How to Get Your Samsung TV Out of Store Demo Mode
The Demo or Demonstration Mode is something most electronic manufacturers use for products like TVs or mobile devices.
It’s a built-in feature that’s supposed to draw the attention of buyers shopping in retail. If you buy a Samsung TV from a store, you might end up getting the Demo Mode when you turn it on at home.
This means that you won’t be able to get any of your customization settings to stick. In this article, we’re going to show you how to get your Samsung TV out of the Store Demo Mode.
Method 1 – System Settings
When you bring your new Samsung TV home and turn it on, you might be surprised to see it’s still in Store Demo Mode.
There could be a commercial playing, or different sorts of images might be popping up. Or there could be even advertising on the side of the TV screen. The screen will probably refresh every few minutes, and you won’t be able to adjust it the way you want.
Most newer Samsung TV models have the option to go from Retail Mode to Home Mode with just a few clicks on your remote. Here’s what you need to do:
- Grab your Samsung remote and press the Home button.
- Go to Settings and then select “General”.
- From there, select “System Manager” and then “Usage Mode”.
- You might be asked to provide a PIN. The default setting is 0000.
- Now, select “Home Mode”.
That’s it. Your Samsung TV is no longer in the store Demo Mode or Retail Mode. You can process with customization without the fear that all of a sudden, the Demo Mode will start again.
These steps are the same for many Samsung Smart TVs, but some models may have a slightly different route to the same destination. If the steps above aren’t possible on your TV, you can try this:
- Press the Home button on your Samsung remote.
- Go to Settings and then select “Support”.
- Scroll all the way down and select “Use Mode”.
- Select “Home Use” and press “Done”.
If you’ve purchased a much older model and don’t have a remote that comes with the “Home” button, you can still manage to get the Samsung TV out of the store Demo Mode.
All you have to do is press the “Tools” button on the remote and then scroll down until you see the “Store Demo Off” option. Select that, and your TV will leave the demo mode just like that.
Method 2 – Use TV Keys
Did you know that you can get your TV out of the annoying Store Demo Mode using just the keys on your TV? If you have misplaced your original Samsung remote, it doesn’t mean your TV has to be stuck on demo mode. You can apply the following steps and then use a universal remote:
- Make sure that your TV is ON, and then find the Volume and Menu buttons. They’re usually in the bottom right corner.
- Now, press the Volume button once.
- When you see the Volume indicator appear, hold the Menu button for approximately 15 seconds.
- If you did everything right, the screen would display “Standard”, and that will mean that you’re out of the Demo Mode.
However, if there was a mistake in the steps, the screen will show “Store Demo”, and you might need to repeat the steps until it says “Standard”.
Method 3 – Factory Reset
If you’re having continuous issues with the Store Demo mode and your Samsung TV, it’s probably best to perform a hard Factory Reset.
This is an especially good idea if you’ve purchased your TV from the store, meaning that your TV was displayed and active for a while. This way, you might preemptively prevent issues that might pop up. Follow these steps to perform a factory reset on your Samsung TV:
- Grab your remote and navigate to your TV’s Settings.
- Next, select “General” followed by “Reset”.
- Enter the 0000 PIN (it’s the default for all Samsung TVs.)
- Click “OK”, and the process will begin automatically.
An alternative option is to go to Settings>Support>Self Diagnosis>Reset. Not all Samsung Smart TV models have the same exact settings. So, if neither of these options works on your TV, it’s best to check the user manual and find the instructions.
Enjoy the Samsung TV Home Mode
Optimizing your Samsung TV for a perfect viewing experience can be lots of fun. But that’s not going to be possible if you’re stuck in the Store Demo Mode. When you’re at an electronics store, the Demo Mode serves its purpose and draws people’s attention.
But at home, it’s a nuisance. So, you can try any of the three methods to get rid of it. Hopefully, one of them will work, and you can set up your Samsung TV.
Have you ever encountered the Samsung TV Demo Mode before? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
7 thoughts on “How to Get Your Samsung TV Out of Store Demo Mode”
Comments are closed.