How to Create a Channel in Telegram
Social media channels are an excellent way to get your message across to a large group of people. However, Telegram isn’t the same as other social networks. Only administrators can send messages on Telegram.
In this article, we’ll explain how to create a channel on your desktop, Android and iPhone devices.
Creating a Channel on Your Desktop
Many businesses have their social media channels installed on laptops so they can be available 24/7. Like many social networks with the same purpose, Telegram is available on both Mac and Windows.
Assuming that you’re already familiar with the basics of Telegram, let’s get right to the steps:
- Click on the “Notes” icon in the top-right corner of the screen
- The following options will pop up: New Group, New Secret Chat, and New Channel. Obviously, you should click on the last one.
- Add the name of your channel and a description. For instance, the title can be “Technology House,” and the description would be “selling items” or “marketing strategies.”
- Add an image (if you want) and hit the “Next” button.
- The next step is deciding whether your channel will be private or public.
- Once you make a decision, you’ll see a permanent link underneath. If you choose the public option, you’ll have to create a link to share for people to join.
- Click “Done,” and there you have it.
Creating a Channel on an Android Device
While some like to have a backup app on their desktops, many will still stick with their smartphones. Here’s how to create a Telegram channel using your Android smartphone:
- Click on the “Pen” icon in the down-right corner of the screen. At the top, you’ll see the following three options pop up: New Group, New Secret Chat, and New Channel. Click on the channel option.
- In the “Channel name” field, enter the name of your channel and add a description underneath it. Note: the description part isn’t necessary.
- You can also add an image.
- Once you’re done, click on “Check icon.”
- Like the desktop version, the next step, is to decide on the availability of your Telegram channel. You get to decide whether your channel will be “Private” or “Public.” Click on the desired option, and you’re done.
Creating a Channel on an iPhone
The process for iPhone users is almost identical to the last option. Here’s how it’s done:
- Click on the “Notes” icon in the top-right corner. Of the three options – New Group, New Secret Chat, and New Channel – click on the last one.
- Next, you’ll need to add the name, description, and image to your Telegram channel. The last two are optional.
- The last step is availability: public or private.
- Once you click on the desired option, it’s done. You’ve created a Telegram channel.
Why It’s Useful to Have a Telegram Channel
We’ve walked you through the basics of creating a Telegram channel on your phone and PC. Now let’s take a minute to single out reasons why having a channel on this app is useful:
- You can join and leave the channel whenever you want. If you no longer want to be a part of it, you’re free to leave it right away.
- There’s no limit to the number of subscribers. Whether it’s a public or private channel, an indefinite number of people can join.
- Besides the administrator, no one else can see new subscribers. This is an excellent way to prevent various breaches of privacy.
- You can create discussion groups so that channel participants can communicate with each other.
- You can increase privacy measures by screenshotting content inside the channel.
Best Telegram Channels to Subscribe to in 2023
Telegram offers some interesting and lively channels to its subscribers. Here are the top channels to be a part of in 2023:
How do public and private channels differ?
The difference between private and public channels is that you have a Username with public channels that you have to set. Anyone can look them up and join. Private channels are like closed societies. Here, you’ll have to be added by the administrator.
How to add people to your channel?
It’s fairly easy. If it’s a public channel, it’ll have a username, and you can share the link on social media. People can also search and join your channel. With private channels, you’ll have to send an invite link to your future subscribers and approve it.
Is there a feedback option within the channel?
Yes. You can add a discussion group chat to the channel. That way, your subscribers will see a comment button for your posts. These will appear in a thread.
What is the most popular channel on Telegram?
The most popular channel on Telegram is Telegram News (@telegram) with over 6.27 million subscribers.
Are Telegram channels free?
Yes. Telegram channels are completely free. There are no advertisements or subscription fees.
What does the eye icon mean?
Each post on your Telegram Channel has a number of viewers. Forwarded copies of your messages are also included in the view count. This is an efficient way to keep track of how many Telegram users have seen the message, and how far it has spread.
However, the viewer count is approximate. Telegram’s intention isn’t to spy on anyone. After a few days, the view number will disappear, and it will be counted once again.
How do I know who posted a message on Telegram?
If you’re the admin of the channel, you can set admin signatures that other channel participant can see.
Send a Telegram Channel
Creating a Telegram channel on all devices is relatively quick and easy. In fact, it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. You can make a public and a private channel. Adding people is easy too – you just share the link on social media. You can even add a discussion group.
Having a Telegram channel is useful for many reasons. You can join and leave the channel whenever you want, there is no limit to the number of subscribers, and you can create discussion groups for people to chat with each other. The most popular Telegram channel is Telegram News. Other interesting channels you should subscribe to include Full Music Album, Women’s Look, Did You Know, Memes, and Crypto World News.
Have you ever created a Telegram channel? Are you familiar with the tips we’ve outlined? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.