How To Turn Off Your Birthday in LinkedIn
There’s a lot of information about you on your LinkedIn profile. Aside from basic contact information and job experience, LinkedIn also lets you add your birthday to your profile. However, if you don’t want your connections or your network to see your birthday, there is a way to hide it from your profile.
In this article, we’ll talk about how you can hide your birthday on LinkedIn. Additionally, we’ll go through the process of switching off birthday notifications on your LinkedIn profile.
How To Remove Your Birthday From LinkedIn
The great thing about LinkedIn is that you can extensively manage your profile and the information you add there. When it comes to contact information, you can add a lot more than just your email. For example, you can add your phone number, address, website, instant messaging option, and birthday. However, many LinkedIn users prefer not to disclose this type of information to protect their privacy.
While LinkedIn doesn’t give you an option to remove your birthday from your profile entirely, you can hide it from your network and your connections. That way, only you will be able to see it when you go to your profile. So, this method is the next best thing to completely eliminate it.
To turn off your birthday on LinkedIn, here’s what you need to do:
- Visit LinkedIn on your preferred browser.
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Click on your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- Go to “View Profile.”
- On your profile, go to “Contact info” under your profile picture.
- Select the pen icon on the new window.
- Under the “Birthday” section, click on the “Your network” tab, which is set by default.
- Click on the “Only you” option.
- Choose “Save” in the bottom-right corner.
That’s all there is to it. Now, only you will be able to see your birthday on your LinkedIn profile. Aside from the “Only you” option, you can choose “Your connections,” “Your network,” and “All LinkedIn members.” If you choose “Your connections,” only LinkedIn members directly connected to you will be able to see your birthday. On the other hand, if you pick “Your network,” your birthday will be visible to LinkedIn members connected up to three degrees away from you.
You can also hide your birthday on the LinkedIn mobile app. Follow the steps below to see how it’s done:
- Open the LinkedIn app on your mobile phone.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Go to “View profile.”
- Navigate to the three dots next to the “Add section” tab.
- Proceed to “Contact info.”
- Tap on the pen icon in the top-right corner.
- Go to “Birthday” and select the “Your network” tab.
- Choose “Only you.”
- Tap on the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen.
How Do You Turn Off Birthday Notifications on LinkedIn
On LinkedIn, you can get all sorts of notifications regularly. You’ll be notified whenever one of your connections has expanded its network. Similarly, when someone reacts to another connection’s post, you’ll receive a notification as well. LinkedIn also tells you how many searches you’ve appeared in every week.
Among other things, LinkedIn lets you know whenever a birthday for one of your connections comes up. But if you have a few hundred connections, you might be receiving notifications like this every day. Luckily, there is a way to turn off birthday notifications on LinkedIn. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to LinkedIn and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Notifications” tab in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Navigate to “View settings” on the left side.
- Under “How you get your notifications,” choose “On LinkedIn.”
- Proceed to the “Network” option.
- Scroll down to “Birthdays in your network.”
- Toggle the “On” switch on the right side so it becomes gray.
The changes will be automatically saved. You won’t receive any more birthday notifications on LinkedIn. You can also delete, unfollow, and mute different types of notifications. However, you won’t receive all four options for all notifications. For instance, you can also use the “mute notifications” option for feed activity.
There’s an easier and much faster way to do this, right from your Notifications tab. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to LinkedIn.
- Choose the “Notifications” tab at the top of the screen.
- Find a birthday notification.
- Click on the three dots on the right side of the notification.
- Select “Turn off” on the drop-down menu.
Doing this prevents LinkedIn from sending you birthday notifications. You can use this method for any type of notification on LinkedIn. If you want to re-enable the birthday notifications, you can do so from the communications settings page.
If you want to turn off birthday notifications on the mobile app, here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the app.
- Tap on the “Notifications” tab in the bottom-right corner.
- Find a birthday notification and tap on the three dots on the far right.
- Choose the “Turn off” option to stop receiving notifications like this.
To go a step further, follow the instructions below.
- Go to “View settings.”
- Proceed to “Network.”
- Toggle the switch next to “Birthdays in your network.”
From here, you can manage your other network settings. For example, if you want to stop receiving notifications about connection anniversaries, activities from your network, or profile videos shared by your network notifications, you can turn them off here. All changes will be automatically saved.
Make Your Birthday Private on LinkedIn
While you can add various contact information to your LinkedIn profile, this platform also lets you protect your privacy by hiding your birthday. Once you do this, only you will be able to see your birthday information on your LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn also lets you manage your network notifications by turning off birthday and other notifications from your connections.
Have you ever tried to turn off your birthday information on LinkedIn? What about birthday notifications? Did you already know that you can turn off birthday notifications on LinkedIn? Let us know in the comments section below.