How to Display Your Pictures on TV with Chromecast
Google Chromecast is one of the most affordable streaming media devices out there today. After recently acquiring one, I have to say I’m quite impressed. Being a gadget and tech pro isn’t a requirement for using this little gem. There’s so much you can do with the Chromecast; it blows my mind.
Chromecast is by far the easiest and most diverse streaming media device I have come across yet. For the $35 price point and the variety of uses, you won’t be disappointed with your purchase.
All Google Apps work with the Google Chromecast, of course. You can also find a complete list of compatible and downloadable apps here. They have anything and everything you need to keep yourself entertained and busy for hours on end. Watch TV, movies, or sports; listen to music; play games . . . and the list goes on. I’m already hooked—and you’ll be, too.
While there are many things you can do with your Google Chromecast, this post is merely going to be a tutorial about how to use your Chromecast to view your photos on your TV.
Display Pictures on TV from the Chrome Browser on your PC
Make sure your computer and the Google Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network, if you have more than one. Most homes have a 2.4ghz and 5ghz Wi-Fi connection. I suggest the 5ghz connection to experience the best performance.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer and install the Google Cast extension from the Chrome Web store.
- Log in to your Google account in the Chrome browser. Click on the Google Apps icon and select the Photos app.
- Select the Google Cast icon and choose your Chromecast device. Boom—you’re connected.
- When you have more than one tab open in the Chrome browser, select “Cast this tab.”
Your TV should now be displaying your Google Photos tab from Chrome on your television through the Chromecast. See, that was easy, right? Now click through your pictures at your leisure.
Let’s move on to the second way you can utilize the Google Chromecast to display pictures on your TV.
Display Pictures on TV From Your Mobile Phone (iPhone or Android)
You need to have the Google Photos app installed. Don’t have it? No problem—head on over to Google Play or the Apple App store and download the Google Photos App to your phone.
- Open the Google Photos App on your Android or Apple smartphone.
- Tap the Chromecast casting icon to connect to your Chromecast device.
- Start scrolling through your photos on your phone and you’ll also see them displayed on your TV screen.
- When you’re ready to disconnect your phone from the Chromecast, simply tap the casting icon once again and tap on “Disconnect.”
There you have it—two convenient ways to share or simply enjoy your pictures on your TV with Google Chromecast.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.