How to Use a VPN With Mobile Legends
As a Mobile Legends player, you know that this top-rated game designed for Android and iOS is not without issues. Slow connects, difficulties in matchmaking, and security issues are a few of the downfalls experienced by users.
If you are looking for a way around these problems, you’re in the right place. This article provides the steps for using a VPN on Android and iPhone when playing Mobile Legends, a simple solution to these common user frustrations.
Why You Should Use a VPN for Mobile Legends?
There are many benefits to using a VPN when playing Mobile Legends.
While most gamers use a VPN to prevent lag, in Mobile Legends, many players use a VPN to achieve the opposite. Servers that experience large lag spikes leave that server’s native players’ games frozen. By logging on to an overloaded server like this, you can sweep in and kill your opponents, placing you ahead in the game. While it is considered cheating, that view doesn’t stop the many Mobile Legends players from using this tactic.
If you’re not looking to cheat, the improved speeds that come with using a VPN mean less lag and less chance of your player being killed or missing out on a good match.
Another reason to use a VPN with Mobile Legends is matchmaking. Using a VPN allows you to connect to opponents on your level from across the globe.
Bandwidth throttling is a practice many internet service providers utilize. Unfortunately, it often slows down your gaming speeds and can lead to a poor gaming experience.
Using a VPN when playing a game such as Mobile Legends prevents this from happening. The VPN hides the content or the gaming site you visit from your internet service provider (ISP). If your ISP can’t see what you are doing, they won’t throttle your bandwidth, leaving you with unhindered gaming speeds.
And lastly, a VPN will help you with security issues too. Whether there are government restrictions on the game or you want to protect your data from cyber thieves, using a VPN is a great way to do so.
How to Activate a VPN on Your iPhone for Mobile Legends
Using a VPN on your mobile device is relatively straightforward. There is a range of VPN providers, but since ExpressVPN is the fastest available, we will use them in our instructions. Here are the steps to follow to activate a VPN on your iPhone for Mobile Legends:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN
- From the AppStore, download ExpressVPN.
- Once downloaded, you’ll need to create an account with ExpressVPN and sign in. Note that you will need a monthly subscription to use the service.
- Once you have signed in, read the privacy agreement. Then, to proceed, click the “Agree and Continue” button.
- Tap “Continue” to set up your VPN.
- ExpressVPN will open a pop-up message asking to add VPN configurations. Tap “Allow.”
- On the next page, enter your passcode to continue.
- Choose your preferences for your ExpressVPN notifications and then press on “OK.”
- A new page will ask if you want to help improve ExpressVPN; select either “OK” or “No, Thanks.” You can always change this setting later.
Your VPN is now set up. Now you’ll need to set your location to activate the VPN before logging on to Mobile Legends. These are the steps you will need to follow:
- Launch ExpressVPN on your iPhone.
- On the “Home” screen that opens, press the icon with the three dots next to the “Smart Location” bar. The different locations available will appear in a drop-down menu.
- Select the location that suits your needs by tapping on the “All Locations” tab.
- From here, select the continent, the country, and the state in which you want to set your location. The “Home” screen should reappear automatically once you have made your selection.
- Tap on the large “Connect” button on the screen. When connected, the ring around the button turns green. The location of your IP address is now set to the location you have chosen. Your VPN is activated.
- Launch Mobile Legends on your iPhone. You will now be connected to the server of your new location.
How to Activate a VPN on Your Android for Mobile Legends
Applying and activating a VPN on your Android device so that you can have a better gaming experience is simple; here is how to go about it:
- Sign up for an ExpressVPN account
- Make your way to the Google Play Store, and search for ExpressVPN. Download and install it.
- Once you have installed the app, create an account and sign in.
- The following page will ask if you want to help improve ExpressVPN, choose “OK” or “No, Thanks.” You can always change this setting at a later stage.
- To set up your VPN, tap “OK.”
- A pop-up will ask your permission to approve ExpressVPN’s connection request. Tap “OK.”
Note that the app is only compatible with Android 5.0 and is free to download. However, to use the VPN for more than a month, you need to sign up for a monthly subscription.
The VPN on your Android device is now set up.
Now that your VPN is installed and set up, you need to select your new location and activate your VPN before logging in to Mobile Legends. These instructions will guide you:
- Launch ExpressVPN.
- Tap on the icon with three horizontal dots.
- In the “Locations” menu, click on the “All Locations” tab at the top of the screen.
- Choose your continent, country, and then state. After making your selection, the app will navigate back to the “Home” screen.
- If it has not automatically started connecting, tap the “Connect” button. When connected, the ring around the button will turn green and read “Connected.”
- Launch the Mobile Legends app.
Will Using a VPN Cause a Lag When I Play?
No. Using a VPN allows you to connect to a server that is not overpopulated, allowing for less lag, quicker reaction time, and faster matchmaking. The only time you may see lag is if you log on to an overcrowded server. However, in this instance, the native users of this server will experience the latency, not you.
Can I Get Banned for Using a VPN?
In the case of most games, using a VPN can get you kicked off and possibly banned from the platform. However, the maker of Mobile Legends, Moonton, is far more lenient with this. The reason being that many countries have banned the game, and allowing players to connect with a VPN allows the company to keep the game’s popularity and the number of players from dwindling.
Downloading and activating a VPN on your Android or iOS device is relatively straightforward once you know how. Using this tool can elevate your gaming experience when playing Mobile Legends by eliminating latency, improving security, and allowing for snappy matchmaking. Follow the easy steps in this guide a few times, and you will be leveling up like a pro.
Have you played Mobile Legends on your iPhone or Android device by activating a VPN? Did you use a process similar to those shown in this guide? Let us know in the comments section below.