The Best Facial Recognition Search Engines
Search engines have come a long way. Not too long ago, they were solely used for finding information on the internet. Type in a few keywords, hit enter, and within milliseconds, you’d have a list of thousands of websites to help guild you in your search. But today, things are different.
There are numerous facial recognition search engines available for anyone to use. They vary in results, from look-alikes to finding the source of a photo. You can even search to find photos of yourself that have found their way to websites.
This article will discuss the best facial recognition search engines available, how they work, and what they do best.
The Best Facial Recognition Search Engines
Search engines have advanced to the point where we can perform a search by using an image. No longer are we bound by only keywords. With just a few clicks or taps, you can search for faces.
Are you interested to know if your photo has been published somewhere on the internet without your knowledge? Do you have a doppelganger that you’re unaware of? These search engines will help you find out.
Google Image Search
For decades, the Google search engine has been the go-to place when looking for information. But did you know that you can search for matches by uploading a photo? Using the Google Images search engine, you can easily upload an image to find similar ones rather than typing in descriptive keywords. To learn how to do so, follow the instructions below.
- Go to Google Images.
- Click on the “Camera” icon to the right of the search bar.
- In the pop-up window, tap on “Upload a File.”
- Select “Choose File” and navigate to the photo you want to use as a search. Tap on the file and hit “Open.”
With Google Images, you can also search for a photo you’ve found on a website, one that’s not located on your computer. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Locate the image on a website and right-click it to copy the image’s URL. Navigate to Google Images.
- On the right side of the search bar, tap on the “Camera” icon.
- Press “Paste Image link.”
- In the search bar, hit “Control + V” for Windows. Mac users should hit “Command + V” then click the “Search” button.
This facial recognition search engine is different from the others. You can search with up to four photos simultaneously, and it’ll search over 10 million websites. By using a mix of different technologies, including facial recognition software and artificial intelligence, PimEyes provides excellent search results.
To get the best information, you’ll need to buy a subscription. PimEyes allows users to search using their computer’s camera or by uploading a photo. After the search has been performed, you’ll be shown a list of matches. They’ll be slightly blurred, and you won’t have access to the location of where they were found on the internet without paying for a subscription.
Do the following to use PimEyes using a photo on your computer.
- Open a browser on your computer and navigate to PimEyes.
- Select “Upload a Photo.”
- Navigate to the photo you’d like to use, click on it, and hit “Open.”
To perform a search using your computer’s camera, follow these steps.
- Using a web browser on your computer, go to PimEyes.
- From the search window, click on the “Camera” icon.
- Click “Take a Picture.”
Bing Visual Search
Very similar to Google Image search is the Bing Visual search engine. This Microsoft search engine does everything its rival does and could provide you with a different list of search results. Much like Google Images, the process of performing an image search using a photo or one from the web is similar. Bing Visual is slightly more user-friendly, as its search options pop up immediately.
Follow these steps to use Bing Visual with a photo from your computer.
- Using your computer’s browser, go to Bing Visual.
- Click the “Browse” button.
- Find the photo you’d like to use, tap it, and hit “Open.”
If you’d like to take a photo using your computer’s camera, do the following.
- Open a browser and navigate to Bing Visual.
- Tap the “Take photo” button. Center your face in the oval and click the “Camera” button.
To search using a photo from an image on the web, do this.
- Navigate to Bing Visual using a browser. Open a new browser window and locate the image you’d like to use for the search.
- Right-click on the image and save its URL. Go back to the Bing Visual window and tap “Paste image or URL.” In the search window, Mac users should hit “Command + V.” Windows users should use “Control + V.”
After completing all of the steps, you’ll see a list of matching or similar images for all three methods.
This search engine is unique. Reverse Image Search allows you to perform an image search like most search engines, but the results it supplies are for other search engines. You’ll first have to sign up for a free account to perform an image search. After you’ve verified your account via an email link, you can use this free search engine. You’ll be able to search by supplying a photo you have saved on your computer, one that’s found on a website, or you can use your computer’s camera to take a new one.
To do an image search with a photo on your computer, do the following.
- Navigate to ReverseImageSearch.com.
- Click the “Upload Image” icon.
- Find the image you want to use for a search, select it, and tap “Open.”
- Click the blue button that says “Search Similar Images.”
- This will take you to the results page. Tap on any of the search engines listed to see your search results.
To do the image search by taking a photo with your computer’s camera, follow these steps.
- Go to ReverseImageSearch.com.
- Click on the “Camera” icon.
- You’ll see a small pop-up window with a live image from your camera. Tap the “Take Snap” button.
- Select the “Search Similar Images” button.
- From the results page, click on any of the search engines listed to see your search results.
To search using an image from the web, follow the steps below.
- Find the image on the web and right-click to copy its URL. Go to Reverse Image Search.
- Paste the URL in the search bar that says “Enter Image URL” and hit the “Return” key.
- Click “Search Similar Images.” Tap on any of the search engines listed at the bottom of the screen to see your search results.
This image search engine is a fun one. If you’ve ever wanted to know which stars you most closely resemble, PicTriev is what you’ve been searching for. It does more than just show you your celebrity look-alikes. It also breaks down how masculine or feminine your face appears and your approximate age. This search engine is just for fun and won’t show you if there are photos of you anywhere online. Please note that you’ll need either a photo saved on your computer or a URL if using a photo from the web.
Here’s how to find your look-alikes using PicTriev.
- Navigate to PicTriev.
- To upload an image saved on your computer, click on “Upload Image,” navigate to its location, select it, and hit “Open.”
- For an image on the web, right-click on it to copy, and then paste it into the “Type URL here” window and click “Search.”
If you’d like to find out if your image is being used on Reddit, the Karma Decay reverse search engine is all you’ll need. Using an image, this search engine will scan all Reddit pages and alert you if your image is used anywhere on the Reddit platform. You can search by uploading the image or you can link to an image on a Reddit URL. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the Karma Decay website.
- Select “Choose File” and navigate to the image’s location on your computer.
- Click the file and press “Open.”
- To search for an image on Reddit, you’ll first need to copy the image’s URL and then paste it into the search window and tap “Search.”
If your photo is being used anywhere on Reddit, it’ll appear in the search results.
Find Yourself or Others With Only an Image
There are several search engines available that will help you find similar images. From a simple Google Image search to a deeper search with PimEyes, you can see if there are photos of you or others somewhere online. You can do so with a photo you already have, one from a website, or you can take a new photo using your computer’s camera.
Have you used a facial recognition search engine? Did you use any of those mentioned in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.