How to Change the Input on a TCL TV
TCL TVs have gained quite a reputation for offering excellent value for their price. These affordable TVs can access a wide range of streaming apps, services, and inputs.
If you’d like to diversify the content you watch on your TCL TV, you might wonder how to change the input source. This process is pretty straightforward, regardless of your TV model. You can change the input on a TCL TV with or without a remote. Keep reading to find out all the details.
Changing the Input
In general, TCL TVs are pretty user-friendly, and changing the input source is no different. The manufacturer made this option one of the most easily reachable, regardless of whether you use a remote.
You’ll only need a few clicks and your chosen input source. The most popular options typically include HDMI 1, HDMI 2, or AV, but Antenna TV is also an excellent way to diversify your viewing experience.
How to Change Input on TCL Android TV
The fantastic feature of the TCL TV remote is a Source button that serves as a shortcut for accessing the input source options. The button looks like a rectangle with a right-pointing arrow inside. You’ll find it in the bottom-right corner.
From there, switching to a different input source on your TCL Android TV is a breeze.
- Press the “Source” button on your remote.
- Once the “Source Choice” list opens, use up and down arrows to locate your desired input.
- Tap “OK” after highlighting the option you want to use.
Alternatively, you can change the input source through the TCL TV’s homepage. For this, the button you’ll want to find is in the upper-left corner. It resembles a house and functions as a quick shortcut to the Home screen.
- Press the “Home” button on your remote.
- Using the arrows, navigate the cursor to the “Inputs” area in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Tap “OK” to access the option.
- Use up and down arrows to find the preferred input source.
- Press “OK” to confirm your selection.
How to Change the Input on TCL Roku TV
Unlike a TCL Android TV, the Roku version doesn’t have a Source button on its remote for switching inputs. However, this doesn’t make the process any more challenging. Only a few clicks will get you where you want to be. But you first must set up the inputs on your Roku TV for them to show as an option.
For Roku TV, our go-to button will be the Home button. It resembles a little house, and you can find it in the upper-right corner of your remote, right below the Power button.
To set up your inputs before switching between them, do the following.
- Press the “Home” button to launch the “Home screen.”
- Tap the left arrow on your remote to display the menu.
- Navigate to the “Settings” option on the left pane.
- Select “TV Inputs.”
- Press “OK.”
- Choose your desired inputs on the menu to your right.
It should be noted that the 9.3 Roku OS update changed the Antenna TV icon to Live TV.
If you use an input source more frequently than others, you can set it as your default input source.
- Press the “Home” button to access the “Home screen.”
- Tap the left arrow to open the menu.
- Go to “Settings” on the left pane.
- Navigate to the “System” option.
- Press “OK.”
- Locate the “Power” option.
- Tap “OK.”
- Highlight the “Power On” option and press “OK” again.
- Select an input option to be used when your TV is powered on.
- Confirm your selection with a final “OK.”
When you’re ready to explore other avenues, you can switch the input source by following these steps.
- Press the “Home” button to open the “Home screen.”
- Using the control pad on your remote, navigate through the list of input options.
- Highlight the tile for your desired input.
- Hit “OK.”
TCL TV How to Change the Input Without a Remote
While the remote makes the process incredibly easy, changing the input source on your TCL TV without a remote is equally straightforward. The TCL manufacturer included a button on the TV device that makes navigating its basic settings hassle-free.
How to Change the Input on TCL Android TV Without a Remote
Using the button on your TCL Android TV is the fastest way to change input without a remote. The first step is to locate the button.
Most frequently, you’ll find this helpful button under the TCL logo on the front. Some models have it on the TV’s back or side.
Once you locate the button, follow these steps to change the input source.
- Short-click the button to launch the menu.
- Press the same button until you reach the “Source” option.
- Long-press the button to make your selection.
- Navigate through your options by short-clicking the button.
- Long-press the button once you’ve highlighted the desired option.
How to Change the Input on TCL Roku TV Without a Remote
Most TCL Roku TV models have a little joystick-type button on the back, next to the ports. The button can sometimes be found under the TV logo. This button is all you’ll need to switch the source input on your Roku TV without a remote.
- Long-press the button.
- Release it to open the menu on your screen.
- Use the stick to select the input you want to use.
- Long-press the button once your selection is highlighted.
- Release the button to apply the changes.
Have Direct Input in Your TV Settings
Whether you use a remote or not, TCL makes it easy to choose the source of your TV’s signal. A few clicks and taps are all you’ll need to never run out of things to watch on your TCL TV.
Do you use your TCL TV with or without the remote? What is your go-to input source? Let us know in the comments section below.