How to Create a Group Chat in Snapchat
Are you looking for a way to share a photo on Snapchat among a group of friends? Snapchat has a fantastic function that lets its users send content to multiple friends and family effortlessly. You can do this by creating a group chat. If you’re wondering how to do this, you’ve come to the right place.
Read on to find out how to create a group chat, no matter whether you’re an Android or an iPhone user. And as a bonus, learn how to add people to that group and also how to remove them.
How to Create a Group on Snapchat on Android
If you’re using an Android phone, creating a group on Snapchat isn’t that difficult. In this section, we’ll show you the steps to take so that you can start sending cool snaps to your friends and family.
Before you create a group, make sure to have the latest version of Snapchat. This is because you want to have all fun functions, such as the ability to send texts and Snapping. To ensure you’re using the latest version of Snapchat, here’s what you do:
- Grab your phone and head over to “Play Store.”
- Click on the menu in the top left part of the screen.
- Select “My apps & games.”
- Look for the “Updates” tab and click on it.
- Find “Snapchat.”
- If there are updates available, you’ll see a button next to the app. Click on it.
Now it’s time to make a group chat. Follow these steps:
- Make sure the phone is connected to the internet.
- Launch “Snapchat.”
- Tap on the “Chat” icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Head over to the “New Chat” icon in the upper right corner of the screen. It looks like a word bubble with a pen.
- Click on “New Group.”
- Select friends from the list below.
- Click on “Chat with Group”
- When you finish, click on “Name Group” to create a group name then hit the Enter Key icon or “done” on your keypad.
It’s never been easier to communicate with a group of friends on Snapchat.
How to Create a Group on Snapchat on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, you might be wondering if the steps are much different than if you were using an Android. You can relax, because creating a group on Snapchat follows virtually the same steps across the different operating systems. That said, to create a group chat on Snapchat on iPhone, this is what you need to do:
- Open “Snapchat” on your iPhone.
- Click on the “Chat” icon in the bottom part of the screen.
- Tap on the “New Chat” icon in the top right corner of the screen. It’s next to the silhouette icon with a plus (+).
- Select “New Group.”
- Choose friends to include in the group. You can select from the list below.
- Click on “Create Group.”
Note: It’s possible to add up to 31 people to the group chat, plus you.
How to Add People to the Group Chat
Now that you’ve created a group chat, you suddenly realize you’ve left out some friends. You’re wondering, “Do I need to create a completely new group, or can I add them to the existing chat?” Fortunately, there’s no need to go through the process of making another group chat. Here’s how to add new members to the existing chat:
- Open “Snapchat.”
- Tap on the “Chat” icon to find the group chat you need.
- Tap the Group Chat profile icon. This will open “Group Profile.”
- Click on “+ Add Members.” Choose the friends you want to add to the group.
Note: New members won’t be able to see the old messages from the group chat. They’ll start seeing the messages that are created from the moment they’re added.
How to Remove People to the Group Chat
Having a group chat with multiple friends is useful. But sometimes you need to remove members from the group for whatever the reason may be. You might wonder if it’s possible to delete them from the group. Unfortunately, once people are in a group, there’s no way to remove them. However, there are a couple of things you could try:
Create a New Group
Although this might sound bothersome, creating an entirely new group is the fastest way to eliminate specific people. All desired members can be moved from the old group and be part of the new group chat. First, they all need to click on the menu in the old chat (located in the top right corner of the screen), then, they tap on the “Leave Group” button.
Create the new group chat by following the steps above and have the desired members join that group.
Ask the Person to Leave the Group
Sometimes it’s best to ask the member to leave the group on their own. Perhaps you’ve created a group chat with colleagues, and one person no longer works with you. You can simply ask them to leave, however, this depends on the situation and if you’re willing to ask them to do that.
Snapchat Group Options
As you see, creating a group chat on Snapchat is relatively simple, whether you’re using Android or iPhone. It’s also possible to add more members, as long as there’s 32 of you.
How do you like these Snapchat options? Do often use group chats and, if so, why? Share your experience with the community in the comments section below.