How to Reroll in Genshin Impact on Android or iPhone
You started playing Genshin Impact and you’re just not getting the characters and weapons that you wanted. A part of that has to do with the game’s gacha system, and a part of it has to do with you; your luck or lack thereof when you pull Wishes.
Before you feel bad about the rest of your playthrough, you do have another option – and it doesn’t cost any money out of pocket.
Keep reading to find out how to reroll on mobile devices like iPhone and Android and, essentially, test your luck again.
How to Reroll Genshin Impact on iPhone?
A word of warning before you start making rerolling Genshin Impact a habitual thing:
Mihoyo does not hand out bans for rerolling the game. They don’t necessarily approve of players that do it, but they don’t penalize them for it.
However, if the developers notice that you haven’t played an account for a while or login in a different region, they’ll assume you sold the account, and that could result in a ban.
Now that the little Public Service Announcement (PSA) is out of the way, let’s get into the basics of rerolling. Rerolling the game happens in three steps and works for any Genshin Impact account.
Step 1 – Creating a New Email Account or Salting an Existing One
First, you’re going to need an email account to register again. Choose one of the options below to create one:
- Create a new permanent email address from an email client like Gmail, Yahoo, etc.
- Salt your existing Gmail account by sprinkling punctuation. For example, you can add periods in the user section of the address:
Permanent Gmail address – [email protected]
Salted Gmail address – [email protected]
- Use a temporary email service.
Once you have a new email account, it’s time to register (again):
- Launch Genshin Impact on your iPhone
- Select ‘’Register Now’’ for a new game account.
- Get the verification code from your email.
- Input the verification code.
- Select and confirm a new password.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
If you plan on rerolling multiple times, choose simple usernames and passwords. Otherwise, this process gets tedious after a while. When you finally roll an account you wish to keep, you can always change these details later.
Step 2 – Play the Game
There’s no way around it. You’re going to have to play the game to get to AR 5 where you can make your first Summons/Wish and obtain your introductory goodies.
There are plenty of videos online about streamlining this process, but it can still take anywhere between 15 – 40 minutes to get through all the cutscenes and tutorials. Here are some tips to get through the intro a little faster:
- Skip collecting chests and killing enemies unless it’s a required part of the tutorial.
- Do a “run by” at Waypoints, don’t stop to interact with it.
- Streamline the straightest paths towards your destination and Dash whenever possible.
Unfortunately, you can’t skip cutscenes so you’re going to have to sit through them every time you reroll.
Step 3 – Summon/Make Wishes
Once you finish the introductory tutorials and cutscene after entering the headquarters for the Knights of Favonius, it’s time for a quick detour. Doing these extra steps can help maximize the number of Wishes you can make:
- Go to the Adventurers’ Guild and speak with Kathryne.
- Pick up any introductory rewards.
- Make as many Wishes as possible with your current resources.
- Get more currency by cycling through the combat tutorials and clicking the ‘’Next’’ button.
- Go to your in-game mail tab and pick up any introductory freebies from the developers.
- Open Paimon’s Bargains shop and buy more Fates with the Stardust received from previous Wishes. You can also use Primogems to exchange for Fates.
- Make Wishes again with your existing Fates.
If you didn’t receive the team or weapons you were hoping for, you can always repeat this process. Just remember that you need a new email address every time you create a new registration.
Step 4 – Link Reroll Account (Optional)
Did you receive everything you were hoping for with this reroll? If you did, don’t forget to link the reroll account to your permanent email address.
- Press the ‘’ESC’’ key in-game to open the Settings menu.
- Go to the Account tab and link a permanent email address to this new Genshin Impact account.
- Verify the account as prompted by the game.
How to Reroll Genshin Impact on Android
Rerolling Genshin Impact on an Android device follows the same process as any device you’d play the game on, including the iPhone instructions above. If you need a refresher, this is how to get started rerolling Genshin Impact:
- Create a new email address or locate a temporary email service.
- Launch the game.
- Choose ‘’Register Now’’ to create a new game account.
- Enter the new email address and wait for the verification code that’s sent to this address.
- Enter the verification code received from the email.
- Choose a new password and confirm it.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of the game.
- Start the game.
- Play through all the cutscenes, tutorials, and introductory quests.
- After you meet with the Knights of Favonius at their headquarters, head to the Adventurers’ Guild.
- Collect new adventurer rewards from Kathryne.
- Open your in-game mail and collect introductory rewards from the developers.
- Make your first Wish pulls.
- Get more currency by selecting the Combat Knowledge icon that appears on the screen or open your menu and select the Archive tile and then Tutorials.
- Press the ‘’Next’’ button to cycle through the Tutorials.
- Go to Paimon’s Bargains shop in your menu.
- Trade Stardust for more Fates.
- Hope for the best and make more Wishes.
These steps are repeatable if you didn’t receive the characters and/or weapons you were hoping for. Keep in mind, though, that the entire reroll process can take anywhere between 15 and 45 minutes each time. So, it’s up to you to decide if you want to try your luck again or if you’ll work with what you rolled.
If you do decide to keep this reroll account, don’t forget to link it to your permanent email address:
- Press the ‘’ESC’’ key to open the Main Menu.
- Go to the Account tab and follow the prompts to link your email.
How Do I Register for Genshin Impact?
Registering for Genshin Impact is a simple process. First, install the game launcher if you haven’t already. Once you have the game installed, launch the game and select ‘’Register Now.’’ The option is located under the login boxes. Follow the prompts to register an email and password for the new account.
How Do You Play Genshin Impact?
Genshin Impact is a free-to-play (F2P) open-world RPG where you’re free to explore new locations and complete quests for rewards. This RPG game encourages players to discover the world of Teyvat with a party of up to four other playable characters.
Along the way, you’ll unlock new regions and encounter deadly enemies. You’ll also encounter numerous trials and challenges that offer greater rewards if you can defeat the enemies guarding them.
Can I Still Reroll in Genshin Impact?
Rerolling in Genshin Impact was popular before the 1.1 update wherein players received Pre-Registration and Launch Appreciation rewards. These early rewards yielded close to 60 rolls in the game.
Since then, the developers have “nerfed” or cutback on the introductory rewards for new players, going from 50+ rolls to just under 20 per completed introduction.
It is possible to still reroll in Genshin Impact. You just won’t receive as many rolls in the Wish system as previously gifted when the game first launched.
What to Reroll for in Genshin Impact?
Most players reroll for 5+ characters and weapons, but what you choose to reroll for is entirely up to you. Do you want to start the game with specific characters or just want a balanced collection?
If you’re looking for specific 5+ characters, you should know that you have less than a 1% chance of receiving them with a Wish. So, you’re going to be rerolling a lot unless luck is on your side.
Is Rerolling in Genshin Impact Worth It?
Rerolling worth depends on the individual player. Can you work with your existing party members? Or do you need to start the game with the best characters and weapons possible? You could get better characters and weapons later if you’re willing to wait, but some players choose not to.
Is Rerolling in Genshin Impact Bannable?
Rerolling the game isn’t bannable per se. The developers know that players are doing this and there’s not much they can do to stop them. They have cut back on introductory rewards to discourage players from rerolling the game, but that hasn’t stopped the activity completely.
You can, however, get a ban if Mihoyo thinks that you’re rerolling for profit. Indicators that you reroll games to sell the accounts may include things like:
• No game logins for extended periods
• Signing in to the game in a different region
These examples don’t necessarily guarantee a ban, but they do put you on Mihoyo’s radar. If you find that you were unfairly banned, you can always appeal the process.
How Long Does It Take to Reroll in Genshin Impact?
Rerolling the game can take anywhere between 15 and 45 minutes, depending on how long it takes you to get to the next objective in the introduction.
Reroll at Your Own Risk
Rerolling a Genshin Impact game doesn’t necessarily result in a permanent ban, but if your time is precious to you, you may want to reconsider this route. Some players spend weeks rerolling for the “perfect” set of beginner characters and weapons. Others, however, choose to take whatever they get and try their luck some other time. It’s up to you to decide if the effort is worth the slim chance of a payoff in the end.
Have you rerolled Genshin Impact? How many times did you reroll, and did it pay off in the end? Tell us about it in the comments section below.