How To Fix Calendly Not Showing Availability
There’s hardly a more convenient software for online meeting scheduling than Calendly. The advanced flexibility and ease of use of this platform are some of its best features. However, navigating through the site is far from a perfect experience. Sometimes, your open slots may appear as unavailable even if you haven’t changed any settings and are supposed to be free.
If you’re experiencing the same issue, you’re not alone. Availability problems can be relatively common while you’re still learning the platform. Luckily, the problem is easily solvable with a couple of small tweaks. In this article, we share detailed steps on how to do just that.
Why Calendly Isn’t Showing Availability
When an invitee can’t schedule a time slot with you when you’re supposed to be free, you can easily troubleshoot the issue. Most likely, you have created an event in your connected calendar that has set your Calendly time slot for that event as “Busy.” Changing this setting to “Free” should solve the issue.
All you have to do is log into your Calendly account and navigate to the troubleshooting tool.
To access this feature, follow the steps below:
- Access the Calendly chat for which you’re having availability issues.
- Open the chat settings and go to the event details.
- Navigate to the “View Live Page” section in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on the calendar date or slot for which you’re having availability issues.
- Press the “Troubleshoot” button at the bottom of the window.
- Click on the date again and identify the slots where you appear as “Unavailable.” Click on any of them.
- Navigate to your connected calendar and look for any slots you have blocked off.
- Hit “Edit Event” around the time or day for which you’re unavailable.
- Change the setting to “Free” instead of “Busy.” Now your calendar will show you as available to the invitee.
That’s it! You can refresh your Calendly page and go back to the slot that used to show you as unavailable. It should now appear as a regular open slot.
If an event type is causing availability issues, you can go to the event scheduling page, click on “Menu,” then “Troubleshoot Availability,” and select “Edit event type.”
If you have performed all the steps above but your slot still shows as unavailable, you should contact Calendly’s Help Center by following this link.
Reasons Calendly Can Show You as Unavailable
There are numerous reasons why the platform may mark a day or specific slot of your calendar as unavailable when you’re supposed to be free. Seeing the following labels will help you understand your case:
- PAST – You’re looking at a time slot from the past that can’t be booked anymore.
- DAYMAX – You’ve reached the daily limit which has been set for that specific event.
- GROUP – The group event has reached the maximum allowed number of attendees.
- TOOSOON – Each event has a minimum scheduling notice, and this slot is outside of it.
- RANGE – The time slot is outside the scheduled date range.
- OVERLAP – The time slot overlaps with other Calendly events scheduled at the same time.
- BUFFER – There’s a buffer set for that specific time slot by you or a team member.
- EVENT – You’re already scheduled with an event for this time slot.
- CALENDAR – An event from your connected calendar that overlaps with the time slot blocks the Calendly event.
- NOCAL – The software can’t connect to your or a team members calendar.
- UNFAIR – Available team members have got too many meetings booked.
- DURATION – The event lasts longer than your available time.
- RESERVED – The time slot is already reserved for a poll or a One-off Meeting.
- HOST – One of the Collective event type hosts isn’t available for that time slot.
Calendly Availability Issues Resolved
Whether you’ve been using Calendly for a while now or have only joined recently, you might bump into some form of availability issues on your profile. Luckily, in most situations, this is nothing to worry about. In this article, we shared the possible reasons for showing your time slots as unavailable, as well as the detailed steps on how to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
How did you resolve the availability issue on Calendly? Did you have to contact customer service, or did the steps from this article suffice? Share your experience in the comments below.