What Are All the Facebook Badges – A Full List
Badges on social media are an icon next to a user’s username that helps others to identify who that person is or their involvement with a group, page, or channel. Facebook allows users to assign badges to their top fans, admins, and other important people.
Perhaps you’ve seen a badge you don’t recognize, or you don’t understand what each badge means. Regardless of why you’re here, this article will teach you everything you need to know about Facebook badges.
What Are Facebook Badges?
Facebook badges are used in Facebook Groups and on Pages to identify certain members. You’ve probably seen the ‘Top Fan’ badge at some point, but there are so many more to explore. Now, depending on whether you’re managing a group or page, your badges may vary.
Here is a list of all the badges available for Groups on Facebook in 2022:
- Admins – This badge lets group members know who is in charge of the group.
- Moderator – A moderator is someone with certain powers, such as deleting comments. But this person can’t make changes to the group.
- Group Expert – This badge is for groups of particular niches who utilize experts in certain fields. This badge is not available in every group.
- Founding Member – A founder badge can be displayed for users who created the group.
- New Member – The New Member badge is displayed to let other users know that the person commenting is new to the group.
- Rising Star – New members who contribute a lot to the group earn the Rising Star badge.
- Conversation Starter – If you often provoke conversations that are meaningful to other group members you will earn the Conversation starter badge.
- Visual Storyteller – This badge is similar to the Conversation Starter but it means you contribute photos and videos to the group.
So, how can you identify these badges? Here’s the list:
The Group Admins, Experts, and Moderators have this badge:
Here are the remaining badges:
As you can see, Facbook offers a lot of badges to easily identify a user’s role in the group.
Facebook pages are different from Facebook groups and the badges are too. Here are a list of badges available for Pages:
- Top Fan – This means you visit the page or interact by liking and commenting quite often.
- Valued Commenter – This badge is awarded to people who comment often but don’t interact as much as those with a Top Fan badge.
- Anniversary Follower – This will show other users how long you’ve been following the page.
- Milestone Follower – You’ve achieved a goal set by the page’s admins.
- Follower – You follow the page. This means you aren’t a casual visitor.
How to Moderate Group Badges
One of the key responsibilities as an administrator or moderator of a group is managing members and their communications. Fortunately, Facebook makes it easy to assign badges on the web version and the app version. We’ll cover both in the follow sections.
How to Moderate Badges on Facebook – Web Browser
If you prefer to use Facebook on a web browser, follow these steps:
- Open Facebook and tap on Group option at the top.
- Tap on the group you need to moderate.
- Tap on Group Settings.
- Scroll down this page to the Badges settings. Tap the pencil icon to the right to manage the badges.
- Now, you can click Remove to remove the badge.
- If you want to add badges, click the Add New button.
- Facebook will present a list of new badges tailored to your group, and those mentioned above. Click See All to view all of the options.
- When you find the badges you’d like to display in your group, click Add.
How to Moderate Badges on Facebook – Mobile App
If you prefer to moderate your Facebook group using the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook Mobile app and tap on the Groups icon at the top of the page.
- Tap Your Groups. Then, tap on the group you want to moderate.
- In the upper right-hand corner you will see a shield icon. Tap it.
- Scroll down to the Badges section and turn on or off the badge you’d like to display.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are more answers to your questions about Facebook badges.
What are Facebook badges used for?
The badges are designed to help you identify different group members, such as moderators, admins, and the most active users.
Where did my top fan badge go?
Many users had concerns about top fan badges in the beginning and the introduction of the feature was quite a source for trolling and light banter. Most top fan badges are updated weekly, before displaying yours a notification will pop up asking if you’d like to display your badge.
If you’d rather not display the icon don’t accept, otherwise, you may not have the option to remove it. Before the recent update, you could click on the community option and turn your badge off, now you’ll have to contact a group admin to have it removed.
Things about Badges that You Should Know
The badges might not appear in all groups. The admins can control their availability and disable or enable them via Settings under Admin Tools and Insights. And to be eligible badges, a group needs to have at least 50 members.
Badges are also available on Facebook Pages. You can simply turn them on by going to your page’s Settings menu. Click on Facebook Badges and toggle on Top Fan Badges.
Congratulations! You’ve Got a TechJunkie Badge
Good communication is at the core of any social network. Unlike other platforms, Facebook has found a cool way to support valuable interaction between its users.
It’s up to you to contribute with engaging comments or posts, and soon enough you’re going to start receiving those badges. Just remember that they might not be available or have the same criteria in every group, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t receive a badge right away.