How to Cancel Hulu Live
Being one of the most popular premium streaming services around, Hulu Live TV has a considerable on-demand library. However, if you don’t really want that many channels or the monthly subscription is too high, you may want to cancel the service.
In this article, we’ll show you how to cancel Hulu Live TV through the official website and third-party platforms.
How to Cancel Hulu Ad-Free
Hulu users can pick between two Live TV plans: Hulu + Live TV and Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV. Once you subscribe, you unlock over 65 linear channels available on-demand. There’s also the option to download your favorite movies and TV shows for offline viewing.
Live TV has both local and regional channels included in the streaming library. By entering your ZIP code, you can have a look at the offer for your particular area. There are also countless national news, sports, educational, and family-friendly channels to choose from at any time.
If you’re a Premium or Partner user, all your Add-ons (Showtime, HBO, ESPN+, Cinemax, STARZ) are available on Hulu Live TV. You can also consider the following custom Live TV Add-ons:
- Unlimited Screens for an additional $9.99 per month. This feature allows you to simultaneously stream your content on two separate screens.
- Enhanced Cloud DVR for an extra $9.99 per month. You get a whopping 200 hours of Cloud DVR storage.
- Español Networks for an additional $4.99 per month. With this Add-on, you can watch certain Live TV channels in Spanish.
- Entertainment Networks for an extra $7.99 per month. Get access to more lifestyle, entertainment, reality TV, cooking, and documentary shows.
There’s also a package deal available. You can get both Unlimited Screens and Enhanced Cloud DVR for just $14.98 per month.
Hulu No Ads means you don’t have to worry about commercial breaks when watching your favorite TV shows. Apart from that, all the extra features and Add-ons remain the same. However, some popular series (for example, Grey’s Anatomy) are not included in the library. It’s because ad breaks are integrated into the episodes.
You can get the Hulu (No Ads) plan for $11.99 per month. However, if you also want access to the 65+ linear channels, you have to get the No Ads + Live TV package. In that case, the monthly fee is $70.99, as opposed to $64.99 for just Hulu + Live TV.
In case none of this appeals to you, you can always choose to unsubscribe. Here’s how to cancel Hulu Ad-Free and Hulu Live TV by using the Hulu website:
- Open your browser and go to hulu.com.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on your username in the top right corner.
- Choose “Account.”
- At the bottom of the screen, find the option to “Cancel.”
- Click on “Continue to cancel.” Hulu will provide a few alternative solutions. Simply keep selecting “Continue to Cancel” until you complete the action.
If you don’t want to permanently cancel your Hulu plan, you can simply pause your subscription. It’s a practical solution for vacations or field-trips where you won’t be watching much TV. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit hulu.com and go to your Account.
- Click on “Your Subscription.”
- At the bottom of the section, you’ll see the option to “Pause Your Subscription.” Choose to “Pause.”
- Schedule the pause by choosing the time frame (12 weeks).
- Confirm with “Submit.”
The pause will be activated at the beginning of the next billing cycle. During this period, your account won’t be charged a monthly fee. After 12 weeks, Hulu will automatically restart your subscription.
How Do You Cancel a Hulu Free Trial So You Don’t Get Charged?
Like most streaming services, Hulu offers a free trial period. That way, you can test out if a particular package is a good fit for you.
You can try out all Hulu plans and Add-ons available, including Live TV. However, the duration of the trial period differs for each one. There are also no promotional offers that extend the duration of said period.
If you decide Hulu isn’t the right pick for you, you can avoid getting charged by simply canceling. Here’s how to cancel a Hulu free trial:
• Open your Browser and log into your Hulu account.
• Open the “Your Action” section.
• Click on “Cancel.”
• Hulu will then walk you through the process with on-screen instructions. Every time you see the option to “Cancel” click on the button.
• Once you’re done, Hulu will send you a confirmation email.
Forgetting to cancel your free trial can lead to prorated charges. That means you’ll have to compensate for the trial period in the next billing cycle. If you’re trying out several different Add-ons, it’s important to keep track of the duration of each free trial.
How Do I Permanently Delete My Hulu Account?
Unfortunately, permanently deleting your Hulu Account requires a few extra steps. Before accepting your request, the streaming service will first ask you to cancel your subscription.
Of course, it’s not impossible to shut down your account, if you’re no longer satisfied. Here’s how to permanently delete your Hulu account by using the Hulu website:
• Open your Browser and go to hulu.com to Log in.
• Click on your Profile.
• Go to the “Manage Your Account” section.
• Open “Privacy and Settings.” From the list below, choose “California Privacy Rights.”
• At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see the “Right to Delete” option. Next to it, there’s a “Start Deletion” link. Click on it.
• A pop-up window will show up, warning you about the consequences. At the bottom of the window, you’ll find two options. You can delete your account immediately or after the completion of the following billing cycle.
• Click on the option you prefer and then choose “Start Deletion.”
You can follow these exact steps on any device, including Androids and iPhones.
Recently, Hulu restored the option to delete your watch history. That way, you can erase all your recommendations and downloads to start streaming from scratch. Here’s how to delete your Hulu watch history on any device:
• Log into your account on hulu.com.
• Go to your Profile and click on the Username.
• Go to Manage Your Account > Privacy and Settings.
• On the right-hand side, there’s the “Manage Activity” section.
• Open your “Watch History.”
• Choose which files you want to delete from the log. At the bottom of the pop-up window, there’s the option to “Clear Selected.”
How Do I Cancel Hulu Through Amazon?
In case you’re using a third-party website for billing, don’t worry. You can still complete the cancellation process.
Hulu allows you to manage your Hulu account through a third-party website if certain issues appear. For example, if you can’t include certain
Hulu allows you to manage your Hulu account through a third-party website if certain issues appear.
For example, if you can’t include certain Add-ons to your subscription or switch to a different plan. When you’re subscribed to the following platforms or streaming services, you have access to your Hulu account:
· Disney +
Here’s how to cancel Hulu through Amazon:
· Log in to your account on amazon.com.
· On the right-hand side of the screen, you’ll see the “Action” section.
· Once you click on it, a drop-down menu will appear. Select the “Turn off auto-renewal” option.
· Click “Confirm” to finish the cancellation.
When you’re done, Hulu will send you a confirmation email. You can stream on Hulu until the end of the billing cycle. Afterwards, Hulu will stop charging your Amazon account.
You can also change Hulu plans and Add-ons if you have an Amazon account. There’s no limited access for Amazon users, i.e. you can unlock any feature. That includes HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, ESPN+, Showtime, and Live TV.
Here’s how to switch to a different Hulu plan:
• Log in to your Hulu Account.
• Go to “Your Subscription.”
• Find your current plan (for example, Hulu Base Plan) on the screen. Next to it is the option to “Manage Plan.”
• If the plan is highlighted green, it means you’re currently subscribed to it. Click on the toggle next to it to turn it off.
• Click on the plan you want to switch to.
• Confirm by clicking on “Review Changes.”
How Do I Cancel Hulu Through iTunes?
You can use your iTunes Store account to cancel your Hulu subscription. Here’s how to do it:
• Log in to your account on the iTunes Store.
• Open “Settings.”
• Go to Manage > Subscriptions.
• Find the “Auto-Renewal” section. Click on the button next to it to turn it off.
• Confirm by clicking on “Done.”
Wait for the confirmation mail from Hulu to check if the cancellation was successful.
Jumping Through Hula Hoops
Hula + Live TV is a great deal. You have access to countless linear channels with diverse content and Premium Add-ons. For a few extra bucks, you can even put a stop to annoying ad breaks with the No Ads package.
However, if you’re not an avid TV viewer, the monthly subscription doesn’t really pay off. Fortunately, you can cancel any Hula plan with just a few steps. It doesn’t matter if you use a third-party website for billing or a regular Hula account.
What are your thoughts on Hula? Do you prefer another streaming service? Comment below and tell us what your favorite Hula TV shows.