How to Save Videos in SnapChat
You’ve probably recorded many videos on your Snapchat account that’ll make fantastic memories. Before you share them with your other Snapchat friends, you should probably consider saving them first.
If you want to rewatch them the next time you scroll through your Snapchat Gallery, saving your favorites is a good idea so they’re easily accessible.
By the end of this short and informative guide, you’ll learn how to save your videos and some Snapchat features that everyone should know.
Saving Your Best Snap Videos
When you finish recording the best Snapchat video, it’s time to save it. The process is simple and will take you only a few seconds. Here’s what you need to do:
- Long press on the circle for recording/taking a photo.
- In the lower-left corner, press on the arrow that’s facing down.
- You’ll get a pop-up that says, “Saved!”
You must click the arrow before forwarding the videos to your friends. If you send the recording before you save it, you can count it as lost.
Saving Videos That You Receive
Just as you can save the ones you record, you can also save videos you receive from your Snapchat friends.
When you enter your chat and open the video from one of your friends, you’ll see a little arrow pointing down in the bottom right corner. Click on that, and your video will be saved in the chat.
Save in Chat vs. Save to Camera Roll
You’re not limited to just saving the video in your Snapchat Gallery or chat. You can save it in your Photo Gallery as well.
To do that, you have to:
- Enter the chat and long press on the video.
- Select “Save to Camera Roll.”
- Go to your Photo Gallery and check the Snapchat folder. You’ll find your video there.
How to Save Snapchat Videos From Memories
You’re scrolling through your countless Snapchat Memories, and you come across a video that you’d like to keep in your Photo Gallery or forward to your friends on other platforms. Besides the regular in-chat save option, Snapchat allows its users to save videos directly from Memories and export them.
Here’s how to get started:
- Launch your Snapchat app.
- Tap on the “Photo” icon on the left that to go to your Snapchat Memories.
- Scroll down to find the video that you’d like to save, and click on it.
- Long press on the video and tap on “Edit.”
- Tap on “Export.”
- Choose where you want your video to be saved: WhatsApp, TikTok, Instagram, Messages, or Download.
How to Save a Snapchat Without Notifying Anyone
By simply turning on Airplane Mode, you can save a Snapchat video without notifying anyone. This method works on Android devices and iPhones.
Here’s how to use Airplane Mode to save a Snapchat:
- Launch Snapchat and choose a Snap you want to save.
- Pull down your notification bar and turn on Airplane Mode.
- Open Snapchat again and take a screenshot.
- Go to your Photo Gallery and find the screenshot.
It’s also advised that you force stop the Snapchat app and clear your cache before after taking the screenshot. That way, when you look at the screen from your Photo Gallery, there won’t be lingering data that the app can use to send a notification.
Can someone see my Snapchat video stories?
Anyone who is your friend on Snapchat can see your video stories.
How many times can I watch a Snapchat video someone sent me?
Snapchat allows users to view a video someone sent them just once.
What’s the longest Snapchat video that you can save?
The longest video you can save on Snapchat is 60 minutes, but the app will split it into shorter 60-second segments.
Save Your Best Memories
If you’re proud of the video you’ve recorded and you want to look back at it in the future, the good news is that Snapchat allows you to save it. You can save your best Snapchat memories in your Snapchat Gallery or your device’s Photo Gallery.
You can also save Snaps without notifying someone. The longest video you can record on Snapchat is 60 minutes, but it’ll be split into 60-second videos.
Do you often save your videos on Snapchat? Or do you just send them to your friends? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.