How to install Kodi on a Fire TV Stick: How to download Kodi to Amazon’s super cheap TV dongle
Kodi is one of the best bits of streaming software out there and lets you watch movies, TV shows, and more on the internet or a local HDD to practically any device. The software also both open-source and lightweight, so you can install it on pretty much anything – including the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
The Fire TV Stick is one of our favorite gadgets because it combines amazing value with great usability. For only The Fire TV Stick dongle makes any TV up to date with a range of on-demand streaming services – so you can watch just about any content, any time.
If you’ve already got a Fire Stick, or you just want to try out Kodi on a low-cost device you can move around the house, this tutorial is for you. Here’s how to install Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Please note that many add-ons contain content that isn’t officially licensed and accessing such content could be illegal. In short, if the content is free, but looks too good to be true, then it probably is.
How to get Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV Stick
Install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV
1. Go to Settings | Device | Developer Options.
2. Make both Apps From Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging are enabled.
3. Download the Downloader App from the Firestick’s App store.4. Download the Android ARM APK file. You can access this from http://kodi.tv/download too.
5. Select the Android app for Kodi6. Download the 32-Bit installation
7. Click ‘Install’ and review the permissions
8. Scroll through Kodi and customize the settings as you prefer.
Install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick with an Android Device
1. Set up your Fire TV Stick as per steps 1 to 3 above.
2. Using an Android phone, head to the Google Play store and download Apps 2 Fire and Kodi.
3. Run Apps 2 Fire and enter the IP address of your Fire TV Stick from earlier and click save
4. In Apps 2 Fire, locate Kodi in the “Local Apps” folder and tap “Install”
5. Once the installation has completed, you can then run Kodi from your Amazon Fire TV Stick from the “Your Apps & Games” menu.
Please note that many addons contain content that isn’t officially licensed and accessing such content could be illegal. It is the user’s responsibility to comply with all applicable laws in their country in regard to use. Dennis Publishing Ltd excludes all liability for such content. We do not condone and are not responsible for the infringement of any intellectual property or other third party rights and shall not be liable to any party as a result of any such content made available. In short, if the content is free, but looks too good to be true, then it probably is.