How to Change your Location on Raya
If you’re one of the few members of the exclusive dating app Raya, you will know that you can find potential matches from across the globe. While this is great, perhaps you only want to match with people from a particular region.
Because Raya only allows you to filter age and gender and not location, this can be tricky. And it is only through the “Maps” tool that you can find and chat with people nearby. If you are looking for a way around this, this article can help. We’ll discuss how to change your location on Raya in a few simple steps.
How to Change your Location in Raya on an iPhone
The best way to change your location on your iPhone without being in that new geolocation physically is to use a virtual private network (VPN). By using a reputable VPN provider like ExpressVPN, you can use apps and browse content that you normally couldn’t access from your actual location. The following steps will show you how to use ExpressVPN to change your location on Raya on your iPhone:
- Sign up at ExpressVPN
- Download ExpressVPN from the iPhone app store.
- Once downloaded, you’ll need to create an account and sign in. A monthly subscription is around $12.99.
- Once you have signed in, read the privacy agreement and, if you agree, click the “Agree and Continue” button.
- Click “Continue” to set up your VPN.
- ExpressVPN will ask to add VPN configurations. Choose “Allow.” This is a standard message for any VPN app installed on iOS devices. ExpressVPN will never filter or monitor your network activity.
- On the next page, enter your passcode to continue.
- Select your preferences for your ExpressVPN notifications and then tap on “OK.”
- A new page will ask if you want to help improve ExpressVPN; choose between “OK” or “No, Thanks.”
Your VPN is now set up. Now you’ll need to set your location before logging on to Raya. This is how you go about it:
- Open ExpressVPN on your iPhone.
- On the “Home” screen that opens, tap on the icon with the three dots next to the “Smart Location” bar. The different locations you can choose from will appear in a menu.
- Select the location that best suits your needs by tapping on the “All Locations” tab.
- From here, select the continent, the country, and the state in which you want to set your location. The “Home” screen should reappear automatically once you have made your selection.
- Tap on the large “Connect” button on the screen. When connected, the red ring around the button will turn green. The location of your IP address is now set to the location you have chosen.
- Launch Raya on your iPhone. You will now be showing your new location.
If you head over to the “Maps” tab, you can search for people near you to connect with for the new geolocation you have chosen.
To change your location to a different place, sign out of Raya, reopen ExpressVPN, and follow steps two through five. If you want to disconnect the VPN completely, open ExpressVPN and tap the “Connect” button. This button will turn grey and indicate it is disconnecting.
How to Change Location in Raya on an Android
Because Raya is only made for use on iOS devices, chances are you are running the app as an APK file on your Android device. You can use a VPN while using these apps to change your location. We suggest using ExpressVPN to change your location on Raya on your Android device. First, you will need to download and set up your VPN:
- First, sign up for ExpressVPN
- Navigate to the Google Play Store, search for ExpressVPN, download and install it. The app is only compatible with Android 5.0 and is free to download. To use the VPN, you will need to sign up for a monthly subscription for $12.99.
- Once the app is installed, you need to create an account and sign in.
- On the next page, when asked if you want to help improve ExpressVPN, choose “OK” or “No, Thanks.”
- To set up your VPN, tap “OK.” A pop-up will ask your permission to approve ExpressVPN’s connection request. Click “OK.” This message is standard for adding a VPN to an Android device, and ExpressVPN will never filter or monitor your network activity.
The VPN on your Android device is now set up.
Once your VPN is set up, you need to select your new location and turn on your VPN before using Raya. These are the steps you need to follow:
- Open your Android device and launch the ExpressVPN app.
- Navigate to the “Smart Location” bar on the app’s Home screen. Next to this bar is an icon with three dots; click on it.
- In the “Locations” menu, click on the “All Locations” tab. From here, choose your continent, country, and then state. Once you have made your selection, the app will go back to the “Home” screen.
- If it has not automatically started connecting, tap the “Connect” button. When connected, the ring around the button will turn from red to green, and it will read “Connected.”
- Go back to your Android device’s “Home” screen and locate your “Raya” app.
- Launch the app, and you will now be connected using your new location. You can also head to the “Maps” option and see people near you for this new location.
If you want to change the location on your VPN, sign out and close the Raya app first. Then, reopen ExpressVPN and follow steps two through four again before signing back into Raya.
Should you want to turn off the VPN, open the ExpressVPN app and click on the “Connect” button to disconnect from the VPN.
Location Change Complete!
Changing your location on Raya is perhaps a little more challenging than you thought it might be. But, with the help of the steps given in this article and the use of ExpressVPN, you can change your geolocation in just a few minutes.
All you need to worry about now is whether to swipe left or right!
Have you changed the location on Raya on your iPhone or Android device? Did you use a method similar to those provided in this guide? If you have, or you used a different method, tell us about it in the comments section below.