How to Add Facebook Icon to Desktop
If you’re looking for ways to make your communications simpler, you might want to find a fastest way to enter your Facebook account. Sure, you could bookmark Facebook on your browser, but that’s not the best solution.
In this article, we’ll show you how to add a Facebook icon to your Desktop so you can open it with only one click.
How to Add Facebook to Desktop on Windows
Before we start, we have to explain that adding the Facebook icon means creating a shortcut on your Desktop. In fact, there are two parts: adding the shortcut and adding the Facebook logo. The process is similar for all Windows desktop devices. However, if you have one of the older models, it may not be compatible with your device.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Right-click on your Desktop.
- When the menu opens, click on New.
- Click on Shortcut.
- A new field will open, and you have to enter the location.
- Type http://www.facebook.com
- Click Next.
- Enter the name of your shortcut (Type “Facebook”).
- Click Finish.
You’ve now added a shortcut to your Desktop, and can open Facebook with only one click. However, as you can see, the shortcut doesn’t have a Facebook icon. Instead, it has the generic symbol of your browser. Not a problem. We’ve got you covered. We’ll now show you how to change it in a couple of seconds!
How to Change the Icon
Did you know that there are many websites where you can find icons of your favorite apps? What’s more, they offer various Facebook icons. All you have to do is choose the one you like the best. For example, if you don’t like the icon Facebook is currently using, you can select an older version. Moreover, you can opt for more creative, artistic designs.
Don’t worry, these websites are legal, as long as you use the icon for your personal purposes.
We used Icon Finder, and we’ll show you how you can do it as well:
- Go to www.iconfinder.com
- On the home page, you’ll see the search bar.
- Type “Facebook” and click on Search.
- If you want to find free icons, select “Free” at the top of the screen.
- Choose the Facebook icon you like.
- Click on the ICO sign to download it.
- When you’ve saved the icon, go to your Desktop.
- Right-click on the Facebook shortcut you’ve created.
- Select Properties.
- Open the Web Document tab.
- Click on Change icon.
- Click on Browse.
- Find the icon you’ve saved and click Open.
- To save the changes, click on Apply.
There you have it! This is one of the best ways to customize your Facebook icon.
As you’ve noted, the website offers plenty of high-quality icons for free. However, if you need more than that, you can purchase a membership and unlock even more options. The best thing about membership is that you can download premium icon sets and customize your Desktop.
Moreover, you can also download icons designed by famous digital artists.
How to Add Facebook Icon on Mac
When you download the Facebook app to your Mac, its icon should automatically appear on your Desktop. However, this sometimes doesn’t happen, especially if you already have a lot of apps on your Desktop.
Don’t worry as there’s an easy way to add a Facebook icon. All you have to do is create a shortcut, and it’ll bring the Facebook icon to your Desktop. Here’s how:
- Click on the Finder in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- The Finder will now show you all your apps and folders.
- Right-click on the Facebook app.
- Click on “Make Alias”.
- The Finder will now create a copy of the Facebook app.
- Drag the Facebook icon you’ve just created to your Desktop.
That’s it! You can now enter the Facebook with only one click. Of course, you can do this with any other app, as well. If you haven’t already, we suggest you drag the Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, or some other app you may be using for chatting with your friends.
Make Things Easier
We love shortcuts because they make our life easier. When we’re busy, even saving a couple of seconds can mean a lot. Especially when it comes to things we do daily, such as checking our social media. We hope we inspired you not only to add a Facebook icon but to organize your Desktop as well.
What shortcuts do you have on your Desktop? Which one do you find the most useful? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
Comments are closed.