How to Connect Streamlabs to Twitch
Streamlabs is one of the most popular streaming platforms for Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook, enabling creators to engage with the audience, monetize their broadcasts, customize and grow their channels. However, to use all the features Streamlabs offers, you must first link it to your Twitch account.
In this article, we’ll explain how to set up Steamlabs for Twitch. We’ll also provide instructions for connecting Streamlabs chatbot and donation to your Twitch stream. In the end, we’ll answer some common questions about customizing stream appearances.
How to Connect Streamlabs to Twitch
To use Streamlabs during your Twitch streams, you should first link your Twitch and Streamlabs accounts. Follow the steps below:
- Download the Streamlabs OBS for your operating system from the official website.
- Find the installation file in your downloads and run it. Follow on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
- When the Connect window appears during configuration, click the Twitch icon.
- Sign in to your Twitch account to link it to Streamlabs.
How to Connect Streamlabs Chatbot to Twitch
Streamlabs offers Twitch streamers a convenient way to personalize their chat moderation by setting up a dedicated chatbot. Streamlabs chatbot doesn’t require any coding knowledge. All commands and features can be controlled via the Streamlabs dashboard.
Follow the instructions below to connect Streamlabs chatbot to your Twitch account:
- Download the Streamlabs Chat Bot software from the official website.
- Head to Twitch and create a new bot account.
- Run the Streamlabs Chat Bot installation file and follow on-screen instructions to set it up.
- When prompted, click “Log In to Twitch Bot Account” at the bottom of the window and enter your Twitch bot account credentials.
- Click “Log in to Twitch” and authorize with your primary Twitch account credentials.
- Select “Log in to Streamlabs” and enter your Streamlabs account credentials. You will be redirected to the Streamlabs chatbot dashboard.
- Check the box next to “Auto-connect on launch” at the top of the page, then select other configuration parameters according to your preference and click “Next.”
- Press the “Finish” button.
Now, every time you want to stream on Twitch, the Streamlabs chatbot will be automatically added to your stream chat. You can either launch the stream by clicking “Go Live” on the Streamlabs Chat Bot dashboard or directly via your Twitch account.
How to Link Streamlabs Donation to Twitch
Apart from changing the appearance of your Twitch stream or enabling a chatbot, Streamlabs let you conveniently receive and manage donations during your stream. This can be done by setting up a Streamlabs tip page and connecting it to your Twitch account. Follow the instructions below to get started:
- Log in to your Streamlabs account.
- From the dashboard, navigate to “Settings,” located in the left sidebar.
- Go to the “Donations Settings” tab, then to “Methods.”
- Select your preferred donation collection method and follow on-screen instructions to set it up, then click “Connect.”
- Copy the “www.streamlabs.com/donate/YOURUSERNAME” link from the Donation Settings page and paste it to your Twitch profile or your Twitch stream chat.
How to Customize Stream Appearance With Streamlabs
One of Streamlabs best features is the ability to tailor your stream aesthetics to your personal preference. You can choose the preferred overlays, panels, and templates from hundreds of options in the Streamlabs catalog, all created by top artists in the industry.
To use these visual perks, you must first subscribe to Streamlabs Prime – they aren’t available in the software’s free version. From there, you can take a look at some of the assets in the theme library. Furthermore, you can create Twitch panels and themes yourself if you have Photoshop skills or within the Streamlabs Twitch Panel Editor.
To set a Twitch stream overlay, follow the steps below:
- Create or download the desired Twitch overlay from the Streamlabs catalog.
- Launch Streamlabs and log in to your account.
- Select “Settings” from the left sidebar, then click “Scene Collections.”
- Click “Import Overlay File” and upload the overlay file to Streamlabs and confirm.
Everything should be integrated automatically, such as the social buttons, the camera overlay, and the support bars. However, in case you need to edit any elements, here’s how:
- After uploading the overlay file, click on the screen you wish to edit. You will find the screen selection under the “Sources” section at the bottom of your screen.
- Double-click the elements you want to edit. For instance, click “Your Name” to edit your name. You can also change the font.
- Change the necessary elements on every overlay screen. Keep track of the font consistency.
- Click “Done” to confirm changes.
Stream Like a Pro
Hopefully, our guide has helped you set up Streamlabs to start broadcasting on Twitch. The free version of Streamlabs OBS offers plenty of features to help fellow streamers, but Streamlabs Prime is the ultimate pro-streamer toolkit. If you’re looking to grow your audience, create a personal brand, and earn off your streams, consider joining the program for even more support.
What’s your favorite Streamlabs feature, and what, in your opinion, needs improvement? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.