How to View Subscriptions in Steam
Steam is one of the largest and most popular digital game distribution platforms on the market. While it boasts a sizeable user base devoted to playing games, one notable aspect of Steam that puts it a mark above the competition is the Steam Workshop. The Workshop allows players to create and manage user-created content for specific games that allow user modification. The Workshop is subscription-based since your games will only add user-made content that you’re currently subscribed to. Additionally, some games have a subscription service, where your access to the game itself requires a monthly subscription.
In this article, we’ll explain how to review and manage Steam Workshop and game subscriptions.
How to View Subscriptions in Steam Workshop
Navigating the Steam Workshop is rather simple. However, finding the list of items you’re subscribed to can be a bit more challenging if you don’t know where to look. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Steam’s client on your PC or mobile, or use a browser to access Steam’s website.
- Hover over or select Community from the menu on the top, then select Workshop from the dropdown menu.
- In the Workshop screen, scroll down until you find “Your Workshop items” on the right-hand side.
- Click on “Your files” below to open a new screen.
- On the menu on the right, select “Subscribed Items.” You can choose to sort the items, either by name or date of subscription, creation, or latest update.
- You can navigate the list using the navigation arrows below and select the number of items shown on each page.
- From this page, you can access and manage your subscribed items. Options include rating the Workshop item, putting it in your favorites, or unsubscribing from it completely.
The Steam Workshop is a great way to add new content to an older game. Some games, such as Tabletop Simulator or Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, rely on modded content to unlock their potential and bring more fun to the players.
Skyrim has also pioneered paid content for the Steam Workshop, allowing users to charge for the mods they’ve spent hours developing and polishing. Other games have quickly followed suit, enabling mod creators to be compensated for their work.
How to View Subscriptions on Steam
If you’re playing a game that requires a subscription, such as Elder Scrolls Online, you’ll need to access the subscriptions through your account options. Here’s what you need to do:
- Click on your account name in the upper right corner of the Steam client or webpage.
- Select “Account details” from the dropdown menu.
- In the “Store & Purchase History” section, find “My subscriptions” on the right. If you don’t see it, you don’t have any recurring subscriptions.
- If you click on the “My subscriptions” link, you’ll get redirected to a subscription management page. You can cancel your current subscriptions from there.
Do You Pay for Steam?
Steam is a free service for users. You don’t pay for the platform or your Steam account. Steam gets money from transactions made through its platform, such as purchasing new games or subscribing to new content.
How Do You Purchase a Subscription Plan in Steam?
Purchasing a subscription plan for a Steam game is similar to buying a game. Go to the Steam store, search for the game you wish to subscribe to, then select the subscription plan you like and follow the payment process. The subscription is automatically renewed at the start of the next payment period unless you decide to cancel it beforehand.
Can I Freeze My Subscriptions on Steam?
Currently, there are no ways to freeze a subscription on a game that requires a subscription to access. What you can do is cancel the subscription, then resubscribe at a later date when you want to come back to it.
Can I Give a Subscription Plan as a Gift to a Friend?
Each subscription-based game has its own rules regarding gifting subscriptions. Elder Scrolls Online, for example, doesn’t allow Steam users to gift subscriptions to their friends. It’s also highly discouraged to share your payment information with another account, no matter how well you know the person who owns it.
How Do I View Downloaded Mods in Steam
If you’re using Workshop mods, you can access the list of mods you’re currently using by following the steps mentioned above. If the mods you’re using have come directly from the Steam store, they’re accessible through your Steam account details, under “licenses and product key activations.” Unfortunately, since most game-based mods are listed under their respective game, there is no easy way to view all mods across all games you’re currently playing.
Subscribe to Greatness
With Steam Subscriptions, you can play some of the best online games on the market, such as Elder Scrolls: Online. Alternatively, you can use the Steam Workshop to get more user-created content and bring new life into an old game. Now you know where to find and manage your subscribed items, no matter their type.
What mods are you subscribed to in the Workshop? Did you pay for any community mods? Let us know in the comment section below.