How to Change Your Netflix Profile on Your Samsung TV
With over 150 million subscriptions, Netflix is one of the leading streaming services in the world. With an interface that’s easy to use, and a relatively inexpensive subscription model, its popularity is no surprise.
While many users enjoy watching their Netflix shows on their mobile phones or PCs, some prefer to bring Netflix to their TVs; after all, if you own a high-quality Samsung Smart TV, then why not make use of it?
Need to Know Info
There are a few things you need to know before you can set up Netflix properly on your smart TV. Thankfully, the process is simple! If you’re already aware of how Netflix works and you’ve already got everything set up, then you can skip the next part and head to our Profile Swapping section below.
When it comes to swapping to different profiles within an account, it only takes a few extra steps. But what are Netflix profiles? Well, they allow different people on the same account to have their own, personalized experience when watching shows and movies on Netflix.
If you don’t have a Netflix account set up already, fret not. Creating an account with Netflix is easy. This link here will take you to their signup page, where you can choose the subscription type that most suits your interests.
Keep in mind that the subscription type you choose will affect how many profiles you can have on one account, but more on that below. For now, you’ll find everything you need to make sure you’re connected properly to get the most out of your subscription!
Before you start swapping the profiles though, you’ll need to make sure your device is compatible with Netflix. The good news is most Samsung Smart TVs are. It would also be a good idea to check your geographical region, just to make sure it’s supported. You can find a full map here, in case of any changes.
To locate the Netflix app on your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- To link your account, go to the home screen.
- Select the Netflix app on the TV.
- Then sign in to your Netflix account by using the appropriate e-mail and password combination. Alternatively, some TVs may ask you for an activation code, which you should enter via this link.
And voila! Your account has now been linked to the Netflix app on your TV.
Now, when it comes to accessing different profiles, there’s still no direct support/option for that on the Samsung Netflix app. But the good news is that you can still do it by following these steps:
- Sign out of the account you’re signed into right now. In order to do so, simply select the “Sign out” option.
- Wait for the sign-out process to complete.
- Sign in to the same account again.
- When you’re asked which profile you wish to continue on, make the choice and proceed accordingly. Note that, by default, the main profile, as in the one created when you first set up your Netflix account, will be automatically chosen otherwise. Naturally, you’ll need to have another profile in order to swap to it after signing out and back in again.
If you don’t have different profiles already, and you’re not sure how to set up a separate one for your Netflix account, don’t worry – that process is simple enough too! If it is advised that you perform it either on a mobile device or PC for ease of use.
To create a new profile, sign in to your Netflix account and then follow this link which will take you to the Manage Profiles page. There, you’ll be able to add up to a total of five separate profiles. In addition, you can customize them and edit any preferences you’d like, including maturity settings if you’re making a profile for a child.
And that just about covers the basics on how to swap your Samsung TV profile on the Netflix app. It’s not seamless of course, and people have been asking for more support in this area for a while now, so it never hurts to leave some feedback on Samsung’s support forums here.
Got any interesting tips about the Netflix app on Samsung you’d like to share? Don’t hesitate to leave your comments or thoughts in the section below.