How to Add Text to Instagram Reels
If you find your Instagram Reel could use some clever words to enhance it, but you don’t know how to do it, you’ve come to the right place. This article will teach you how to add plain text, disappearing text, and generally edit the timing of your Reel text to take it to another level. You’ll be able to do it whether you’re using an Android or iPhone.
Follow the steps, and you’ll be well on your way to becoming an Instagram master!
How to Add Text to Instagram Reels From an iPhone
Before adding text, we’ll assume you have a video ready to edit. If not, you should create one and add it to your Reel, here’s how you do it:
- Click the “+” icon at the top left corner of your screen.
- If you have an older version of Instagram, click on your profile picture, swipe the round icons at the bottom until you get to the Reel.
- In the menu that appears, select “Reel.”
- Record a new video or add one from your library by pressing the small icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click “Preview” to proceed to the editing screen.
- To add Text, click the “Aa” button in the upper right corner of your screen. A blinking vertical line will appear in the middle of your screen where you can begin typing.
- Write the text and adjust the style by tapping the icons at the top of the screen.
- Click “Done” to end typing.
- Position the text by dragging it with your finger. You can change its size using both your fingers.
How to Add Text to Instagram Reels From an Android Device
Yes, the Instagram app was originally designed for the iPhone, but the version on Android has come a long way. You won’t find anything an iPhone can do that an Android can’t when it comes to Instagram. The design is the same, so follow the steps below to add text and make your perfect Reel on Android:
- Make sure you have a video ready or create a new one.
- To start a new Reel click on the “+” icon in the top left corner, select Reel from the menu. If you’re using an older version, click on your profile picture, then scroll the round icons at the bottom of the screen until you find Reel.
- Make a new video by pressing and holding the record button or add an existing video by clicking the icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- When you’re done, click “Preview” to proceed to the editing screen.
- Click on the “Aa” button (top right corner) to add text, or tap anywhere on the screen.
- A horizontal line will appear, indicating the app is ready for typing. Type the text you want on your reel.
- Edit the style (or font and color) by tapping the icons on the top of the screen.
- Click “Done” when you’re ready.
- Move the text to where you want it by dragging it with your finger. You can also expand or tilt it using both your fingers.
How Do I Add Multiple Lines of Text to Instagram Reels?
This one is easy. Just tap the screen again after you’ve finished your first entry or click the “Aa” text icon again.
How Do I Make Text Appear on Instagram Reels at Different Times?
After you’ve finished the procedure we described above, follow these steps to adjust the time the text appears on your reel:
1. Click on the box showing your text at the bottom of the screen. A movie reel will show up at the bottom.
2. Move the edges of the reel to pick the point in the video you want the text to appear.
· If you have multiple text boxes, do each one separately. When finished with the first one, just tap the next box to adjust when the second text shows up.
3. Click “Done” and preview what you did.
How Do I Add Disappearing Text on Instagram Reels?
If you want your text to disappear, the process is simple:
1. After entering and styling your text, click “Done.”
2. Tap on the box with the text you entered at the bottom of the screen. The movie reel will appear at the bottom of the screen.
3. If you want your text to appear at the beginning of the video then fade, drag the right edge of the movie reel closer to the left edge with your finger. Move it to the point you want the text to show up on the video.
4. Click “Done” when you’re finished and preview your work.
Happy Shiny People!
Join your friends on Instagram with a cool video showing off your new text editing skills. If you followed our article you should be able to have single and multiple text entries on your reel. We also hope it helped you edit your text so it shows up at different points during the video, or disappears exactly when you want.
We love hearing from our readers. Did this instructional text help you make your Instagram experience a fun one? Leave us a comment below if you found this article helpful, or if you have a topic you would like us to cover.