How to Use Roblox Studio on Chromebook
If you’re a gamer, you’ve probably seen a number of virtual worlds so well-built you almost wish they existed in real life. And you might have imagined what you’d do if you could create your own worlds and games.
Roblox studio enables you to do just this. It’s where can you put your creativity into practice. This great building tool helps you express your innovative side and even test games before you share them with the world.
You can use Roblox studio on many devices. But what about Chromebook?
Can I Play Roblox on a Chromebook?
Yes, you can. Roblox still isn’t available for all platforms and devices, but if you have an Android device, or you use Windows, macOS, iOS or Xbox, you can download it and enjoy the game.
Downloading the Game with Google Play
If your Chromebook can access the Google Play Store, download this Lego-like virtual world in a few easy steps:
- Launch the Google Play app.
- Enter Roblox in the search field.
- Choose Roblox from the search results and tap to start downloading.
- When the download is finished, tap Open to launch the game.
When you open the app, you’ll need to sign up and create a new account to proceed.
- Enter the necessary information and tap Sign Up to create a new profile. If you already have one, just enter your username and password to log in and move on to playing the game.
- If you’re under 13 years old, you can still create an account, but you’ll have different security settings than the “adult” accounts. They will be extremely strict – your posts will go through a filter and you can only exchange messages with people from your friends list.
- Once your account is created, you’ll find yourself on the homepage and see a list of Obbies (experiences users created) that you can choose from. When you find one for yourself, simply tap on the Play button to join the server and start playing.
- When you’re ready to leave the game and try something new, tap on the icon in the top left corner of the screen and select Leave Game.
- When you leave the game, you’ll be directed to the homepage again, where you can choose another world to play in.
Downloading the Game via Browser
If for some reason you can’t access the Google Play app, don’t worry – we have a solution for you. To successfully install Roblox Studio on your Chromebook, do the following:
- Launch Chrome and open the official Roblox website.
- Log into your account – use your member ID to do it.
- Choose the Your Games option and select Edit.
- The installation of Roblox studio will start immediately – you’ll be notified about it with a pop-up window.
- Once the installation is over, the game will automatically start.
- You need to tap Confirm to complete the process and start playing Roblox.
Roblox Player Installation
Roblox Player is another version of the same game and you can also install it on your Chromebook. Here’s how.
- Launch your browser and visit the official Roblox webpage.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to open the log in window and create an account.
- When you’re finished, log out, and then log into your account again. You will use your member ID and the chosen password to do it.
- After you’ve logged in, go to the game you want to play and tap the Play button.
- You’ll be notified that the game is downloading by a message in a pop-up window.
- When the installation is done, the game will automatically launch and you can start playing after you tap one more I Confirm to finish the process.
Ready, Set, Go
More accurately – download, install, play. That’s all it takes for you to finally have the Roblox studio on your Chromebook. In a few minutes, you can forget about the real world and have fun in the virtual one.
Luckily, Chromebooks support this interesting and innovative game that not only makes the time go by faster, but also allows you to express your creativity, and maybe even find your true vocation.
Have you already played Roblox? Share your experiences in the comments section below!