How To Add a Facebook Page in HootSuite
You’ve just finished setting up your Facebook page. However, you’ve realized that managing a Facebook page isn’t as simple as you had thought. Well, perhaps it’s time to add Hootsuite into the mix.
In this article, you’ll learn how to add a Facebook page to your Hootsuite account so that managing it can become a little less taxing.
How to Add a Facebook Page Using Your PC
Before connecting your Facebook page to Hootsuite, ensure that you have an admin or editor role for the page. By default, you will have the admin role if you’re the creator of the Facebook page in question. But if you’re not, be sure to check what your position is on the Facebook page. Here’s how:
- On your Facebook dashboard, click the menu icon on the navbar.
- Select “Pages.”
- Choose the Facebook page whose role you’d like to edit or view.
- Navigate to the bottom and select “Settings” from the sidebar menu on the left.
- Select “Page roles.”
- View or edit your role on the page under “Existing page roles.”
If you’ve not created an account with Hootsuite yet, then you can easily add your Facebook page upon account creation. To begin, go to Hootsuite and create a free account. Key in your account credentials as you would with any other app and proceed. You should see a prompt requesting to connect at least two apps to continue on the account setup page.
Go ahead and do the following:
- Select the Facebook widget to continue.
- Accept the permission requests to authenticate Hootsuite to your Facebook account.
- If you have any pages under your Facebook account, you should see a prompt from Hootsuite asking you to connect them.
- Click on “Add.”
- Allow the page some time for the changes to take effect. You should now see that your Facebook page is connected to Hootsuite.
Note that if this is your first time interacting with Hootsuite, you might be prompted to add another social network account to complete the setup process. Just do so to proceed.
The steps above are for absolute beginners who are interacting with Hootsuite for the first time. However, if you’ve used Hootsuite for a while and now need to add your Facebook account page, the following steps are for you. Adding a Facebook account to your Hootsuite is a relatively easy task. Here’s is how to do it if you’re on your computer:
- On your Hootsuite dashboard, go to “My Profile” and “Manage account and teams.”
- If you’re on a free version, click on “+ Private account.” However, if you’re on a paid version, click on “Manage” then “Add a social network.”
- Click on the Facebook widget.
- Complete the authentication process using your Facebook login credentials.
- Click on the “Add” button to add the Facebook page to your Hootsuite dashboard.
- You should now see an alert confirming that your Facebook page is connected to your Hootsuite account.
You now have your Facebook page connected to your Hootsuite and can now unlock the features of this sophisticated social media management tool.
How to Add a Facebook Page to Hootsuite Using a Mobile Phone
Hootsuite also comes as a mobile-based application. The app is intuitive, making your social media management tasks even easier.
Most importantly, adding a Facebook page to Hootsuite on a mobile phone isn’t different from a PC, except for the slight modifications with mobile-first applications. For that reason, expect a few tweaks in the interface.
Here’s how to add a Facebook page to Hootsuite using a mobile phone:
- Launch the Hootsuite mobile app.
- At the top right corner of the screen, tap on the user avatar.
- Tap on “Social accounts.”
- Select the plus icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to “Facebook.”
- Complete the authentication process if you’re not logged into your Facebook account yet.
- Click on the “Add” button beside the Facebook account you’d like to add to your Hootsuite dashboard.
- If the process is successful, you should see a checkmark beside the Facebook page you just added to Hootsuite.
How to Remove a Facebook Page From Your Hootsuite Dashboard
You might have many reasons for wanting to remove your Facebook page from your Hootsuite dashboard. It might be that your social media strategy has changed, or maybe you don’t think Hootsuite is the perfect match for you anymore.
Regardless of the reason, if you ever change your mind about having your Facebook page connected to your Hootsuite account, you can remove it. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to your Hootsuite dashboard.
- You should see the list of the Facebook accounts you have connected to the platform at the bottom of the window.
- Click the gear icon beside the Facebook page you’d like to remove from your Hootsuite dashboard.
- Select “Remove from Hootsuite.”
- An alert should pop up asking you to confirm the action you’re about to take. Click on “Delete” to complete the deletion request.
Can I have more than one Facebook page connected to my Hootsuite dashboard?
Yes, Hootsuite allows multiple Facebook pages connected to your account. However, If you’re on the free version, you’re limited to only two social accounts.
Can I add my personal Facebook profile to Hootsuite?
Yes, you can add your personal Facebook profile to your Hootsuite dashboard. However, you can only access it in read-only mode. This means that you can’t publish to it through your Hootsuite account.
Why is Hootsuite not posting to my Facebook Page?
If your Hootsuite isn’t posting to your Facebook Page, it’s most likely an issue with permissions on publishing of the page. You can fix it by double-checking that you have the page’s admin or editor privileges, using the steps mentioned above. Also, ensure you’re using two-factor authentication as Facebook requires some level of security to integrate with other third-party apps.
Alternatively, your Facebook Business integration might be the culprit. To rule out this, go to Facebook Business Tools and select “view and edit” to double-check that Hootsuite is indeed allowed to post to your page. If it is not, be sure to turn on different functionalities that are listed.
Can I add a Facebook group to my Hootsuite dashboard?
Yes, you can add a Facebook group to your Hootsuite dashboard and manage it from the same place as other social accounts.
Streamline Your Facebook Management With Hootsuite
Now that you’ve connected your Facebook page to your Hootsuite, it’s time to explore the deeper roots of automated and seamless social media management. Although the platform isn’t free to use, it’s excellent at what it does. Just remember that you need to have admin or editor permissions for the Facebook Pages to utilize this time-saving integration. Having the right permissions before you add Pages can help ensure a seamless experience.
Have you tried connecting your Facebook page to your Hootsuite dashboard? What are some significant improvements you’ve experienced in terms of its management? Please share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.