How To Transfer Crypto From Crypto.com to Coinbase
In the last few years, the cryptocurrency market has garnered a lot of interest. Buzzwords like NFTs and DeFi have made their way into the mainstream conversation. As a relatively new market, though, users are still exploring different cryptocurrency platforms and exchanges, hoping to find what best suits their needs.
If you’re looking to transfer tokens from Crypto.com to Coinbase, you have come to the right place. This guide gives step-by-step instructions on how to seamlessly accomplish the process.
How to Transfer Crypto From Crypto.com to Coinbase
Crypto.com and Coinbase share a lot of similarities as both platforms facilitate the buying, selling, and storage of cryptocurrency. Understanding how these sites work is vital when attempting to carry out transactions. However, there are a few things to bear in mind when transferring funds from one exchange to the other.
- Just like with regular bank transactions, crypto withdrawal from one platform to another will attract transaction fees.
- Crypto.com is currently working on improving its transaction infrastructure. At the moment, it can take up to two hours to process withdrawal transactions.
- Before getting started with the transfer, confirm that your token is supported on Coinbase. Trying to deposit a non-supported coin could lead to the loss of funds.
- Ensure that there are no white spaces before or after the address characters you have entered.
- Extra characters like commas tend to pop up when you scan a QR code. Ensure that you delete all of them before running the transaction.
Connect Crypto.com App to Crypto.com DeFi Wallet
In order to access the tokens you would like transferred from the Crypto.com app to Coinbase, you will first need to connect the app to your DeFi wallet. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open your Crypto.com DeFi wallet.
- From the home screen, navigate to “Connect to Crypto.com App.”
- Read through the Terms and Conditions and press “Agree” to acknowledge the disclaimers.
- Hit “Continue” to proceed to the next page.
- Input the email address for your Crypto.com account.
- Confirm the “Authorize Connection” email sent to your address by clicking “Connect.”
- Type in your Crypto.com six-digit passcode.
- Launch the Crypto.com DeFi wallet by pressing “Authorize.”
- You will receive confirmation that you have successfully linked your Crypto.com DeFi wallet to your Crypto.com app.
Once your app and DeFi wallet are connected, you can transfer funds from the wallet to make them available for the move to Coinbase. Here’s what you should do to send tokens from the Crypto.com DeFi wallet to the platform’s app:
- Open the DeFi wallet and choose the coin you would like to send.
- From the address screen displayed, select “Crypto.com App.” This option will be deactivated for tokens that are not supported.
- The token’s app address will be populated automatically.
Your coins are now available on the Crypto.com app and can be transferred to Coinbase.
Whitelist Coinbase as a Withdrawal Address
Crypto.com requires you to whitelist the address where coins are going to be deposited. This procedure adds an extra layer of security for transactions. In order to ensure that you can transfer funds from Crypto.com to Coinbase, you will first have to whitelist the latter. This is how to do so:
- From your browser, go to the Coinbase website.
- Log in to your account by typing in your credentials.
- Press the “Send/Receive” button located in the top right corner of the homepage.
- Click “Send” to view the deposit address.
- Scroll to the token you want to be deposited. Ensure that it is the same one you want to withdraw from Crypto.com.
- You will be presented with the wallet address and a QR code. Press the copy button next to the address.
- Launch the Crypto.com app on your device and hit “Transfer” at the top of the screen.
- Click “Withdraw” then “Crypto.”
- On the page that opens, press “External Wallet” and tap the “+ Add Wallet Address” button.
- Select the token you would like to withdraw and paste the wallet address you copied from Coinbase.
- Insert a name for your new address and hit “Continue.”
- Confirm the Coinbase address through the email sent to you by Crypto.com.
Coinbase has now been added to your Crypto.com whitelist and you can transfer funds to the platform. Confirm that the token information on both platforms is the same before initiating a transfer. You may lose your money if the coin details are mismatched.
Please note that you will not be able to transfer funds to the new whitelisted address for a period of 24 hours.
Transfer Tokens From Crypto.com App to Coinbase
Transferring funds from Crypto.com to Coinbase is a straightforward process. Here are the steps you need to follow once you are ready to get started:
- Open the Crypto.com app and tap on the “Transfer” button at the top of the page.
- On the pop-up window displayed, click “Withdraw.”
- Select “Crypto” from the choices offered on the next page.
- A list of options will be shown. Press “External Wallet.”
- Scroll to Coinbase from the list of whitelisted addresses.
- Enter the number of tokens you would like to withdraw and tap “Withdraw.”
- Confirm your decision by clicking “Confirm” on the next page.
The transfer process should begin in a few minutes. Please note that the duration of the transaction will depend on the type of coins involved. It could take up to two hours for the tokens to be deposited into your Coinbase account.
Transfer Tokens From Crypto.com DeFi Exchange to Coinbase
You can withdraw coins directly from the Crypto.com Exchange to your Coinbase account. To do so, you have to be at the starter level or higher, meaning that your personal information has to be verified by Crypto.com. To withdraw funds from the DeFi exchange to Coinbase, follow these steps:
- Go to the Crypto.com exchange and tap the “Log In” button.
- Type in your credentials to enter your account then navigate to the upper right-hand corner and click on “Balance.”
- Scroll to the crypto you would like to withdraw and press “Withdraw.”
- From the dropdown menu, choose the Coinbase whitelist address.
- Input the amount you would like to remove from the Crypto.com exchange.
- Hit “Review Withdrawal” and go over the transaction details. The amount you receive on Coinbase will be minus the transaction fee.
- Enter the Google Verification Code and the SMS OTP that you have received.
- Tap “Confirm Withdrawal.”
It could take up to two hours for the transfer to hit your Coinbase account.
Let’s Make That Trade
Several factors could play a role in the decision to move your funds from Crypto.com to Coinbase. This process can be accomplished seamlessly but there are some important factors to consider. It is crucial to ensure that the tokens you’re transferring are supported by the Coinbase platform. You should also check to make sure that the address for the coins you’re withdrawing from Crypto.com matches the corresponding Coinbase address.
Have you ever transferred crypto from Crypto.com to Coinbase? What method did you use? Let us know in the comments section below.