How to Change the Input on Element TV
The smart TV market is rapidly growing, with many brands now competing to offer affordable smart TV devices. Element TV positioned itself as a company that makes all types of TV models, from the basic budget-friendly models to premium 4K-supported Fire TV models that surpass big market competitors.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of changing the input on an Element TV and its most prominent features, as well as show you how to update and customize your TV.
How to Change TV Input
If you’ve just bought your new Element TV and you want to disconnect from your cable TV and start using one of the streaming services, this is how to do it:
- Press the “Source” button on the remote control, and it will open a menu.
- Use arrows to go through each input source until you find the one you’d like to use. If you want to start using some of the streaming devices, they will probably be connected to one of your HDMI ports. So, instead of “Cable,” you will use HDMI 1 or HDMI 2.
- Press “OK” to confirm and start streaming your favorite content.
How to Rename an Input Port
Sometimes, you might get confused about whether you’ve connected your computer on HDMI 1 and your TV on HDMI 2 or vice versa. To prevent this from happening, Element TV enables users to rename inputs to match the connection, and here’s how to do this in two ways:
- Go to Home screen and press “*“ to open a list of options, and from there, select “Rename Input.”
- Open Home screen, open “Settings” and “TV inputs.” When you get to the inputs screen, select “Rename Input,” and type in the new name you want.
Element TV Compatible with Amazon Prime and Roku
Assuming that you’re looking for a TV to connect easily to your Amazon Fire Stick or Raku, the Element 4K Ultra model is what you’re looking for. It provides a clear, high-definition image and comes with a variety of connectivity ports. Every device in this series has a Wi-Fi adapter to establish a good connection with services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu.
Customize Streaming on Element TV
If you want to choose your streaming app from the list or switch to another one, this is the way to do it:
- Press “Menu,” select “Streaming,” and press “OK.”
- Use the arrows to find your preferred streaming app and press “OK.”
- You can also use hotkeys to enter the desired APP directly.
Since Element TV doesn’t have an app store, it comes with preloaded apps, which include Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, and VUDU. Users can only activate and deactivate these apps, and others can’t be downloaded or installed directly onto the TV.
How to Install Element Remote App
Every Element TV can be used with a specially developed app to make it more flexible. If you’re using it in a home Wi-Fi, you can easily connect your TV to a phone or tablet. All it takes is to download the Remote app and start using it. These are the steps to do so:
- Download the app from Google Play or Apple Store.
- Connect your phone or tablet to the Wi-Fi.
- Press “Menu” on your remote control.
- Use the arrows to go to “TV Settings” and “Network.”
- If all your devices are on the same network, you’ll be able to use the Remote app.
How to Update Element Smart TV
If you want to use your Element Smart TV and all of its features, make sure you regularly update it and have it paired on your Wi-Fi network. Here are the steps to do this:
- Switch on your TV.
- Click on the Menu key on your remote control.
- Go to the TV’s main screen and click on “Software Update.”
Sometimes, this simple update won’t be enough because the app won’t be able to download all the data, and in those cases, you’ll have to repeat the process. If you’re still encountering problems, you can upload the TV manually:
- Go to the Element TV website and find the firmware link.
- Start downloading data and save it on your computer.
- Use a USB drive to transfer the firmware on to it.
- Connect a USB with an Element Smart TV.
- Go to the “Settings” tab and choose “General Option.”
- Click on “Software Update,” but make sure to choose to update through the USB.
- Once your computer reads the file, it will automatically start updating.
Now, your TV is updated and ready to support updates on its apps and work more efficiently.
Your Next TV
Element is a company producing some of the cheapest TVs on the market today, for less than $200. They’re selling TVs that range from the smallest 19inch screens to 40inch ones that are ideal for students who live in dorms or anyone whose TV budget is limited.
Now that you know how to change and rename your input, you can find the model that fits your needs best. What screen size do you prefer? Would you try out an Elemental TV? Or do you prefer known TV brands?
Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
Comments are closed.