How to See Recently Added Friends on Facebook
Facebook is one of the most popular social platforms. The company makes it easy to organize and sort your friends’ list and keep in touch with people. You can narrow your list to show friends you’ve recently added or who recently added you. This list will show all the new profiles you’ve added during the previous month or so, so you can keep track of your new acquaintances.
This article will show you how to see recently added friends, regardless of the device that you’re using.
Check Recently Added Friends on Your PC or Mac
Unfortunately, the Recently Added button disappeared for PC and Mac users. But, you can still see a chronological list of friends you added on Facebook. You can follow these simple instructions to see your recently added friends:
- Open your web browser. Log in to your Facebook profile.
- Click on your profile picture in the “What’s on your mind” box to access your profile page quickly.
- Click on the three-dot icon to the right.
- Click Activity Log in the dropdown menu.
- Click Connections in the menu to the left.
- Click Added Friends.
- You will now see a chronological list of the friends you’ve added on Facebook.
This will show the Facebook profiles you’ve added in the previous weeks. If you want to add this new friend to your Favorite Friends list or unfriend them, you can click on the three horizontal dots next to their name.
How to See Recently Added Friends on Mobile
Viewing your recent friends’ list on the Mobile app is much more simple on the Facebook mobile app. The instructions vary slightly depending on your OS, so we’ll cover both in the following sections.
View Recent Friends on Android – Mobile App
If you’re using an Android, all you need to do is follow these instructions:
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on your name.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘See all friends.’
- Tap ‘Recent‘ at the top.
Similar to the instructions above, if you click on the three-dot icon, you can access a feature to favorite that particular friend and unfriend them.
If no friends appear, you haven’t friended any new profiles recently. But, you can use the Activity Log as we did on a web browser to see your recently added friends. Here’s what to do:
- Navigate to your profile and tap on the three dots to the right.
- Then, tap on Activity Log.
- Tap the dropdown arrow to the right of Connections.
- Tap Added Friends.
- Now, you can see all of the friends you’ve added on Facebook in chronological order.
View Recent Friends – The iOS App
Viewing your recent friends in the iOS app is similar to the instructions above with a simple variation. If you’re an iPhone user, follow these steps:
- Click on your profile icon in the “What’s on your mind…” box.
- Click on ‘See All Friends.’
- Click on ‘Recent’ at the top.
This method will only show results if you’ve added friends very recently. But, if you want to see friends beyond those parameters, you’ll have to use the Activity Log. Here’s what to do:
- Visit your profile and tap on the three-dot icon to the right of your name.
- Tap on Activity Log.
- Tap on the down arrow to the right of Connections.
- Tap on Added Friends.
- A new page will appear that lists your friends in chronological order.
You can scroll through the list viewing the dates you added your friends.
Can You See Recently Added Friends of Your Friends?
You may use the same method to see the recently added friends of your friends. Just enter the profile that you want to check, go to the friend’s tab, and select ‘Recent friends.’
However, this depends on your friend’s privacy settings. If your friend has decided to make their friend list private, you won’t be able to see their recent friends.
Hide Your Friends List
If you make your friend list private, nobody except you will be able to see your recent friends. There’s a simple way to do this:
- Open Facebook on your web browser.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Select the Friends tab.
- Click on the three horizontal dots to the right.
- Select Edit Privacy.
- Click the button next to the ‘Who can see your friends list?’ and customize it.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section includes more answers to your questions about filtering your Facebook friends.
Can I see my oldest friends?
Yes. But, it takes a few extra steps and a bit of scrolling. When you go to your Activity Log (as shown above), you can use filters to quickly locate your oldest friends. Here’s what you can do:
1. Open your Activity Log and tap on the arrow next to Connections. Then, tap Added Friends.
2. Tap on the Filter icon in the upper right corner.
3. Tap Date in the menu that appears at the bottom of your screen.
4. Select a period of time from when you first created your Facebook account. Then tap Done in the upper right-hand corner.
5. Now you can view your oldest friends.
Facebook limits how far back you can scroll to the point you created your account. For example, if you created your account in April of 2010, Facebook won’t let you scroll any further. This helps users identify how long ago they created their account and select the appropriate dates to find their oldest friends.
Can I see my recent friend requests?
Yes! Perhaps you’d rather check your recent friend requests that you’ve sent or received. Fortunately, you can.
The easiest way to access your friend request activity is to tap See All next to a friend request in your notifications.
If you’re using a web browser you can see a View Sent Requests button to view requests you’ve sent that haven’t been accepted.
Over to You
Checking your recent friends may be useful when you want to remind yourself about people you’ve met, potential appointments, and so on. But it can also help you check unusual activities on your profile. If you don’t remember adding certain profiles or some of them seem suspicious, there’s a chance that your profile may have been hacked.
Have you ever had problems with your profile’s security? And do you prefer to hide your Friends list or to keep it public? Let us know in the comment section.