How to Change your Display Name in Spellbreak
Spellbreak is one of the newest battle royale titles venturing into the expanding genre, with a significant twist compared to the more familiar titles like PUBG, Apex Legends, and Fortnite. In Spellbreak, each player controls a mage wielding powerful spells they upgrade or exchange throughout the match.
Since the title is available on PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch with full crossplay availability, players can invite friends from different platforms and get the same gameplay experience. However, it can be a bit difficult to find a name you’d like to use for a display name or locate your friends in-game.
Here’s what you need to know about changing display names in Spellbreak.
How to Change your Display Name in Spellbreak
When the game moved out of beta stages, the developer Proletariat ensured that all users were given a unique account to link the different platforms together and enable cross-platform progression. Usernames chosen during the account creation process remained the same as their name from the initial platform download. For example, users playing on the Playstation 4 kept the Playstation username as their display name and transferred it over to any new accounts.
A display name, however, is not tied to the account name. Display names are what other users will see when they encounter you in the game or pre-game menus. A display name is linked to the current platform you’re on. That means that you’ll need to change the name on the platform you’re currently playing on to see an effect.
Keep in mind that changing the display name won’t change your account’s name.
How to Change the Display Name in Spellbreak on Steam
If you’re playing the game through Steam, changing the display name means changing the Steam name you’re currently using. Steam accounts come with unlimited name changes, alongside the ability to display previous names to users. Changing a Steam name doesn’t have quite the ramifications of going through a laborious account name change process.
Here’s one of the many ways you can change your display name on Steam:
- Right-click on the Steam icon in your toolbar to open the quick menu.
- Select “Friends” to open the Friends list.
- Click the small arrow next to your name on the top.
- Select “Edit Profile Name.”
- Change your profile name as you see fit.
- Click on “Confirm,” and you’re done.
Alternatively, you can go through the main Steam menu:
- Open the Steam menu.
- Click on your current username in the top right corner.
- Select “View Profile” from the dropdown menu.
- Select “Edit Profile” on the right side of the account screen.
- In the General tab, change the textbox containing the username as you wish.
- Click on “Save” at the bottom to complete the process.
How to Change the Display Name in Spellbreak on Epic Games
If you’re playing the game through the Epic Games store, you’ll need to go to the Epic Games website to change your display name. Epic Games allows players to change their name once every two weeks. Luckily, a link to the website is located directly in the game client. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Epic Games client and click on your username in the bottom left.
- Select “Manage account” from the floating menu to open the account management webpage. Alternatively, follow this link. You may need to log in.
- In the “Account Info” tab, click on the “Edit” button next to the “Display name” textbox. The game will display a warning about changing your usernames while hovering over the button. A popup menu for name changing will appear.
- Input your desired display name in the first text box. Repeat this username for the second box.
- Check the “I understand” checkmark at the bottom of the popup.
- Click on “Confirm” to finish the name change process.
How to Change Display Name in Spellbreak on Xbox?
If you’re playing the game on Xbox, you’ve made the account using the Xbox gamertag. Unfortunately, changing this gamertag is free only once, and you’ll be charged for subsequent changes based on your region. Here’s what you need to do to change the gamertag online:
- Go to the official Microsoft link.
- Log in with your account credentials (username and password). Confirm that this is the account you’re changing the gamertag for by looking at the upper right corner to spot the current gamertag.
- Enter the gamertag you want in the textbox field.
- Select “Check availability.”
- If you receive an error message, pick a different name and check again.
- Review how the new gamertag will look on all platforms. You can use the numbers after the “#” symbol as a suffix if the selected gamertag is already used.
- When you’re happy with the gamertag you chose, select “Claim it.”
How Do I Find My Spellbreak ID?
If you want to find your Spellbreak ID so you can communicate and play with friends on different platforms, the process is relatively simple. Follow these steps:
1. Open Spellbreak.
2. Click on the three lines icon on the top right corner to bring up the game options.
3. Select “Account.”
4. Your Spellbreak ID is shown on this page.
5. You can click the copy icon to paste the ID to your clipboard and send it to your friends.
Can I Change My Spellbreak ID?
Unfortunately, there’s currently no automated way to change your Spellbreak ID. That means you’re limited to changing the display name.
You can contact Proletariat support directly with an account issue. Their support crew might be able to help you recover your account or change its details.
New Game, New Name
Spellbreak is a wonderful addition to the roster of battle royale games and is receiving a steady stream of updates to compete with the genre behemoths. Use your new display name and Spellbreak ID to connect with friends across platforms and enjoy blastic opponents with magic bolts.
What is the story behind your display name in Spellbreak? Let us know in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.