How to Get Rid of Fears in The Sims 4
Fears can hold your Sims back from living their best lives in The Sims 4. Whether it’s the fear of public speaking, fire, or even ghosts, these phobias can prevent them from experiencing new adventures and opportunities.
If you want to help your Sims overcome their fears, read on. This article will address this common problem and provide practical solutions. So let’s dive in and see how you can help your Sims live fearlessly.
How to Get Rid of Fears in Sims 4
In addition to standard and gained traits that you develop over time, fears are dynamic traits that show up in your Simology panel. In The Sims 4, when fears take control of daily activities, Sims feel dread in a similar way as real people do. They will obtain “Negative Moodlets” if their fears persist, which may have an adverse effect on how well they do at the workplace, in class, and in general.
Below is a list of all the fears found in the base game and ways to eliminate them.
- Fear of Death: Talk about death with a companion or give a “Death Flower” to the “Grim Reaper.”
- Fear of the Dark: Overcome this fear by going outside at night while feeling confident.
- Fear of Fire: Allowing your Sim to put out a fire will solve this issue.
- Fear of Failure: Create something of exceptional quality, use the “Show Off Work” option, or choose the “Ask For Performance Review” alternative.
- Fear of Unfulfilled Dreams: Talk about fear to another Sim with whom they have a strong relationship.
- Fear of Swimming: Go swimming while feeling confident.
- Fear of Dead-End Job: Pick the “Regain Passion” option to restore motivation before starting work.
- Fear of Crowded Places: Initiate a fun conversation in a crowded area while feeling confident.
- Fear of Being Judged: Engage with the unkind Sim, and choose the “Work out differences” option.
- Fear of Being Cheated On: Talk to your partner about your concerns or cut ties with them.
- Fear Of Ghosts: When you see a ghost, choose “Fight” from the interaction menu.
- Fear Of Cowplants: Feed the Cowplant milk while feeling confident.
Additional Methods to Get Rid of Fears
Instead of gaining new fears daily, as in The Sims 2, your Sims will gradually acquire them as they go through life. The conventional method for Sims to overcome fears is facing their worries.
Certain Sims may fear experiencing an unfulfilled existence and need to invest time into achieving their dream to tackle and overcome the fears. However, if you want to focus on other elements of the game or simply want a less demanding experience, consider these options:
“The Fear-Be-Gone” Potion
The “Fear-Be-Gone” Potion will cause your Sim’s fears to vanish immediately. For 300 points, you can purchase this drink from the “Rewards Store.” It’s important to note that the “Fear-Be-Gone” Potion is just a temporary solution and does not address the underlying causes of your Sim’s fears.
Turning Off the “Wants and Fears” System
In The Sims 4, players can turn off the “Wants and Fears” system if they want to focus on other aspects of the game. To turn off the Wants and Fears system, follow these steps:
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the main menu, then select “Options.”
- Select the “Gameplay” tab.
- Uncheck the box labeled “Show Wants & Fears.”
UI Cheats Extension Mod
The UI Cheats Extension Mod by Weerbesu is a mod that can instantly help you eliminate fears and has many other features. You can download it from Weerbesu’s Patreon Page, where you will find all the instructions for installing this mod.
Are fears permanent in The Sims 4?
No, fears in The Sims 4 are temporary characteristics that a Sim can overcome.
Is it possible to remove fears quickly in The Sims 4?
Yes, the Fear-Be-Gone Potion can quickly eliminate a Sim’s fears.
Where can I purchase the Fear-Be-Gone Potion?
The Fear-Be-Gone Potion is available in the Rewards Store for 300 points.
Fear Not, My Sims
Fears in The Sims 4 are temporary and can be overcome with the right approach. If you’re looking for a more streamlined experience, you may consider turning off the “Wants and Fears” system in the game’s options menu. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a more powerful solution, the UI Cheats Extension Mod can provide instant relief from your Sims’ fears and many other exciting features. We’ve covered a range of solutions to help your Sims live their best life without the limitations of their fears holding them back.
Are you playing with the “Wants and Fears” system turned off? What fear is giving your Sims the biggest problem? Let us know in the comments section below.