How to Create a Dubsmash in the TikTok App
Do you know how to use TikTok? Do you know how to make lip-sync, comedy, dance, and many other types of videos? If so, you’ll know that when you make a TikTok video, it’s saved on your device and can also be used elsewhere.
If you were wondering how to create a Dubsmash in the TikTok app, we’ll show you how. It’s just like making a regular TikTok video, only this time you can customize it to fit the Dubsmash format.
Even though that may sound complicated, don’t worry, it’s actually very easy. All you’ve got to do is follow the instructions below.
What You Will Need
For this to work, you’ll obviously need both the TikTok and the Dubsmash apps installed and updated to the latest version on your device. Here are the TikTok download links for the Google Play Store (Android) and the Apple App Store (iOS devices).
Also, here are the Dubsmash Apple App Store link and the Google Play Store link. Once you’ve installed both apps and updated them, you’re ready to go. But first, keep in mind that the Dubsmash format is only ten seconds long and that you can only upload videos of up to 15 seconds.
If you upload a 15-second video, you can trim it down to ten seconds, so it can be uploaded as a Dubsmash. In case you only want to record Dubsmash audio in TikTok, it can be done, but you’ll still need to upload the video, and Dubsmash will extract the audio from it.
For people using TikTok or Dubsmash for the first time, it’s worth mentioning that you’ll need to register a new account with both apps, using your email address, a password, and a username.
When you’re all set up, go to create your Dubsmash in the TikTok app.
How to Create a Lip-Sync TikTok
Most people make lip-sync videos in Dubsmash, and you’ll probably want to do that as well. TikTok lets you make incredibly lip-sync videos, so it makes sense to use this app. Here’s how to create a lip-sync TikTok:
- Start the TikTok app on your Android or iOS device.
- Tap the Plus icon (+) in the middle of your screen to create a new TikTok.
- Select the Add Sound option at the top of your screen (musical note icon).
- Choose a song from TikTok’s song library, or upload your own audio from your device. For your own audio, tap the My Sound option, and select the track you had in mind. Confirm by tapping the checkmark icon.
- After selecting the music, go back to video options. Near the bottom of the screen, you can choose to slow down or speed up your TikTok. When you’re ready, tap and hold the Record icon (red circle) below the recording speed option.
- When you release the record button, you’ll be able to see your recording. More importantly, you’ll be able to trim and edit the video in order to make the music sync with your lip movements. Also, you can add filters on this page if you like.
- Tap the scissor icon to cut the audio, and then drag the marker at the bottom to trim down the audio as you please.
- When you’re done editing, tap on the checkmark to confirm and save your TikTok.
- Finally, you can choose to share your TikTok or save it to your device media library. Sharing is optional, but do save the file to your device first.
How to Turn Your TikTok into a Dubsmash
You’re done with TikTok and ready to transform your recording into a Dubsmash. The lip-syncing part is down to you. Therefore, it’s difficult to give you practical advice in that regard. You have to practice until you get it right. When satisfied with the TikTok, you can upload it to Dubsmash.
You can either use the entire TikTok clip or just extract its audio to Dubsmash. Here’s how to upload your TikTok video to Dubsmash:
- Open the Dubsmash app on your device.
- Tap on the plus icon at the button that says Create.
- Select the Upload option.
- Choose the TikTok you just made from your device’s video library. Wait until the video is uploaded to Dubsmash, it can take a while.
- Then, tap on Next.
- Finally, you can post your new Dubsmash made in TikTok. Just tap on Post to confirm.
If you only want to upload the audio from your TikTok video, and do the lip-syncing on Dubsmash, follow these steps:
- Open the Dubsmash app.
- Tap on Profile.
- Tap on Sounds, and select Add New Sound.
- Select the TikTok video you created and Dubsmash will extract only the audio part from it.
- Then, you can create a Dubsmash like you normally do, and select this sound from the list of available audio.
Have Fun Lip Syncing
That’s it! Now you know that creating Dubsmash clips in the TikTok app isn’t so difficult, after all. What’s more difficult is lip-synching perfectly with the song that’s playing. But we’ll leave that part to you! Just follow the rhythm and practice like mad.
If you’re only making dance Dubsmash, then you can use just the audio from TikTok, which is even easier. What are your thoughts? Leave a comment in the section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.