How to Cancel Your Pandora Subscription
Pandora is an online radio station that allows you to listen to different genres, artists, and albums whenever you’re connected to the internet. It’s simple to use, and you get access to a wide variety of music, so you’ll never get bored with the same songs on repeat.
But what if you want to move on and listen to your favorite music some other way? Here’s how you can cancel your Pandora subscription.
Cancel Your Pandora Subscription
Canceling your Pandora subscription is a piece of cake, but only after you establish what service you’re billed through. Is it your Google Play account? Or your PayPal account? Check your bank statement to know where to look for further information.
Before you proceed to cancel the membership, remember that merely deleting the app from your phone doesn’t remove your subscription. You need to cancel it using the same service you subscribed with. Also, Pandora can only manage subscriptions made through their website, but not through other vendors because their team can’t access another vendor’s billing system.
If you experience any trouble while canceling your subscription, you should contact the vendor or the Pandora customer care service for help. You should know that your subscription is automatically renewed each month if you don’t cancel it.
If You Subscribed via Apple
You can use your iOS device to cancel the subscription or do it from your computer. From your mobile device, you should:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Apple ID at the top.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Select a subscription level or tap Cancel Subscription. (There are two plans on Pandora: Plus and Premium. On this screen, you can choose if you want to change your subscription or cancel it altogether.)
- If prompted, confirm that you want to unsubscribe.
- Tap Done to finish the process.
If you’re using the web, follow these steps:
- Go to the App Store or open the app.
- You’ll see your Apple ID at the bottom, so click to open.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on View information and log in using your Apple ID if prompted.
- Find the Manage section on the Information page.
- Select Manage.
- Find Pandora and select the Edit button next to it.
- Select a new type of subscription or click on Cancel Subscription.
- If prompted, confirm your choice.
If You Subscribed via Roku
Follow our instructions if you want to cancel your subscription made via Roku:
- Open a web browser.
- Visit the www.my.roku.com/account/subscriptions.
- If necessary, sign in to your Roku account.
- Find Pandora under Subscriptions and choose Unsubscribe.
Another way is to do this:
- When you open the home screen of your Roku, look for the Pandora channel.
- Highlight the channel, but don’t open it.
- Select the Options button to open a menu.
- Click on Manage subscription and then Cancel subscription at the bottom.
- Choose if you want to keep listening to the radio on your Roku until your billing period is over.
If You Subscribed via Amazon
You can cancel the subscription using your Kindle Fire or an Android smartphone or tablet. If you’re using a Kindle Fire device, do the following:
- From the home screen, select Apps.
- Choose Store and then from this menu, choose My Subscriptions.
- Select Pandora and select the orange Turn off Automatic Renewal button. Your subscription is now canceled.
If you want to cancel the subscription from your Android device, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Amazon Appstore app.
- From the main menu, select Subscriptions.
- Choose Pandora Subscription.
- Click the Turn off Automatic Renewal button, and your subscription will be canceled.
If You Subscribed via Google Play
Although you can contact Google Play’s customer support to cancel the subscription, you can also do it yourself by following these steps:
- Open a web browser and visit this page: www.play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions.
- If you haven’t already signed in, you may be prompted to do it now.
- Scroll to find Pandora under Subscriptions and click or tap to open.
- Select Cancel Subscription and confirm your choice.
If You Subscribed via Pandora
If you used Pandora’s website to subscribe, follow the steps below to cancel your subscription:
- Use your computer to log in to your account. Don’t use a mobile device.
- Select your profile image, and you’ll see a drop-down menu.
- Click on Settings and choose Subscriptions.
- Click on Switch Plans.
- At the bottom, you’ll see the Cancel Subscription button. Click it.
- Type in your password when prompted. This is necessary to confirm you’re sure you want to cancel the subscription.
Note that you can use the app until your current billing period is over, even when you cancel the subscription. It only refers to any future payments.
If You Subscribed via Your Carrier
You’ll need to contact your carrier’s customer service to cancel the Pandora subscription in this case. Pandora isn’t able to provide the necessary information related to this method of unsubscribing.
Saying Bye to Pandora
There are many ways to cancel your Pandora subscription. It all depends on what service you used to subscribe in the first place. Our article outlined all the necessary steps you need to take to unsubscribe from this internet radio station. Whether you use your Android device, Kindle Fire, Pandora’s website, or another service, you’ll find the instructions here. Then you’ll be free to move on and find another way to enjoy listening to music online.
Have you ever had to cancel your Pandora subscription? Was it a straightforward process? Let us know in the comments section below.