How to Turn Subtitles On or Off on Starz
There could be any number of reasons why you’d want to turn subtitles on and off on Starz? Maybe you’ve got non-English speaking guests at your home. Or maybe you just want to immerse yourself in the beauty of another language.
But how do you enable subtitles on Starz? In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know.
How Do You Enable or Disable Subtitles on Starz?
There are two platforms that allow you to put up subtitles on your Starz profile: Amazon Prime and Roku. Here’s how subtitles work on each streaming service respectively:
Turning Subtitles on for Amazon Prime:
This is what you need to do to watch Starz with subtitles on Amazon Prime:
- Log in to Amazon and go to its Menu.
- Select the Prime Video option in the Shop by Category section.
- Choose Prime Video once more when the next list of options appears.
- Choose the movie or show you’re looking to play when you reach the Prime Video section.
- Press Watch Now when the details of the program show up.
- While you’re watching the show or movie, go to the subtitles menu represented by a chat bubble located in the upper-right part of the screen.
- This will allow you to access a menu that displays the audio settings and the subtitles option. Choose the language you want for your subtitles.
- Press the bubble once more to make sure that you’ve turned the subtitles on. To verify this, see if there’s a checkmark beside the chosen language.
How Do You Customize Subtitles on Amazon Prime?
Once you enable subtitles on Amazon Prime, you can modify them according to your preferences. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Amazon account and go to the Menu.
- Choose Prime Video from the new section.
- Press Prime Video one more time in the new menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Click on the Subtitles option.
- Under the Subtitles menu, there’ll be a pre-set subtitle and settings that enable you to edit the captions.
- Press Edit to reach the menu for modifying the opacity, color, size of the captions, etc.
How to Turn Off Subtitles on Amazon Prime While Watching Starz
If subtitles aren’t necessary for your Starz programming, here’s how to disable them:
- As you’re watching a show or a movie, hit the Pause button.
- Strike the button with three lines on the device that’s playing the video or on the fire stick.
- Press the Subtitles option to access the Subtitle settings.
- Reach the language part (it will be pre-set on the local language).
- As you’re in the language menu, press the round button on the fire stick. This will give you access to all available languages.
- Choose the “off” option on the list.
- Continue to watch your video.
How Can I Enable or Disable Subtitles on Roku While Tuned in to Starz?
Roku is another platform that lets you control subtitles on Starz. Here’s how you can turn the feature on or off:
- Hit “Home” on the remote.
- In the left part of the screen, navigate to the Settings menu with your arrows. After that, hit your right arrow.
- Go to the “Accessibility” feature and select it with your right arrow.
- Select “Captions mode” using your right arrow.
- This will enable you to disable Closed Captions. In addition, you can choose to have them on-screen only while replays are running. If you turn this feature on, captions will appear only when you press “Replay” on the remote.
After you’ve stated all your language preferences, Roku will save them for all your devices. If you encounter any issues while watching subtitled videos or customizing your subtitles, reset the device to its factory settings or empty the cache.
What Non-English Content Can You Access on Starz via Subtitles?
Another convenience of subtitles is the ability to understand the storylines of foreign movies and TV shows. In particular, Starz has tons of Spanish content in the network including hugely popular entries such as “Pain and Glory”, “The Pier”, “La Zona”, “Piedras”, etc.
Starz also features telenovelas and kids’ series including “Exploradores de la Historia”. If you’re looking to add some entertainment for a bit older audience, entries such as “Horacio y los Plasticines,” are there to cater to their interests.
Additionally, you can check out Encore Espanol, Starz Entertainment’s Spanish station. It broadcasts non-stop Spanish content which you can now enjoy if you enable subtitles.
Subtitles Give Starz a New Flair
With subtitles enabled on your Starz programming, you’ll get a full-on watching experience. You’ll be able to focus solely on the entertaining plots of your favorite TV shows and movies. The language barrier will be out of the picture, and incomprehensible audio won’t be an issue.
Have you tried watching Starz with subtitles? What platform did you use? Did you have any problems setting them up? Let us know in the comments section below.