How to Change the Speed of a Video in TikTok
Are you wondering how to post a video recipe for a lasagna without making it too long and tedious?
The fact that you can speed up a TikTok video may be the ideal solution for you. Whatever your goal on this platform is, this feature can give you a lot of ideas. Not only can you make your videos more interesting, but they can also be genuinely inspirational or funny.
To learn more about the topic, keep reading this article.
How to Change Video Speed on TikTok on an iPhone or Android
If you want to record a video on TikTok at different speeds, here’s how you can do so:
- Launch TikTok on your Android or iOS device.
- Go to the bottom of your homepage and tap on the + (plus) sign. It will take you to where you can create a new video.
- On the right, you’ll see several icons designating different recording options.
- Tap on the second one, Speed.
- Choose the desired speed you want to record your video at.
- Tap the Record (red circle) icon to record the video.
You can also speed up or slow down a premade video that you upload to TikTok. That’s useful if you want to upload a long video and want to make it shorter. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Launch the TikTok app on your smartphone, then tap on the + (plus) sign to make a new video.
- On the new screen, tap on the Upload icon on the lower right corner.
- Upload a video, and when it loads, tap on Adjust clips then on the speed (clock) icon at the bottom.
- Choose the desired speed you want to save your video at.
How to Change Video Speed on TikTok After a New Update
The newest update hasn’t changed the way you can speed up or slow down your videos. You can use the usual steps to record videos in slow motion or speed them up.
How to Change the Speed of Videos Using 3x on TikTok
If you want to make your video really fast, you can follow the steps described in the first section.
- Select the plus icon to create a new video, then select the Speed icon.
- Choose the 3x speed option from the list above the Record icon at the bottom.
- Then, tap on the Record button to begin recording and then tap it again when finished.
- While recording, your video will appear to be of average speed. However, once you tap the checkmark when you’re done recording, the video will show in 3x speed.
How to Slow Down a TikTok Video That You Are Watching
For now, TikTok doesn’t offer any features to do this. However, it’s something for the TikTok team to think about since there have been many questions about if and when this feature will be available.
If you want to work around this rule, you can download the video to your phone and then use your built-in options or another app to speed it up or slow it down.
How to Slow, Speed and Reverse Your TikTok Video Using Snapchat
Resourceful TikTok users have found a way to test different features that the native app doesn’t offer yet. If you have a Snapchat account, you can use it to slow down, speed up, and reverse TikTok videos. Here’s how:
- Download a video from TikTok.
- Open Snapchat on your phone and open your camera roll.
- Tap on the video you’ve downloaded from TikTok.
- It will display on your screen as a new snap, so swipe to the right to find the snail icon. When this icon pops up, you’ll notice the video has started to slow down. The next swipe will speed up your video, and the one after that will make it go even faster.
- Save the video, and you’re done.
Unfortunately, there’s no rewind video option on Snapchat either, for when your video is too long. However, if you trim it down to ten seconds in length, you’ll be able to swipe one more time after the “faster” motion and see your video in reverse.
Here’s some more information about TikTok if you want to learn more about using this app.
How Do You Upload Videos to TikTok?
Uploading videos to your TikTok profile is simple, here’s how:
• To start, open up the TikTok app on your mobile device.
• Select the + (plus) icon at the bottom of the screen.
• On the new screen, navigate to the bottom right corner and tap on the icon above the word Upload.
• This will open your phone’s gallery, and you’ll be able to choose the video you want to upload.
How Long Can a TikTok Video Be?
If you’re using TikTok to create a video, it can last up to 60 seconds. However, you can record something using your phone’s camera or a third-party app. These videos can be uploaded to TikTok even if they’re longer than one minute.
How Does TikTok Work?
TikTok is a video platform where you can upload all kinds of videos.
• If you’re about to get started, first download the app and create an account.
• One of the last steps is to choose topics you’re interested in: entertainment, fitness, food, arts, and more. Select the ones you like, and related videos will appear on your For You page.
• When you’re ready to post your first video, tap on the plus sign on your home screen, and start recording.
Later on, you can add voice and image effects, filters, stickers, and other stuff to make your videos more exciting.
Does TikTok Have a Feature Where You Can Speed up and Slow Down Video?
Yes, it does. As we explained in one of the previous sections in this article, you can control the speed of your videos. Depending on what you’d like to do and what kind of video you’re recording, you can also speed up or slow down the audio too. This is particularly useful if you’re learning a new TikTok dance that you want to show to your followers. Once you’ve done it using the slow version of the audio, you can then put the video back to its normal speed and upload it.
Get Creative with Your Videos
Speeding up and slowing down your videos is only one of the fantastic features TikTok offers. That’s probably why the app is so popular – it gives you numerous ways to express your creative side and share your original ideas with the world.
There are several ways to play around with your videos, speed them up, record in slow motion, or reverse them. Some steps are more complicated than others, but using these features is mostly straightforward.
Have you tried them yet? Let us know how it worked out in the comments section below.