want to download.
- Find the episode you like and tap the download icon next to it. You can pause or cancel the download at any time by tapping the icon that appears instead of the download sign.
You can keep track of the progress of your download by looking at the progress bar at the bottom of your screen or by accessing “My Downloads.” To make the process faster, you can download multiple episodes at a time, but you’ll have to start downloading them one at a time.
How to Download a Whole Season From Netflix on the iPhone App
Netflix doesn’t allow you to download a whole season with one click. But you can always download every episode in a season individually and ensure you have something to watch while offline. You can save individual episodes by following these steps:
- If you don’t have the Netflix app, download it from the App Store.
- Sign in to your Netflix account. If you don’t have one, you can create it and select a subscription plan of your choice.
- Tap the search icon and look for the TV show with the episode you want to download.
- Once you find the TV show, search for the particular episode.
- Before playing it, tap the download icon on the right side.
- Do the same for every episode you want to download.
It’s worth mentioning Netflix will only download the episodes if you’re connected to Wi-Fi, but you can always customize the settings and use your data.
How to Download a Whole Season From Netflix on the Android App
Downloading a whole season in one go from Netflix can’t be done. For now, Netflix doesn’t offer that option. But, you can download individual episodes. Here are the instructions on how to do so:
- Download the Netflix app from the Play Store if you don’t have it.
- Log in to your account or create one and choose a subscription plan.
- Tap the search icon or go to the “TV Shows” tab to find the one you want to download.
- Select a particular episode and tap the download icon next to it.
- You can check the progress of your download by looking at the icon that appears instead of the download sign. There’s no need to wait if you want to download more than one episode; repeat the process even before the first download is completed.
By default, you need to be connected to Wi-Fi if you want to download content from Netflix.
Can I download episodes automatically?
Netflix offers the “Smart Downloads” feature. If you downloaded and watched one episode, Netflix will automatically download the following one and delete the one you’ve watched. The last episode will remain in the “Downloads” section if you’ve finished the entire TV show.
Here’s how you can enable Smart Downloads:
1. Open the Netflix app.
2. Tap “Downloads.” If you’re using Netflix on a PC, press the three lines, and then press “My Downloads.”
3. The Smart Downloads feature will show up at the top of your screen. Switch the toggle button to turn it on.
This feature works only if you’re connected to Wi-Fi and have the latest version of the app.
This option is not to be confused with the “Downloads for you” feature in the same section. If you want Netflix to download content based on your watch history, you can enable this feature. Each time you connect to a Wi-Fi network, Netflix will save content to the downloads folder.
What Is the maximum number of titles I can download?
Netflix allows you to download up to 100 titles. Keep in mind this is also limited by the amount of available storage. If you’re using the mobile app and don’t have enough storage on your phone, you can switch the download location to “SD card” by accessing the settings.
It’s important to emphasize some titles will expire after a particular time. This depends on the licenses, and it’s not something you can control. If a title expires in less than seven days, you’ll see its remaining available time in the downloads section.
Some will expire 48 hours after you first play them. In this case, you’ll also see the remaining time in the downloads section.
If a downloaded title is leaving Netflix, keep in mind that it will disappear from your folder when it becomes unavailable on the service.
Enjoy Your Favorite TV Shows Even When You’re Offline
Downloading your favorite episodes from Netflix allows you to always have something to watch. Even though you can’t download a whole season with one click, you can save individual episodes or use the Smart Downloads feature that downloads them for you. Binge-watch your favorite content even when you’re offline.
Do you often use the download option on Netflix? Do you prefer doing it on your mobile phone or your computer? Tell us in the comment section below.