How to Add a Background in CapCut
If you use social networking services like TikTok a lot, you might want to know how to add background to your videos. Enter Capcut. With this great video editing app, you can get creative with your videos by adding or removing background, adding background music or a green screen background.
In this article, you’ll learn everything you need to know about adding a background to Capcut.
How to Add a Background Photo in Capcut
After recording a video, you may want to add a suitable background. Fortunately, Capcut makes it easy to add any background photo of your choice. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Capcut app on your phone. Click on the “New Project” icon in the center of the screen.
- Choose from the images that display at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the “Overlay” icon to upload a photo for editing.
- Once it opens, select any photo with a green screen background from your phone’s gallery.
- Click on the “Add” tab.
- Select the “Chroma key” option at the bottom of the screen.
- From the options displayed, tap on “Color picker.”
- Choose a green color background for the photo.
- Click on “Intensity” and “Shadow” to give the background a realistic look.
- Click on “Save” to finish editing using the “Chroma key” option.
Now your photo should have the desired background ready to download.
How to Change the Background Photo in Capcut
If you don’t like the background of a video after recording it, you can change it before uploading it. Simply follow these steps:
- Launch the Capcut application on your phone. Tap on the “New Project” icon in the center of the screen.
- Choose the background photo you want to insert from the photos in your gallery.
- Select “Overlay” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on “Add Overlay.”
- Choose the photo you want to remove the background from.
- Select “Add.”
- Tap on “Remove Background” from the options displayed.
- Wait for a few seconds for the removal process to complete.
- Click on “Save.”
- Preview your new background and download it to your phone.
How to Add Background Music in Capcut
You can also add various genres of background music to your video in Capcut. Note that Capcut music is copyright free. Here’s is how to upload background music from the Capcut music gallery:
- Open the Capcut app on your phone.
- Tap on the “Add New Project” feature.
- Choose the video you want to add the background music to from the options.
- Go to the “Audio” menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on “Sounds.”
- Choose from the category of music displayed on the app.
- Choose any music from the category.
- Tap on “Download.”
- Once the music is downloaded, you’ll find a “+” sign beside it. Tap on it to add it to the video.
It will automatically be used as the video background sound. Alternatively, you can add music from your device on the app by following these steps:
- Ensure the music is already on the music app on your phone.
- Go to the “Audio” menu.
- Select “Sounds.”
- Choose “Select from Device.”
- Select from the music displayed and click on the “+” next.
The music will be uploaded to Capcut immediately.
How to Add a Green Screen Background in Capcut
The “Green Screen” feature on Capcut is used to remove the background of a video and replace it with another one. There are two ways to use it on Capcut:
- The Chroma Key
- Background Remover
Both methods are quick and easy.
Add Green Screen Background in Capcut Using the Chroma Key
Before using this method, ensure you already have the green screen overlay in your gallery. If you don’t, you can quickly download a green screen from Pixabay or Pexels. Once it’s ready, follow these steps to add the Background in Capcut:
- Click on “New Project” on the app to add your “Green Screen” background to Capcut.
- Select the video clip you want to use as a background (you can choose multiple videos as background) and choose “Overlay’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on “Add Overlay” and choose the green screen to use with the background.
- Click on the green screen video.
- Tap on the “Chrome key” at the bottom of the screen and choose the color you want to remove from the color choices displayed.
- Click on “Intensity” to find a slider at the bottom of the screen.
- Drag and drop the slider until the selected color fades out.
- Click on “Shadow” to decrease or increase the lighting (if it’s different from the subject’s lighting).
- If you’re satisfied with the outcome, click on the “Check Mark” at the bottom right of the screen to save the changes you made.
Add Green Screen Background in Capcut Using the Background Remover
This is an alternative method for adding the green screen background in Capcut. You can use it to remove unwanted background and add another one. Here are the steps:
- Tap on the “ New Project” feature and select “Video Clips.”
- Click on “Add” and select “Overlay” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on “Add Overlay.”
- Choose the green screen video and click “Add.”
- Select the green screen video.
- Click on the “Chroma key” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the green color or any color you want to remove from the color picker.
- When done, click on “Check” icon to save the changes made.
You can now export your video.
Add Any Background You Want Using Capcut
Capcut is a great video editing app that can help enhance your latest TikTok offerings. If you follow the instructions outlined in this article, you can upload trendy videos that get more views, likes, and shares on social media.
Have you ever tried to edit videos using Capcut? If so, did you use any of the methods outlined in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.