How to Change a Playlist Name in SoundCloud
Suppose you didn’t pay particular attention when you created your SoundCloud account and put together the first playlists. At the time, proper naming didn’t seem that important. But those playlists might’ve changed over time with your music taste. Or perhaps you became a genuine artist who uses SoundCloud to showcase their work.
In any case, you might want to rename your playlists and bring them in line with their refreshed content or your personal branding.
This article will show you how to change the names of your SoundCloud playlists and share some additional tips about this excellent audio sharing site.
How to Change a Playlist Name
The first thing to notice is that SoundCloud currently supports changing playlist names only via browser. In other words, you’ll need to use your computer for the action as the option is unavailable on the mobile app.
To change a playlist name on SoundCloud, follow these steps:
- Open your browser and navigate to SoundCloud.
- Enter your SoundCloud profile.
- Find the playlist that you want to rename and open it.
- You’ll see the “Like,” “Share,” “Edit,” “Add to Next up,” and “Delete playlist” options at the bottom. Select “Edit.”
- In the “Edit” menu, you’ll be able to rename your playlist. Once you’ve entered the new name, save your progress.
As you can see, changing playlist name on SoundCloud is relatively uncomplicated. However, you might want to do even more.
If your goal is to align your SoundCloud profile with your personal branding, you could consider changing your profile name and URL.
How to Change a Playlist Into an Album
Artists presenting their work on SoundCloud initially had to create playlists to represent their albums. However, this changed when SoundCloud introduced the option to create albums.
If you have a playlist that contains your album tracks, you can now change it into an album. This will give the track collection the proper designation that you can share more conveniently.
To change SoundCloud playlist into album, you can use this method:
- Go to SoundCloud and log in.
- Find the playlist you want to change and go to “Edit.”
- Under the type selection options, choose “Album.”
- Enter the album release date and any additional info.
- Save changes.
Additional Tip on Rebranding Your SoundCloud
If you need to rebrand your playlist and bring it in line with your online persona, you might also want to look at your general profile name and URL. The following method will allow you to change your SoundCloud account name and URL:
- Go to SoundCloud and sign in.
- Click on your image and select “Profile.”
- On your profile page, hit “Edit.”
- Enter your new display name and the desired URL.
- Click on the “Save changes” button.
Unlike changing playlist names, this process can be done on mobile apps as well. If you want to change your SoundCloud name on mobile, follow these steps:
- Open your SoundCloud app and make sure you’re signed in.
- You’ll find the “Library” icon at the bottom – look for the icon showing two vertical lines and a backslash. Tap the icon.
- Enter your profile by tapping the top-right icon with your profile picture.
- Find the “Your profile” section. If you’re on an iOS device, continue to step 5. If you’re on Android, skip to step 6.
- For iPhone users: Tap on your profile, then on “Edit profile.”
- For Android users: Select the pencil icon.
- Regardless of the device, either step 5 or 6 will take you to the profile editing page.
- Enter the name you want. If you wish, you can also add some bio information.
- Tap “Save.”
Finally, you might want to change your playlists to albums. The following section will explain how to do that.
Name Your SoundCloud How You Want It
With the renaming options available on SoundCloud, you can tweak the titles of your playlists whichever way you want. Additionally, the possibility of changing your profile name, account URL, and the type of playlists allows you to get your personal branding on point to the last detail. This could be crucial, especially if you’re an upcoming artist. With all of your branding in line, your audience will have an easier time finding your tracks.
Of course, renaming your playlists on SoundCloud will come in handy even if you don’t intent on becoming the next music superstar. By assigning each playlist an appropriate name, you can keep your collection neatly organized.
Did you manage to change a playlist name on your SoundCloud? Did you publish your music using the Album option? Let us know in the comments below.