How To Add Music to Your Snaps or Stories in Snapchat
One of the coolest features to come to Instagram Stories is the inclusion of music stickers, allowing you to attach snippets of your favorite songs to your story with just a few quick steps.
Snapchat has recently added a similar feature and with a bit of creativity, you can add songs to your snaps and even link to Spotify to share the music you love with your friends. Here’s how to do it:
Adding Music To Your Snapchat Photos and Videos
- Open Snapchat and navigate to the camera screen.
- Tap on the “Music Sticker” (music note) on the far right of the screen.
- A drop down menu will appear with options for genres and recommended songs. Select one or search your song of choice.
- You will now have a slider above the record button that allows you to select what portion of the song you would like to include in your Snap.
- Take a photo or record video and the song will play while you do so. After finishing, there will be a small sticker with the artist and song name that can be re positioned wherever you want.
This method can also be used with Snaps that have already been recorded, so don’t fret if you forgot to add the music beforehand. Simply follow the same steps as above to add music to a Snap that has already been recorded.
Sharing Songs With Spotify
Maybe you just want to share music, and not add any of your own personal content. Snapchat and Spotify have made this process very easy. Simply follow these steps:
- Launch Spotify on your phone and select the song you’re listening to.
- Tap the three vertical lines in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select “Share.”
- Tap on “Snapchat” and your song will appear with the album cover.
- You can proceed from here to posting just as you would with any other Snap.
Aside from the fact that music is a great way to express yourself or introduce a friend to something you love, you can add stickers, text, and other features to your Spotify Snap before sharing.
Background music will make your Snaps cooler and give a whole new dimension to your one-on-one and group chats. Use the methods described in this article to add a soundtrack to your snaps like a pro. If you’re interested in learning about more Snapchat tips and tricks, check out our article on 5 Extremely Useful Snapchat Tips And Tricks.
Do you have any experience or questions related to adding to music to your Snaps? Are you excited about the new update for adding music to your Snaps? Let us know in the comment section below.