How to Change Your Cameo Picture or Friend in Snapchat
Using your face to create funny clips is one of the latest features on Snapchat. Whenever you want to express how you’re feeling on the platform, there’s no better way than to use Cameos. What’s more, you can even add your friend’s selfies to Cameos to make them laugh. It doesn’t get much better than that.
If you were wondering how to manage your Cameos on Snapchat, we’ve got you covered. This article will explain how to create, modify, and share Cameos with your friends and family.
How to Change Cameo Picture on Snapchat for Android and iPhone
Since users often want to change their Cameos, Snapchat has simplified this process. Now, you can do it whenever you like.
Once you make the selfie you like, you can save it and use it in future Cameos. When it’s time to change your Cameo, just follow these steps:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Enter one of the chats.
- Tap on a smiley face icon, choose “Cameos,” and click “More.”
- Tap on the Cameo icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Long-press the cameo you’d like to use.
- Choose “New Selfie” and take a new photo. With it, you’ll be ready to send a new Cameo in just a few seconds.
- Take the photo and tap Create my Cameo.
Now you can use your new cameo on Snapchat.
How to Change Cameo Friend on Snapchat for Android and iPhone
If you can’t have a shared photo with some of your friends, Snapchat allows you to feature friends in unforgettable two-person Cameos. Not only that, but you can also choose among dozens of backgrounds and then simply add your friend’s selfie to create something unique.
You can choose with whom you want to share your Cameos, but they have to enable you to use theirs. Here’s how the process works:
- Go to “My Profile” and tap on “Settings.”
- Find the “Who Can” and tap on “Use My Cameo Selfie.”
- You can decide whether “Everyone,” “My Friends,” or “Only Me” has access to your Cameos.
Depending on your choice, you’ll be able to feature your friends in Cameos and vice versa. But if you have blocked someone on Snapchat (or vice versa), the two of you won’t be able to create a two-person Cameo.
How to Change Text on Snapchat Cameos
Cameos can look even better if you add some text. The templates can easily incorporate text that can be moved around your Cameo and fit in its theme. If you decide to include words or lines of text in your Cameo, this is how to do it:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Enter a chat where you want to send your Cameo.
- Type text that you want to send in the Text box.
- On the right side of the Text box, you’ll see an emoji or smiley icon.
- Once you tap on it, a new menu will open. The second option will be “Cameo.”
- Every Cameo will have the text you typed, so you can choose the one you’d like to send.
- Tap on it and click “Send,” and your friend will get your Cameo with a text.
How to Delete Your Cameo
Sometimes, we can use one Cameo too often and realize that it’s time to remove it. When that happens, you may decide to delete it. Here’s how:
- Open your Snapchat app.
- Tap on your profile photo and access “Profile Page.”
- Find “Account Actions” and click on “Clear my Cameos Selfie.”
- Lastly, click on “Clear.” Now, you can take a brand-new Cameo and start sending it.
You can also hide your Cameo selfies from everyone if you’d like to get back to them later. Here’s how you can make them private:
- Open your Snapchat app.
- Find “Settings” and tap on it.
- Find the “Who Can” and tap on “Use My Cameo Selfie.” Here, you can choose “Only Me,” and nobody else will be able to access your Cameos.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have more questions about Snapchat, we’ve included more answers here!
What is a Snapchat Cameo?
A Snapchat Cameo is simply a selfie, but with a background. Essentially, you are the cameo in a scene or with your face on an object. Of course, if you have your account set to allow others to use your cameo (as explained above), your friends can add it to their Story too!
The feature is just another fun take on Snapchat’s already fantastic camera/filter lineup.
Can I stop someone from using my cameo?
Yes. But, this all depends on your privacy settings. If you’ve set your ‘Who can” settings to ‘Only Me’ then no one can use your cameo.
Of course, as explained above, you can also let only your friends use your cameo or everyone, depending on how confident you are.
Be the Star of Your Profile
Cameos are an excellent way to express yourself or bring your conversations to life. They’re similar to Bitmoji, but they use your real face to make GIF-like videos of your reactions and emotions.
Now that you know more about how Cameos work and how to share or hide them from your friends, you can use them in your communication with other Snapchat users. Have you been using Cameos before? What kind of emotion would you express with a Cameo? Would you share them with all your friends or with a select few?
Let us know in the comments section below.