How to See How Many Hours Played on PS4
Whether you want to show off how dedicated you are to a certain game to your friends, or you feel like totaling up all your playtime, you might wonder whether or not there’s a way to check how many hours you’ve logged on your PS4. While this information isn’t readily available on your console, there are ways to get it.
No matter why you need that information, let’s take a look at how you can see how many hours you’ve played on PS4.
Can You See Time Played on PS4?
Unfortunately, Sony doesn’t make time tracking easy. There isn’t a way within the system to pull a report of hours played or timestamps for logins. While you can access your public PlayStation profile online via their My PlayStation website, this only tells you what trophies you have earned, how many friends you have, and similar information.
How to See Hours Played on PS4
While you can’t do it via the console itself, it is possible to see how much time you’ve spent on your PS4 via a web browser. This can be done using the parental controls feature we’ll cover below.
For this method to work you will need to set up your own PlayStation account (even if you don’t have a PlayStation) and then click the Add Family Member to add a child account. Go through the setup process to link your accounts.
To view how many hours someone has played, you will need to visit the Family Management settings on Sony’s website.
- Visit the Family Management settings on Sony’s website.
- Once there, tap Family Management from the side menu.
- Next, you can view the Time Played under the account name.
This won’t show you exactly what the individual was doing on their PlayStation and it only shows what they’ve done today, but it is one way to see the time played.
How to Manage Your Activity Feed
You can manage what is shared in your activity feed by using the following steps:
- Go to your Sony Account and log in.
- Click on PSN Privacy Settings.
- Click on Gaming | Media.
- To change who can view your activities, trophies, friends list, what games you own, and more, click on the Edit button next to the one you want to change.
If you have any activity you don’t want anyone to see, you can remove it by following these steps:
- Start your PS4 and go to your Profile settings.
- Select Change Privacy Settings.
- Select Gaming | Media.
- Then, select Activity.
- Select the activity you want to delete.
- Select Options.
- From the Options menu, you can delete the activity so that it won’t be shared with your friends.
Sign up for the PSN Newsletter
One way to sometimes receive info on the hours you have played in total is to sign up for the monthly PlayStation Network newsletter, which will send you regular emails with personalized information and special offers. This information, sometimes, but not always, can include your gaming hours.
To sign up for the newsletter, you’ll need to do the following:
- Go to your Sony Account, and log in.
- Next, click on Notification Setting, click on the tick box, and then click on the Save button.
How Do You Check Game History on PS4?
There are a few ways to check game history on your PS4. You may want to check your game history to add up the total time played, to see what games you have, or to download another game onto your dashboard.
You can do this from the PlayStation itself, or from the PS App.
- To directly go to any game that you’ve played, go all the way to the Library tab.
- Locate the app on the far right of the system past your games, Netflix, and PS Store.
- Once in the app, you can click the Games tab or the Purchased tab. You can see when you purchased the games by clicking them.
You can add more apps to this tab at any time by clicking the PlayStation Store app. Check out our other article about the best PlayStation Apps.
Your trophy list is located on the top bar. Once clicked, you can see information on the games played, as well as their trophy information. You can see what time you got the trophies by clicking them.
- If you want to look at your PS4 save data, go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Upload to Online Storage.
- From here, select a game and press the Options button and go to information. This will show you a breakdown of your time played, and your game history.
As mentioned, you can’t see all saved data for all games, but you can at least know when you downloaded the game on your system. You can also see when your last save/auto-save was.
Time Played on PS5
With the newest console officially hitting the market, we’d be doing a disservice if we didn’t mention that the PS5 makes it much easier to see the hours played.
If you want to brag about how many hours you’ve put into your new console.
- Simply click on the Profile icon then click on Games.
- Under each game, you’ll see how many hours you’ve spent playing each game!
As if we didn’t need another reason to upgrade our consoles, this is a feature that we’ve all been waiting a very long time for.
Frequently Asked Questions
Just in case we didn’t answer all of your questions above, we do have some more answers here for you.
Can I see the exact time someone was playing?
Yes and no. You can only see the exact time someone was gaming if they earned a trophy. For example, in the screenshots under the Trophy List heading above, if you tap on one of those trophies it will give you the time and date earned.
I want to see how many hours I played a certain game. Is there a way to do that?
Some games will give you the lifetime hours or minutes you’ve played. Go directly to that game’s login and search out your time played there.
Can I add time restrictions?
Yes, under the Family Management tab (as listed above) you can set parental controls. Once the account has hit its limit, the user will get booted. You can customize these settings and add more time if you’d like.
While it’s a shame that it’s not easier to find out exactly what your statistics are directly from the source, there are other ways that you can get that information by use of apps, or end-of-year wrap-ups. After all, it’s always good to know how long you’ve spent playing your favorite games, like Final Fantasy.
If you’ve found a method for working out your PS4 game time that we’ve missed, please share it with us in the comments section below. And feel free to show off your hours. We promise we won’t judge!
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
5 thoughts on “How to See How Many Hours Played on PS4”
Anyway, under “Saved Data in System Storage” are only selections to “Upload to Online Storage”, “Copy to USB Storage Device”, and “Delete”. Nothing to view data.