How to Become a Vampire in Sims 4
The benefits of becoming a vampire in Sims 4 are appealing. You don’t age, have fewer needs, and gain supernatural abilities, such as taking on other forms and influencing others’ minds. However, being a vampire is not only fun and games. You’ll lose the ability to go outside during the daylight without getting hurt and will have to hunt mortals.
If you’d still like to proceed with becoming a vampire in Sims 4, we’re here to help. In this guide, we’ll explain how to become a vampire naturally and using cheats. Additionally, we’ll share instructions on becoming the Master Vampire and answer common questions related to the topic.
How to Become a Vampire in Sims 4
Everyone knows that to become a vampire, you must be bitten by a vampire. Sims 4 developers believe they’re not in the place to rewrite rules that have been around for centuries. The only method of becoming a vampire available in the regular gameplay is to find a vampire and make it bite you. However, simply becoming their feeding target won’t do the trick. Instead, you need to become acquainted or even make friends. Here’s how to do that:
- Find a vampire and introduce yourself. You can visit one of the households in Forgotten Hollow.
- Ensure that the chosen vampire has the “Vampire Creation” skill.
- Talk to the vampire until your relationship level reaches Acquaintances or Friendly. This will unlock the necessary interaction.
- While talking to the vampire, select the “Ask to Turn” interaction.
- Wait for the vampire to bite your Sim’s neck.
The transformation won’t be immediate. You’ll first experience the “Strangely Hungry” moodlet, which will turn into “Disgusted by Food” after about 12 in-game hours. After another 12 in-game hours, “Disgusted by Food” will turn into “Appetite Lost” and your Sim will feel nauseated when eating.
During the transformation, a purple cloud of smoke will surround your Sim. When the transformation is about to complete, the purple smoke will turn black and raise your Sim into the air.
After another 12 in-game hour period, you’ll receive a notification indicating that your Sim is finally becoming a vampire. When the transformation is complete, your Sim will receive a “Strange Thirst” moodlet. You probably know what this means.
How to Use a Cheat to Become a Vampire in Sims 4
If searching for a vampire and building a friendship with them seems like too much hassle for you, you can become a vampire using cheats. Follow the instructions below to instantly turn into a vampire:
- Press the “Ctrl,” “Shift,” and “C” keys simultaneously to bring up the cheat input box.
- Type in “
testingcheats true” into the window and hit the “Enter” key to enable cheats.
- Bring up the cheat input box once again and type in “
traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire” to become a vampire immediately. Alternatively, type in “
stats.set_stat commodity_BecomingVampire 2160” to go through a natural vampire transition.
Congratulations, your Sim is now officially a vampire.
How to Become a Vampire Hunter in Sims 4
Some players prefer not to join the Dark Side and become vampire slayers rather than vampires. Follow the steps below to become one:
- Look up some information on vampires on your PC in the game. Reach at least level 2 of the skill and proceed with purchasing books about vampires to advance it further.
- When your Vampire Lore skill is high enough, your Sim will gain the ability to purchase garlic seeds.
- Buy some garlic seeds and plant them. You’ll need as many full planters as possible to learn to make garlic garlands and wreaths.
- When you have enough garlic, click on some in your inventory and make garlic decorations from it. Then, hang them anywhere in your home to ward off vampires.
- Keep on developing your Vampire Lore skill. Make sure that you also build up the Fitness skill, as you’ll need them to fight vampires.
- Learn Vampire Lore until you can plant wolfsbane and plasma fruit. Always keep some in your garden as you can make useful potions from these plants.
- When you reach level 15 Vampire Lore skill, craft The Ultimate Vampire Cure cocktail. It requires 10 garlic, 10 plasma fruit, and 10 wolfsbane. You’ll also need to pay 2.500 Simoleons.
- Ensure that your Fitness skill is maxed out. Then, find a vampire from the Mean category and select the “Slay Vampire” interaction. If you can’t see the interaction, you’ll have to worsen your relationship with the vampire first.
- If your Sim is strong enough, they will splash The Ultimate Vampire Cure on the vampire to turn them into a human. You can’t actually kill a vampire.
How to Become a Master Vampire in Sims 4
Becoming a Master or Grand Master Vampire takes a lot of dedication. This can’t be achieved with a few simple steps but rather requires a whole set of actions and regularity. Follow the instructions below to start building your vampire rank in Sims 4:
- After becoming a vampire, start doing the usual vampire stuff – drinking plasma and using your powers.
- Self-click and select “Dark Meditation” from the options. Do it regularly.
- Meet a friendly vampire and engage in the “Sparr” interaction. Repeat regularly.
The next step is to develop the Vampire Lore skill. Here’s how to do that:
- Head to your computer and look up “Vampire Secrets.”
- After the research, buy plasma packs and a Vampire encyclopedia book.
- There are four books in total that span 15 levels. Continue purchasing and reading books until you gain the ability to purchase plasma seeds and plasma fruit.
When you meet a vampire of a higher rank, ask them for training. This step is essential for becoming the Master Vampire.
Step by step, your vampire rank will grow. You can track the progress by clicking the book icon at the bottom of the “Needs” tab. There, you’ll see your power points organized by rank: Fledging (1-2), Minor (3), Prime (4), Master (5), and Grand Master (6). With each rank-up, you’ll need to choose new strengths and weaknesses. There are 11 weaknesses in total, where even Grand Masters have at least five of them.
If you don’t have time to study Vampire Lore, train, and fight other vampires, you can become the Master Vampire using a cheat. Follow the steps below:
- Press the “Ctrl,” “Shift,” and “C” keys simultaneously to bring up the command console.
- Type in “testingcheats true” and hit “Enter” to enable cheats.
- Press the “Ctrl,” “Shift,” and “C” keys simultaneously again and type in “
stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1058”. Then, hit “Enter.”
Optionally, you can max out the vampire rank even further and become a Grand Master Vampire by entering the “
stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1486” cheat.
In this section, we’ll answer more questions about vampires in Sims 4.
How Long Does It Take to Turn Into a Vampire in Sims 4?
The process of transforming into a vampire in the game is divided into four phases. After the bite, your Sim will start feeling “Strangely Hungry.” After about 12 in-game hours, the moodlet will change to “Disgusted by Food.” The second phase also ends in about 12 in-game hours, changing to “Appetite Lost.” During the third phase, your Sim will feel miserable and be unable to eat. Finally, after another 12 in-game hours, you’ll see a notification indicating the Sim is becoming a vampire. The final transformation lasts for another 12 in-game hours. Overall, the process takes about 48 in-game hours.
Vampire by Choice
Now that you’ve hopefully become a vampire in Sims 4, you’ll need to focus on developing your powers and maxing out your rank. Choose your strengths and weaknesses wisely, according to your goals and traits. Of course, you can also go the simple way and use cheats to max out all stats. Thankfully, the game developers don’t mind it. In fact, the official EA games site states that cheating is a major part of the game.
Which vampire powers do you find the most useful in Sims 4? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.