How to Cancel VIP in IMVU
A VIP subscription on IMVU offers users the ability to customize their virtual experience to the fullest, with the option of canceling their VIP membership at any given time. By following a couple of simple steps, you can unsubscribe from your VIP membership and easily restore your regular account.
After reading this article, you’ll be able to cancel your VIP subscription, as well as your Host subscription, on all devices. This guide also covers basic information about IMVU subscription packages, and what exactly they offer.
How to Cancel VIP on IMVU?
IMVU is a unique avatar-based social network where you can create your own character, meet new friends and chat with old ones, all in 3D. Sharing online experiences, building your own virtual community, and other creative options are just some of the features that IMVU has to offer, which is exactly why this social platform attracts seven million users a month.
By selling virtual products on IMVU, you can even make real money. In fact, this lucrative opportunity has gotten the attention of 50, 000 creators across the globe. You can access and enjoy IMVU on all platforms –your web browser, the desktop app, iOS, and Android devices.
Signing up for a VIP subscription opens new doors in this digital world. However, if you no longer need your VIP account, or if you don’t want to pay for it anymore, you can cancel it quickly and effortlessly. We’ll show you how to do it across all devices.
How to Cancel a VIP Subscription on IMVU on Your Computer?
The cancellation process depends on whether you had subscribed via credit card or PayPal. If you paid for your VIP membership on IMVU with your credit card, this is how to cancel the subscription:
- Go to IMVU.
- Log into your IMVU account.
- Click on ‘’Account,’’ which you can find on the Menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Find ‘’Account tools.’’
- Click on ‘’Manage subscriptions.’’
- A new tab will pop up, click ‘’Cancel subscription.’’
- You’ll get a confirmation message, click ‘’yes.’’
That’s all there is to it. On the other hand, if you used PayPal to subscribe to a VIP membership, this is how you can cancel it:
- Go to your PayPal account and log in.
- At the bottom of your page, find ‘’More’’ and click on it.
- Go to ‘’Manage your subscriptions and more.’’
- Once you’ve found the plan that you wish to unsubscribe from, click ‘’Cancel payments.’’
- Click ‘’Cancel subscription.’’
From this point on, your IMVU account will be restricted to all the VIP features and special privileges. Once you refresh your page, your IMVU account will revert to normal.
Note: To avoid complications, make sure to cancel your VIP subscription at least one day before your next scheduled payment.
How to Cancel a VIP Subscription on IMVU on Your Phone?
The process of canceling your IMVU membership depends on the type of mobile device you have. This is how it’s done on an iOS phone:
- Turn on your phone and go to Settings.
- Go to your Apple ID at the top of the Settings page.
- Tap ‘’Subscriptions.’’
- Go to ‘’Media & Purchases.’’
- Find your IMVU subscription and tap ‘’Cancel Subscription.’’
- Confirm the cancellation.
If you have an Android device, the process of canceling your subscription is done through another app. Follow these steps to find out how:
- Turn on your phone and go to Google Play.
- Go to your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- Tap ‘’Subscriptions.’’
- Find the IMVU VIP subscription and tap ‘’Manage subscription.’’
- Select ‘’Cancel subscription.’’
- To finalize your withdrawal, tap ‘’confirm’’ on the pop-up tab.
You’ve successfully managed to cancel your VIP membership on IMVU. Next time you refresh your app; it will automatically change back to a free account.
How to Cancel Your Subscription on IMVU?
In case you don’t want to use any third-party apps, there is another way to cancel your VIP subscription on IMVU – via the New IMVU Dollar Store. This is how it’s done:
- Turn on your computer and go to this link.
- Make sure you are already logged in.
- Go to ‘’More info.’’
- Click on ‘’Cancel VIP.’’
- Confirm that you want to cancel your subscription.
Note: Make sure to follow these steps on a computer – the process will be much easier.
How Do You Cancel a Host on IMVU?
A Host subscription is different from a VIP subscription. When you subscribe for a Host membership, you are actually becoming a Live Room Host. A Live Room is a public space that’s open to different IMVU members. It can host a wedding, a fashion show, a class lecture, or countless other events.
As a subscribed Host, you have the option of enabling other members to “enter” the Live Room. Keep in mind that space is usually limited to a small number of viewers. Those who don’t have permission to enter can observe and comment in the live chat.
In case you want to cancel your Host membership, follow the steps below:
1. Go to your IMVU account.
2. Login, if you haven’t already.
3. Click on ‘’Account,’’ and then go to ‘’Account Tools.’’
4. Proceed to ‘’Manage subscriptions.’’
5. Find the Host subscription and click ‘’Cancel subscription.’’
6. Click ‘’yes’’ on the confirmation message.
That’s all there is to it. Now you’ve revoked all your Live Room privileges.
How Do You Cancel an IMVU VIP Subscription?
Now that you know how to cancel your VIP membership on IMVU, you should know what will happen next. These are some of the perks and privileges you will lose once you cancel your VIP subscription:
• You will stop getting 5,000+ VIP Loyalty credits on a monthly basis; instead, you are only entitled to 200 credits.
• You won’t be able to enter VIP rooms, particular groups, and chatrooms.
• You will see ads on the platform.
• You will no longer be able to create products, thus you won’t be making any more money from this platform.
• You won’t be able to use any product discounts.
• You won’t have access to Live chat support service.
If you change your mind at some point, restoring your IMVU VIP membership is always an option.
How Do You Stop Being VIP on IMVU?
You’ve already learned how to cancel a VIP subscription on IMVU. In case you are wondering how to stop being a VIP on IMVU, you can find instructions in the previous segment.
How to Become a VIP Member on IMVU?
On the other hand, if you’re interested in how to subscribe to a VIP membership, you can do so by following these steps:
1. To become a member of the VIP club, go to this link.
2. Log into your account if you haven’t already.
3. Choose the subscription plan you want.
You have three types of VIP subscription packages, depending on their duration and price. Each VIP package offers different privileges.
· One month for $9, 99.
· Three months for $25.
· One year for $75.
4. Once you’ve clicked the option you want, the Credits page will open. In case you aren’t interested in buying any credit at this moment, click ‘’No credit’’. You can return to this page later.
5. Go to ‘’Upgrades.’’
6. Tick the ‘’VIP Membership’’ box and choose the billing cycle.
7. Go to ‘’Payment options’’ and choose how you want to pay for the subscription (credit card or PayPal).
8. Click ‘’Checkout.’’
9. Once you have filled out all the payment information, go to Process order.
You will then receive a validation email for your VIP Subscription. Once you confirm the email, it will take you straight to the IMVU home page, where you can start using your VIP account.
Customize Your Virtual Experience on IMVU
Now you have learned how to cancel your VIP subscription and a Host subscription on IMVU, and you also know how to apply for one. Even though VIP membership has its list of perks, you can enjoy your shared virtual experience to some degree on IMVU without a VIP subscription. You just have to figure out how to get the best out of this social network.
Have you ever canceled your VIP subscription on IMVU? Did you follow any of the methods outlined in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.