How to Fix Snapchat Cameos Not Appearing in the App
Snapchat Cameos are like meme versions of movie cameos that are fun and innovative. However, sometimes they don’t show up, don’t animate, or you cannot create them. If any of these issues happen to you, there are some things you can try.
This article explains various ways to solve your Snapchat cameo problems. Try each one, and hopefully, you’ll be up and running in no time.
Checking for App-Related Issues that Cause Snapchat Cameo Problems
Before blaming your device, make sure the problem isn’t app-related. This process and solution is perhaps the most straightforward method that often solves many app-related issues.
#1: Update Your Snapchat App
The first thing you should do if cameos don’t appear, don’t animate, or you cannot create one is to update your Snapchat app. Visit the App Store (iPhone and iPad) or the Google Play Store (Android phones and tablets) to find the installed app and update it.
#2. Clear the Snapchat Cache
Clearing the Snapchat cache (data saved on your phone or tablet) also clears out many glitches, corrupt data, and messed up preferences. Above all, it fixes many Snapchat problems, including freezing cameos, lack of cameo features, and cameos not appearing. Here’s what to do.
- Launch “Snapchat” on your device.
- Tap on your “Profile icon,” then select “Settings” from the “My Profile” screen.
- Find and select the “Clear Cache” option.
- Choose “Continue” on Android devices or “Clear All” on iPhone and iPad.
#3. Uninstall Snapchat and Reinstall It
If updating the app or clearing the cache didn’t help fix your Snapchat Cameos Issue, try uninstalling Snapchat and then reinstalling it.
- Open the app drawer, press and hold on the “Snapchat app,” then slide it up to the “Uninstall” option that appears.
- Open the “Play Store” and redownload the “Snapchat app” to perform a clean install of the latest version of Snapchat.
- Start the “Settings” app.
- Choose the “General” tab.
- Select “iPhone Storage” or “iPad Storage.”
- Locate Snapchat and tap on “Delete App” next to it.
- Confirm that you want to delete the app.
- Launch the “App Store,” then find and select “Snapchat.” Reinstall it to get a clean install of the latest version.
#4. Force Stop Snapchat to Fix Cameos Not Working
Are Snapchat Cameos showing up sometimes but not other times? In this scenario, you should force close Snapchat.
Option 1 On Android:
- Open “Settings > Apps and notifications.”
- Tap on “See all ### apps” to display all apps unless Snapchat appears in the “Recently opened apps” section at the top.
- Select “Snapchat” from the app list.
- Tap on “Force stop” towards the top.
Option 2 on Android
- Long-press on the “Snapchat icon” in the “Home” screen, then release.
- Tap on the “i” icon (app info).
- In the “App Info” screen, select “Force Stop.“
- Select “OK” on the “Force stop?” confirmation popup.
For iOS Devices:
You can force shut down Snapchat on iOS as well. Here are the instructions for the latest iOS devices:
- With Snapchat running on your device, go back to your “Home” screen.
- Swipe up (from the bottom) to the middle part of your screen.
- Find “Snapchat” in the preview of the running app. Swipe up on it, and it should force stop.
If you’re on a slightly older iOS device, follow these steps instead:
- With Snapchat running in the background, open your “Home” screen menu.
- Tap the “Home” button two times and see the preview of running apps.
- Swipe up on “Snapchat” to force close it.
Checking for Device Issues that Cause Snapchat Cameo Problems
If you’ve tried fixing app-related issues and none worked, the problem may exist within your device. The first and easiest device trick for any app malfunction is to restart your device. You can use the restart or power off option.
#1. Perform a Soft or Hard Reset to Fix Cameos Not Working
The power-off method is a soft reset, assuming you turn it back on after a minute. The hard reset option would be a factory reset of your device. Only use that as a final resort, as you’ll lose all your data.
Don’t reset your device before creating a backup or transferring essential files (images, notes, downloads, etc.) over to a computer or a cloud storage service such as pCloud or Google Drive.
You should also back up your Android device (contacts, messages, photos, app settings/data, etc.) Google One is the best option, and you can configure it in its settings menu. As for iOS, you can use cloud storage for user data (saved videos, app customizations, music, downloads, documents, etc.) and iCloud for device backups (contacts, settings, preferences, messages, images, etc.)
Once everything gets backed up, you can reset your iPhone or another iOS device.
How to Hard Reset or Factory Reset an iOS Device
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Select the “General” tab.
- Then, choose “Reset.”
- Next, tap on “Reset All Settings.”
- Enter your “device password” if necessary.
- Confirm you want to reset everything to factory settings.
Your iPhone.iOS device deletes all data and reboots to factory settings, prompting you to set up the device again.
How to Hard Reset or Factory Reset an Android Device
- Launch the “Settings” app.
- Select “Additional settings” on older Android versions or choose “System” for Android 11+.
- Choose “Back up and reset” on older Android devices or select “Advanced > Reset Options” on Android 11+.
- Finally, choose “Erase all data (factory reset).” Scroll down and tap “Erase all data” or “Reset Tablet.”
- Enter your “device PIN” if prompted, then confirm that you want to erase all data and reset the device to default settings by tapping on the “Erase all data” button.
Your Android device starts deleting everything and reboots with the default screen and setup menu.
Hopefully, you can use this feature again after following our advice. Contact the official Snapchat support team if you still can’t get cameos to show up on Snapchat.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
9 thoughts on “How to Fix Snapchat Cameos Not Appearing in the App”