How to Check if Someone Left Your Private Story in SnapChat
Snapchat’s private stories are a fantastic way to keep your close friends up to date on what’s going on in your life. You can share accomplishments, funny moments, and personal information with the select few people who matter to you. So when someone opts out of your private stories, it can be pretty disheartening. Snapchat doesn’t send a notification when a person exits your customized story. However, monitoring your Snapchat story views will help you determine whether a friend has stopped being a part of your private story list.
This guide will go over how you can check whether someone has left your private story on your Android or iOS device.
If you’re unsure who’s part of your story group, you can check the list in the app and compare the names to your viewers. When the two lists don’t match up, you’ll see which member is the odd one out.
To find the absent story viewer, you’ll first have to check who can see the private story. To do so:
- Launch the app.
- Select “Bitmoji”and tap the “Stories” option.
- Find the desired private story and select the dot-shaped “More” button next to the story title.
- Press “See viewers” in the floating menu.
- The new window will display everyone who can view this private story. You’ll see a blue tick next to their names.
- Go through the list and try to remember all the members.
You can now compare this list to your story viewers.
If you’re using Snapchat on an Android device, going into your private story views is relatively straightforward. Here’s how to see who left a custom story on an Android tablet:
- Enter the Snapchat app through your Android home screen.
- Press the “Profile” section in the upper-left corner of the app.
- Navigate to the private story you want to inspect and press to open it.
- Click on the “View” button in the lower-left corner of the app’s interface to pull up a list of everyone who has seen your story.
People don’t always check their social media, so if you notice that someone’s not there one time, don’t panic. To make sure you know who’s exited your custom stories, repeat this process several times. When a person is always absent, you’ll know why your private story views have gone down.
The iPad Snapchat app can also be a tool for checking who can access your private story posts and who’s viewing the posts.
To see all of the people you’ve included in the story:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Tap “Bitmoji” and choose the “Stories” option.
- Go to the story you want to check and press the “More” button in the right-hand corner beside the story’s name.
- Tap on “See viewers” in the generated menu.
- A list of people who can watch the private story will pop up. Everyone with permission will be marked with a blue tick.
- Read all the names.
Now it’s time to determine whether these users will shop us in the story views.
To check who’s currently viewing your private posts:
- Launch Snapchat on your iPad.
- Go into the “Bitmoji” section in the upper-left of the app.
- Find the story you want to open and tap it.
- Press the “View” button in the bottom-left part of the screen. You’ll see a list of all the people who have clicked on your story.
Go through your views a few more times to see which user is consistently off the list.
The Snapchat app on your iPhone will also let you examine your story audience to see who’s no longer part of it.
You’ll first go through the private story group to remember who the members are:
To do so:
- Enter your iPhone’s Snapchat app.
- Tap “Bitmoji” and click on the “Stories” option in the app’s left part.
- Go to the story you want to inspect and select the “More” button. It is next to the story title.
- Press “See viewers” to see who has permission to look at your story. The group members have a blue tick next to their profiles.
- Go through the list.
You can compare this list to your active story viewers to find the person who no longer watches your story.
To learn who actively click on your private story:
- Go into the Snapchat app from the iPhone home screen.
- Enter the “Bitmoji” section in the app’s upper-left part.
- When you’ve spotted the story you want to enlarge, click to open it.
- Select the “View” button in the lower left-hand section of the interface. The action will generate the names of all users who have viewed your personal story.
Repeat this method with several custom stories to ensure you’ve correctly identified the missing person.
Snapchat’s private stories are a way to virtually connect on a deeper level with people who are important to you. With that in mind, you have complete control over who will be able to see your custom stories. Once someone has fallen out of your favor, you might want to stop keeping them in the loop about your online activities.
Regardless of what device you’re using, Snapchat allows you to take someone’s name off your private story list. When this action is completed, they won’t have access to your more personal posts.
This is how you can remove a person from your private group on an Android:
- Open the Snapchat app from the Android home screen.
- Press the “Bitmoji” option, then click on the “Stories” section.
- Navigate to the private story you want to adjust and tap the “More” button beside the story’s name. The button is shaped like three dots.
- Choose the “See viewers” tab from the pop-up menu.
- The action will open a new window. The members of your personal story will be listed. The blue checkmarks next to their profile indicate they’re allowed to view your personal story.
- Find the person you want to block from the private story and press the blue checkmark next to them.
- Scroll to the bottom of the app and click on “Save.”
This person will no longer have access to your custom story.
If you’ve added someone to your custom story by mistake, you can remove them using your iPad. Here’s how it’s done:
- Launch Snapchat from the iPad home screen.
- Click on “Bitmoji” and choose the “Stories” section.
- Find the story you want to change and select the “More” button next to the story title. The button is in the shape of three tiny dots.
- Press “See viewers” in the floating menubar.
- You’ll now see everyone who has been added to the story. All members have a blue permission checkmark.
- Navigate to the person you want to remove and hit the checkmark.
- At the bottom of the screen, select “Save.”
This action has disabled the person you’ve selected from seeing your custom story.
To stop someone from viewing your private Snapchat story on an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Enter the iPhone Snapchat app.
- Tap “Bitmoji” and go into the “Stories” section.
- Locate the story you wish to change and press the “More button.” It is next to the story’s name and looks like three small dots.
- Select “See viewers” from the pop-up menu.
- This will generate a list of everyone who can look at your story. The blue ticks besides their names show you’ve granted them permission.
- Find the person you wish to remove and press their tick.
- Scroll to the bottom of the interface and choose “Save.”
You have successfully taken this person out of your private story group.
With so much of our lives happening online, it’s essential to have complete control over story viewing information. Snapchat has no built-in feature to help you find out who has stopped viewing your custom stories, but luckily, there’s a way to bypass that problem.
Have you ever noticed someone had stopped viewing your stories? Which method did you use to confirm it? Let us know in the comment section.