How To Save Instagram Videos to the Gallery on an iPhone
Instagram makes it easy to download videos you posted on your Story or save videos posted by other users into your Collections. However, downloading videos you or someone else posted on their profile isn’t such a straightforward process. But this doesn’t mean that it can’t be done.
In this article, we’ll show you how to manually save Instagram videos to your gallery on your iPhone and with a third-party app. In addition, we’ll go through the process of downloading the videos you posted on your Story.
Saving your Instagram Videos to the Gallery on an iPhone
There are many reasons why you might want to download a video you or someone else posted on Instagram to your device. Perhaps you don’t have time to watch the video right now and want to do it later. Or, you want to send the video to someone who doesn’t have an Instagram account. Another reason could be that you want to save a video you accidentally deleted after posting it.
Saving a video on Instagram is a piece of cake, but the video will only be saved in your “Saved” folder. You can even organize saved videos into Collections. However, the video won’t be saved to your iPhone’s Gallery.
That said, you can save videos you posted on your Instagram Stories to your Gallery. This process is pretty straightforward. Follow the steps below to find out how it’s done:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on your profile picture in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Go to the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner.
- Proceed to “Archive” on the menu.
- Find the video that you want to save to your Gallery.
- Tap on the “More” option in the bottom-right corner.
- Choose the “Save Video” option.
Your video will be automatically saved to your camera roll. You will either be able to find it in the “Recents” folder or the “Instagram” folder in your Gallery. Keep in mind that this method only works if you want to save a Story video you posted. You can’t save someone else’s, Instagram Story.
Another option is to save an Instagram Story video before posting it. To do this, tap on the three dots in the upper-right corner and choose “Save Video.”
If you want to save a video you or someone else posted on Instagram’s Feed, there is no direct way to do this. You can’t even download videos from the Instagram web browser. But this doesn’t mean that it’s impossible. If you want to save Instagram videos to your Gallery, you’ll have to use a third-party app.
While there are many apps and platforms you can use to save an Instagram video to your iPhone Gallery, we’ll show you how to do this using TinyWow. It’s a handy website that offers a wide variety of online tools. For example, you can use TinyWow to unlock a PDF file, remove backgrounds from an image, merge two PDF files, compress image sizes, and more. You can also use TinyWow to download videos from various social media apps, like Instagram.
Even though TinyWow is a website platform, you can access it using Safari. Not only is it straightforward to use, but it’s also free. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open Instagram on your iPhone.
- Find the video you want to save, whether it’s on your home page or search page.
- Tap on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the video.
- Select the “Link” option to copy the video’s link to your clipboard.
- Go to Safari and search for TinyWow.
- Locate “Instagram Download” on the list of options.
- Paste the URL of the video in the box.
- Tap on the “Find Video” button.
- Choose the “Download” button.
- Proceed to “Save to Device.”
That’s all there is to it. The Instagram video will be automatically saved to your Gallery. This method works with videos posted by you or other Instagram users.
It’s much easier to use TinyWow on your computer, but then you’ll have to transfer the videos from your computer to your iPhone. You can always download an app from your App Store, but you’ll have to make an account. Some even come with in-app purchases. If you want to skip the hassle of having to download an app, TinyWow is a great, convenient solution.
How to Save Instagram Videos to Gallery on iPhone Manually
There is another method if you don’t want to download a third-party app to save Instagram videos to your Gallery. You can do it manually. We’ll use your iPhone’s built-in screen recording feature to do this. If you’ve never screen-recorded something on your iPhone, the process is relatively quick.
To save an Instagram video to your Gallery manually, this is what you need to do:
- Swipe your screen from the bottom to the top. The Control Center menu will appear.
- Tap on the screen recording button in the bottom-left corner of the screen. If you can’t find it, it looks like a circle with a dot inside.
When you tap on this option, your iPhone will give you three seconds before it starts screen recording.
- Open the Instagram video. Make sure the sound is on.
- When the video ends, tap on the screen recording icon at the very top of the screen.
- Choose “Stop” on the “Stop screen recording?” pop-up window.
The video will be automatically downloaded to your Gallery. Since the video captures the moment you go into the app and look for the video, you have the option to cut those parts out. You can also use the crop feature to cut the video’s white top and bottom borders. Follow the steps below to see how it’s done:
- Find the screen recording in your Photos and open it.
- Navigate to the “Edit” option in the top-right corner.
- Move the sliders to adjust when the video should start and end.
- Tap on the crop feature in the bottom-right corner.
- Crop the upper and bottom border from the video.
- Go to the “Done” button in the bottom-right corner.
It will take your phone a few seconds to save the changes. You can do this with virtually any video on Instagram or another video-sharing app.
The good news is that this method won’t reduce the quality of the video. The only part of the video you won’t be able to remove is the user’s name in the top-left corner and the three dots in the upper-right corner. You also won’t be able to edit out the mute option in the bottom-right corner.
If you want to minimize the editing part, make sure the video is ready before you start screen recording. To be more specific, open the person’s profile, find the video, and start screen recording.
Save All Your Favorite Instagram Videos
If you see a funny or interesting video on your Instagram Feed, you can save it to your Gallery for easy access. To do this, you can use a platform like TinyWow, a third-party app, or screen-record it.
Have you ever saved an Instagram video to your iPhone Gallery before? Which app or platform did you use? Did you screen-record it? Let us know in the comments section below.