How To Add a Promotion to LinkedIn
Congratulations! You’ve been working hard, and it’s paid off. Your employer has recognized your efforts by giving you a promotion. Now it’s time to add it to your resume and, more importantly, update your LinkedIn profile.
Fortunately, LinkedIn makes updating your profile quick and easy and only requires a few straightforward steps. In this article, we’ll discuss how to add a promotion to your LinkedIn profile on a PC, Mac, and mobile device.
Adding a Promotion to LinkedIn
It’s important to keep your LinkedIn profile current. Not only does it highlight your skills in the marketplace, but it could trigger an offer for your dream job from a different employer. Either way, your LinkedIn profile should always be kept up to date. To learn how to add a promotion to your LinkedIn profile, follow the steps below:
On a PC or Mac
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Locate and click on the “Me” icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “View Profile.”
- Find the job you’d like to add the promotion.
- Place your cursor over the “Pencil” icon to the right of this job and click.
- In the pop-up window, change the name of your title in the first window.
- If you’d like your LinkedIn connections to be notified about your promotion, you can toggle the “Notify Network” button to the “on” position.
- Click the blue “Save” button to update your profile.
On a Mobile Device
- Log in to your LinkedIn account and find and select the “Me” icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap it a second time and choose “View Profile.”
- Move your cursor over the “Pencil” icon to the right of the job you want to update and tap.
- Change the name of your title in the first window to your new job position.
- You can share this notification about the promotion with your LinkedIn connections by toggling on the “Notify Network” button.
- Save and update your profile by tapping the blue “Save” button.
How to Add a Promotion in LinkedIn Under the Same Company
Adding a promotion to the same company you’re currently employed by is similar to adding a promotion to any other job on your LinkedIn profile. Your current position will be displayed at the top. Follow the method outlined below to add a promotion.
On a PC or Mac
- Begin by logging into your LinkedIn account.
- Find the “Me” icon on the top-right corner of the screen and tap.
- Tap the “View Profile” button.
- Choose the “Pencil” icon located to the right of the job you’d like to update.
- If this is a new job and you haven’t added it to your profile yet, you’ll need to select the “+” icon to add it.
- Change the name of your title to reflect your promotion in the first window, or add it if it’s a new job.
- Toggle the “Notify Network” button to the “on” position to send your LinkedIn connections an update notification.
- Click the blue “Save” button to update and save your profile.
Celebrate Your Promotion on LinkedIn
Updating your LinkedIn profile with a job promotion is a great feeling, and it’s quick to do. You can also share the good news with your connections with a quick tap on the “Share with Network” button. Fortunately, you don’t have to wait to get to a desktop computer to update your profile. LinkedIn simplifies sharing job promotions across different devices.
Have you added a job promotion to your LinkedIn profile? Did you follow the methods explained in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.